ADVERTISEMENT

Good American Experience Film tonight.....

SCglory

Hall Of Fame
Dec 19, 2003
I know I mentioned it before, but should be good. A nice preview of the (hopefully) coming Hollywood version:

In spite of my intense desire to hate all things UW, I enjoyed the book and will watch tonight. Turns out I unconsciously favor huskies over Nazis.
Not a bad show if you're not familiar with the story. But it's a fairly cursory treatment if you've read the book.

Not a bad show if you're not familiar with the story. But it's a fairly cursory treatment if you've read the book.
I agree, but that leaves a lot of food on the table for Hollywood....Brown's book is especially strong--I thought--when it treats the Ranz family issues

In spite of my intense desire to hate all things UW, I enjoyed the book and will watch tonight. Turns out I unconsciously favor huskies over Nazis.

BTW, 95 you were right--in that that group vid shot WAS the real deal, taken just after the Princeton row. That explains why they are out of breath, and why they looked so genuine to the period! I was trying to place the background as around Lake Washington, no wonder that was a tough fit! Good work.

LOL A really good book about a really compelling story, wasn't it? Gave me an odd feeling while reading it, though. 'I am rooting for them? What am I doing?' Apparently there are some organizations worse than the uw. Pretty low bar but still...

LOL A really good book about a really compelling story, wasn't it? Gave me an odd feeling while reading it, though. 'I am rooting for them? What am I doing?' Apparently there are some organizations worse than the uw. Pretty low bar but still...
Anyone who doesn't root for those particular guys--considering what they went through--is myopic. I think one has to look beyond the letter on their chest

Anyone who doesn't root for those particular guys--considering what they went through--is myopic. I think one has to look beyond the letter on their chest
In the pictures of them I've seen, the letters are either "USA" or a grey "W". I have not seen a picture of them in purple & gold.

If ISIS ever really got organized, they'd be as bad as the Nazis. At least.
They may be worse. The Nazis attempted to hide their hideous murders. ISIS videotapes them for all to proudly show to the world. Maybe the scale of what the Nazis did still makes them worse, but not by much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT