ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

They gave Butler the catch on the awkward tackle, and the ball was fumbled out of bounds. Was it forward progress? Ball was OOB? Kind of looked legitimately like a ball dropped in bounds recovered by WSU.

So what is the f---ing plan here? 1st half we're in their face in 1 second on every snap, 2nd half it's 15 yard runs by Montgomery and 30 yard throws to Butler in single coverage?

Normal third quarter for the Cougars. They seldom play well in the third.

Purdy read Pelleur on that play. Didn’t roll out until Pelleur committed to the rush. Nice read by him.

Normal third quarter for the Cougars. They seldom play well in the third.
What worries me RE "usual" performance by quarter is that we also don't come out hair on fire like we did in the first quarter and a half. We came out with the momentum for sure and then we spent the next quarter and a half on our heels. Will we come out swinging, roll over for 25 minutes, and rage to victory in the 4th?

What worries me RE "usual" performance by quarter is that we also don't come out hair on fire like we did in the first quarter and a half. We came out with the momentum for sure and then we spent the next quarter and a half on our heels. Will we come out swinging, roll over for 25 minutes, and rage to victory in the 4th?
Offense (honestly) hasn’t done anything tonight to make me expect that. They need to create some cushion, because ISU isn’t done scoring.

Offense (honestly) hasn’t done anything tonight to make me expect that. They need to create some cushion, because ISU isn’t done scoring.
What do you figure we need to win tonight? I'll venture 42 the way things are going.

Williams was still engaged. You can't judge the intent.

He's blocking and fell. It didn't look like he was knocked into the defender.

You cannot be the player that was engaged and also be the player that does the chop block.

That's game.

ISU simply want it more.

Don't know what is in the Leach water in Pullman, but Cougs just don't gaf when everything is on the line.

What do you figure we need to win tonight? I'll venture 42 the way things are going.
Considering they are missing 2 defensive starters that should be attainable. When the refs decide to make a horseshit call that puts us in 1st and 20 and knocks us out of FG range makes it tough.

Team should be EMBARRASSED with the tackling tonight. 3 quarters of rotten dumpster. Bunch of guys who saw ISU power for extra yardage through 2 quarters and think somehow they're going to back off now that they're closing in on the lead.

Even with the botched 3rd and 7 run, defense is wearing concrete shoes.

If I'm ISU I have to be happy with the ball control going on. It's not too lopsided yet but Minshew increasingly spending the game on the sideline.

Let’s give up on the run completely and become one dimensional. Sounds like a great idea.

You cannot be the player that was engaged and also be the player that does the chop block.
I'm not sure what you mean and if I'm wrong so be it. Williams was blocking above the waste, Harris fell into the guy below the waste. Harris' intent wasn't to block him but it doesn't matter.

20 points now in the last 4 ISU drives, or 5 points per drive for the booklearnin' challenged. Strongly believe we need 17-21 more to win, but the 3-and-out "answer" to ISU's 4th straight scoring drive - followed by a s--t punt - says we need to get down to find our motivation again.

Huh. So much for that. Defense is out of gas. Anything short of a TD surrendered is a victory here

21-20 Cougs
ISU has scored in each of the last 4 series and have the ball near mid field.
Not a good trend right now.

Most of the season we’ve stepped up in the 4th on both sides of the ball. Let’s hope we’ve got 1 more in us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT