ADVERTISEMENT

I just hope

cboom

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2019
Rolo invents himself again and hires enough good coaches around him to get to .500, look at his record against a really weak G5 league. That’s all it is, this joker is not a P-5 or PAC-12 coach. Going to be just like th Wolff deal. Lots of people arguing about it. But not really going to be settled until he is fired in a couple years.Wolff era will look really good after this hire.

Rolo invents himself again and hires enough good coaches around him to get to .500, look at his record against a really weak G5 league. That’s all it is, this joker is not a P-5 or PAC-12 coach. Going to be just like th Wolff deal. Lots of people arguing about it. But not really going to be settled until he is fired in a couple years.Wolff era will look really good after this hire.
WTF? Your entitled to your opinion but what good does posting this shit do for anyone? I don’t think people need to be blind followers by any stretch. Nor would I want that to be the case. You can’t, at least give the guy a chance before you’ve anointed him the worst coach in D1 history?

Goodbye. I’m giving you the same chance at posting anything meaningful to this board that you are giving the new coach of succeeding. None.

WTF? Your entitled to your opinion but what good does posting this shit do for anyone? I don’t think people need to be blind followers by any stretch. Nor would I want that to be the case. You can’t, at least give the guy a chance before you’ve anointed him the worst coach in D1 history?

Goodbye. I’m giving you the same chance at posting anything meaningful to this board that you are giving the new coach of succeeding. None.

El and Kyle Smith v2.0

Reactions: mikalalas
I think he shows up with a better scheme and plan than Turd. I think if he is a players coach the kids will gravitate to him and itll be a welcome change. Coming from the islands I think he will have an idea of how to take care of people and be welcoming. He will know how to treat people like extended family.

I think he is light years ahead of Turd. Will he be successful? Dunno know. I hope so. But I dont think he will be 9-40.

I think it's important to understand Hawaii a little bit more before you judge too much. The last time that Hawaii won 10 games was in 2010......when they were in the WAC. By 2012, they had joined the Mountain West along with BSU, Fresno State and Nevada. The Hawaii roster (and coaches) was not ready for that change and from 2012 to 2015, they had wrung up a very Wulffian 11-39 record over that four season stretch (Norm Chow was their Paul Wulff). Rolovich took over in 2016 and Hawaii finished the regular season without a losing record for the first time since joining the MWC. The sophomore slump in 2017 is a bit concerning, but then again, should we have fired Mike Leach for going 3-9 in 2014 (his third year)?

Rolovich finished his four year stretch at Hawaii at 28-27 and had three bowl appearances. As mentioned above, that is 17 more wins than the preceding four years. In Mike Leach's first four years at WSU, his record was 21-29 with two bowl appearances (an improvement of 12 games over Wulff). Based on how you are judging Rolovich, it's a good thing that we didn't have you as our AD. You would have fired Leach right before he got things going.

I'm not overly excited about Rolovich, but the status of Hawaii football in the MWC was very similar to the status of WSU football in the Pac-12 when Leach took over. As long as Rolovich hires a good defensive coordinator, I'm ready to be excited to see how things go. It's incredibly myopic and short sighted for you to say that he's doomed to get fired in a couple years.

You might be right, but either way, what’s the point of this post? To warn the fans that a new hire might fail? Thanks. I’ll pick up some extra provisions at the store to help prepare myself.

Please don’t post here anymore.

Reactions: TTyacke1

Here's that attention you ordered.

And we'll go ahead and mark you down as "not a fan of the hire" then?

Reactions: wazzucougs96

It’ll help your creditability if you’re going claim he’s going to be worse than our worse coach in history that you actually spell the worst coach in history name right.

I too am wurried that Rohlohviche could make us yern for the Palle Wollfe years. I am shakking in my bootes.

Reactions: dgibbons

Wow dude you make El C look like an eternal optimist. Any actual proof for your conjecture?

Found Paul Wulff's account.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
You neglected to denote if any innocence will be is lost.

Dude... you're being a very ugly person, right now... and I don't mean your looks.

I think he shows up with a better scheme and plan than Turd. I think if he is a players coach the kids will gravitate to him and itll be a welcome change. Coming from the islands I think he will have an idea of how to take care of people and be welcoming. He will know how to treat people like extended family.

I think he is light years ahead of Turd. Will he be successful? Dunno know. I hope so. But I dont think he will be 9-40.

Sometimes the code for "players coach" is they like him and and that is why they will try hard for them. Players coaches like Doba for example get tun over. That is what made Leach so unique. He ran a finesse offense but had a demanding way of precision and didn't have "finesse" olineman. He wanted large physical people up front.

I have a feeling the Leach beach will not be around, and I hope I am wrong.

Sometimes the code for "players coach" is they like him and and that is why they will try hard for them. Players coaches like Doba for example get tun over. That is what made Leach so unique. He ran a finesse offense but had a demanding way of precision and didn't have "finesse" olineman. He wanted large physical people up front.

I have a feeling the Leach beach will not be around, and I hope I am wrong.

So you can falsely accuse Rolo?

Piss off, troll

Reactions: TTyacke1 and Coug90
So you can falsely accuse Rolo?
Accuse him of what? The ONLY thing I said ever about Rolo is that I was underwhelmed and it has nothing to do with him. I have seen what common fans think was a OK hire or even a bad hire and it was lights out, and I have seen on the other where a hire was all world and it turns out to be a dud.

The ONLY reason I was underwhelmed because of hype (and my fault for listening to it) about "names" jumping in hoping to be the next WSU football coach. There is nothing I have read or seen that says Rolo isn't a good hire. It is MY fault for listening to the hype and then being underwhelmed, not his.

I just don't see Rolo using the beach as Leach did.

Accuse him of what? The ONLY thing I said ever about Rolo is that I was underwhelmed and it has nothing to do with him. I have seen what common fans think was a OK hire or even a bad hire and it was lights out, and I have seen on the other where a hire was all world and it turns out to be a dud.

The ONLY reason I was underwhelmed because of hype (and my fault for listening to it) about "names" jumping in hoping to be the next WSU football coach. There is nothing I have read or seen that says Rolo isn't a good hire. It is MY fault for listening to the hype and then being underwhelmed, not his.

A. You missed the joke

B. They used it in Hawaii \

Just curious, who is in the mass of unwashed "common" fans you refer to? I assume you are an uncommon, extraordinary fan.

Maybe it's shoveling snow pretty much every day for the last week, but I see these pictures and I can't believe Hawaii has a hard time competing.

Yeah, if it's sheer distance from home / remoteness that makes it very hard to compete, even if you're recruiting to paradise ... well, let's just say that anyone's jokes about Pullman itself are misplaced.

Maybe it's shoveling snow pretty much every day for the last week, but I see these pictures and I can't believe Hawaii has a hard time competing.
We installed a beach as a small piece of our FB training facility. That is the best part of their training facilities. There’s quite a difference.

A few years ago Hawaii didn't send out coaches for the Spring evaluation period to save money. Hawaii's an awesome vacation, but the aren't committed to winning.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Just look at their budget for football coaches, listen to their football fans and you couldn't deny that sports is not their priority. Lowest budget in the MW. $1.1 for assistants and $600,000 for their head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT