ADVERTISEMENT

Hercules to the NFL

dgibbons

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2002
He just posted it on Twitter.

It’s the right decision for him.

I think any kid that is projected to get drafted in a round that translates to a pretty much guaranteed roster spot should go. Nothing is a guarantee of course, but the first 3-4 rounds make rosters I believe, not sure how the numbers fall in actuality

He just posted it on Twitter.

It’s the right decision for him.

I don't know if it is the right decision or wrong decision. But, it is his decision. I hope he is outstanding in the NFL.

I am happy for him - does anyone know if he has his degree??? I am all for kids going pro but they need to finish their degrees first.

Gib, it is the right decision if he goes in the first 2 rounds. I'm not sold that will happen. It might. We'll see.

If he went 3rd, it might make sense, but might not. He would probably have increased his draft rating next year, and could have chosen to try to fit into an NFL position. You know that the Cougs would have used him as a rush LB if that is what he wanted in order to stay.

And if he goes 4th or later, it was simply a bad decision.

We'll see who takes him and when.

Gib, it is the right decision if he goes in the first 2 rounds. I'm not sold that will happen. It might. We'll see.

If he went 3rd, it might make sense, but might not. He would probably have increased his draft rating next year, and could have chosen to try to fit into an NFL position. You know that the Cougs would have used him as a rush LB if that is what he wanted in order to stay.

This is a no-brainer for Hercules. Now he can concentrate on training that will improve certain numbers for him in try-outs. Keep in mind it is the conditioning he experienced at WSU that shaped him into the player he is today. He had a lot of natural talent and explosiveness to begin with, but he just kept getting better and better. Now he has the time to take it to another level. Best of luck to Hercules. We'll say we knew him when.

This is a no-brainer for Hercules. Now he can concentrate on training that will improve certain numbers for him in try-outs.

Exactly. Why would he come back? To risk injury? To play for a new defensive coordinator? To possibly not be a consensus All American?

The time is now for Herc. Best of luck to him. We’re counting on a huge CAF donation!!

I don't think coming back helps him at all. Too many things have to go right for his numbers to be comparable to this year. Not to mention that the other 11 OC would make sure to take him out of the game this time around. Even if he played better it might not show up in stats which is risky for a player with his position questions I think. I also don't think Leach is the type of coach that is going cater to 1 player so he will look better to NFL scouts unless it happened to benefit the team by doing so. That is not in his DNA

I hope he has a great draft and makes a lot of money. it is the correct decision and i wish him well and a long NFL career

Just my opinion of course, but I don’t think his stock can get any higher.

He best chance to get on a roster where he'd play just retired. I've said it before that Aryans has the imagination to find a place for Herc, just like he did with DBuc. He could win the NFL lottery and end up in NE, as Belicheck prefers athletes over position players as well.

If not, I'm not sure who will take a chance on a tweener. He's listed 6'2" 252, which means 6'1" 240 more than likely. He's in a tough place, but I hope he lands somewhere that can use his speed and reaction time as an edge rusher immediately instead of risking his health on KO coverage.

He best chance to get on a roster where he'd play just retired. I've said it before that Aryans has the imagination to find a place for Herc, just like he did with DBuc. He could win the NFL lottery and end up in NE, as Belicheck prefers athletes over position players as well.

If not, I'm not sure who will take a chance on a tweener. He's listed 6'2" 252, which means 6'1" 240 more than likely. He's in a tough place, but I hope he lands somewhere that can use his speed and reaction time as an edge rusher immediately instead of risking his health on KO coverage.
He has a great first step. But as we have seen UW and MSU made him look ordinary at best. I am not saying he should or shouldn’t come out. But the best way for him to play next year is at wsu. He easily could be Phillip Bobo. Yes, if NE gets him as a free agent he may have a chance at being on the practice squad.

Last edited:
Gibbons is right. His stock has reached the ceiling and he is smart to declare now. Not ideal for us but it is for him. I wish him the best and will await the NFL draft with interest.

Unlike previous years, the heights and weights on the roster seem pretty legit since Leach arrived. He may be less than 250 since the season just got over, but I’d say he’ll be 250 easy when he’s weighed and measured.

He has a great first step. But as we have seen UW and Penn State made him look ordinary at best. I am not saying he should or shouldn’t come out. But the best way for him to play next year is at wsu. He easily could be Phillip Bobo. Yes, if NE gets him as a free agent he may have a chance at being on the practice squad.

Guess I missed the Penn State game.

Reactions: YakiCoug
He really ought to get Ed's evaluation before making a decision, though. Ed's connections with NFL teams means he can really give him a reliable draft prediction.
Who said he made the wrong decision. If Destiny and Barber dont get a sniff and they have NFL size, why do you believe Hercules ability and production will transfer to the NFL. Even Leach mentioned about three months ago what makes Hercules special was his first step. But his forty time is merely average,

All I said if he wants to play next year, IE participate on the field he should have come back.

Just my opinion of course, but I don’t think his stock can get any higher.

His stock would have climbed if he would have come back and showed what he could do without a hand on the ground.

It will be interesting to watch what round he is picked. He will probably have the "project" label which means 4th round or lower. But who knows not many players like him to really predict.

His stock would have climbed if he would have come back and showed what he could do without a hand on the ground.

It will be interesting to watch what round he is picked. He will probably have the "project" label which means 4th round or lower. But who knows not many players like him to really predict.
Give me what you believe are the chances Hercules gets picked in first four rounds? Then give me the chances rounds 5 and 6, then round 7. What are the chances he is picked up as a free agent? What are his chances making a practice squad or better?

Give me what you believe are the chances Hercules gets picked in first four rounds? Then give me the chances rounds 5 and 6, then round 7. What are the chances he is picked up as a free agent? What are his chances making a practice squad or better?

How about this ,if New England picks him first 4 rounds > 75%. They selected Bruschi in the 3rd round.

If New England passes then 50/50 rounds 5-7 or UDFA.

Problem projecting him is not sure how much uncertainty will be cleared up at the combine , unless he blows everyone's doors off with his 40 time or something like that.

How about this ,if New England picks him first 4 rounds > 75%. They selected Bruschi in the 3rd round.

If New England passes then 50/50 rounds 5-7 or UDFA.

Problem projecting him is not sure how much uncertainty will be cleared up at the combine , unless he blows everyone's doors off with his 40 time or something like that.
I would say there is a 1% chance he gets picked on first three rounds. 5% in rounds 4-5-6. 10% in round 7. Someone will sign him . 20% chance he is on someone’s practice squad . He is a great college player.

NFL Draftscout rank Hercules the #2 OLB Out of 172 and have him currently slotted in the 2nd round
Might want to up that 1% just a tad.

Reactions: froropmkr72
The fact that he’s a consensus all american, compared by many NFL scouts to Tedy Bruschi (who also played as a 247lb d-lineman in college).

The NFL loves versatile players, and Herc will be a an immediate contributor in a 3-4 scheme. He can be an edge rusher, an interior LB, and a situational down lineman. He’s already grading out as having the best motor of any front 7 player in the draft.

Reactions: kougkurt
The fact that he’s a consensus all american, compared by many NFL scouts to Tedy Bruschi (who also played as a 247lb d-lineman in college).

The NFL loves versatile players, and Herc will be a an immediate contributor in a 3-4 scheme. He can be an edge rusher, an interior LB, and a situational down lineman. He’s already grading out as having the best motor of any front 7 player in the draft.

Not to mention that he would be a beast on Special teams. In the NFL rookies are expected to contribute on special teams. He's the NFL draft equivalent of an "Athlete" recruit. You grab him in rounds 2-4, get him in camp knowing he's gonna be on kick coverage teams and see which spot(s) on D he can help you at.

Not to mention that he would be a beast on Special teams. In the NFL rookies are expected to contribute on special teams. He's the NFL draft equivalent of an "Athlete" recruit. You grab him in rounds 2-4, get him in camp knowing he's gonna be on kick coverage teams and see which spot(s) on D he can help you at.

Kick coverage and special teams ?

What is his 40 time ?

I hope the guy is drafted high and cashes in but there are many unknowns how he fits in the league.

What is his 40 time ?

I hope the guy is drafted high and cashes in but there are many unknowns how he fits in the league.
I could see him clocking a sub 4.80. But we’ll see

Who said he made the wrong decision. If Destiny and Barber dont get a sniff and they have NFL size, why do you believe Hercules ability and production will transfer to the NFL. Even Leach mentioned about three months ago what makes Hercules special was his first step. But his forty time is merely average,

All I said if he wants to play next year, IE participate on the field he should have come back.

And this ..."He easily could be Phillip Bobo. Yes, if NE gets him as a free agent he may have a chance at being on the practice squad."
As for Destiny Vaeao, he might not have been drafted but he is on the Philadelphia Eagles' roster. Guess he's gotten a sniff.

What is his 40 time ?

I have no idea what his 40 time is so yeah maybe not kick off team, but I could see him punt/return teams and kick return up front.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT