ADVERTISEMENT

How about a shout out

To the MLS Champions
SEATTLE SOUNDERS.
Liked it better when it was Portland, but I'd recommend these games to anyone who hasn't experienced them. The chants are loud, the beers are good and the people are very energetic.

To the MLS Champions
SEATTLE SOUNDERS.
You beat me to it. I was just about to post the same.

One of the strangest games that I have ever seen. Two completely opposite halves. Sounders were really disjointed offensively during the first 45 while Toronto's passing was exceptionally crisp. To no avail though as it was scoreless at half-time. Don't know what Brian Schmetzer told them during the half-time interlude but it worked. An own goal broke the stalemate and the Sounders had the bulk of the play after that. Well done, Sounders.

Observer's note is spot on. Lots of enthusiasm for "kickball" among a portion of the population. Attendance was a few shy of 70,000, a new record for a sporting event in the Clink. Better than anything that the Seahawks have managed. Sold out in 20 minutes. Amazing. I would assume that the city will hold a parade celebrating this. I, being vertically challenged at 5'6", will not attend same as I would spend a couple of hours looking at the back of someone's neck.

Hopefully we see lots of Iron Flags during the parade, can't wait. Don't step on any needles while you're down there.

Congratulating an MLS champ is like congratulating a Single A baseball champion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT