ADVERTISEMENT

If you could live anywhere………

Feel free to find one that shows the vaccines are effective.
Did you see the gold standard of medical study orgs found that masks were/are almost entirely ineffective? Big surprise, eh?

"The Cochrane Library's review of masking trials should sound the death knell for mask mandates everywhere."

The kool-aid drinking will go to their grave believing they were and are effective. Go figure.

I’ve usually used CDC numbers, when they’re available, and look for other sources that confirm they’re in the ballpark. Unfortunately they don’t include comorbidities as a reported statistic (and they never have, it’s not just Covid). That’s something that would be next to impossible to do effectively, so not trying to is easily understood.

In the early days, there were indications that the virus was pretty bad, especially in larger cities. Making it worse was the fact that doctors didn’t really know how to treat it. So, it was a problem. By the end of 2020, docs were learning what worked, and we’d figured out that more than half of people who got infected never even knew it. The mortality wasn’t that high.

Maybe the shutdowns helped to spread out the infections and take pressure off hospitals, I don’t know. I don’t believe they did anything else. Masks - for the most part - were pretty ineffective. Most people weren’t wearing them properly, one way or another, and really…masks are meant mostly to keep things out, not in. They probably reduced projection, but they weren’t the magical shields some governors I could name thought they were. The vaccines had a level of effectiveness, but it was never near the level suggested by either of the presidents or any of the governors or talking heads touting them. Honestly, I would bet that the availability of at-home testing was a greater benefit than the vaccines were.

But, opinions vary, just like they do about any other issue. And we’re supposed to be able to discuss those variations and tolerate them. Some people believe the whole thing was stupid, we should have just let it run its course. Others think we should have locked down tight and waited for the virus to die itself. Neither is right or wrong, both are valid - if extreme - opinions. I have mine, you have yours, and I’m not going to fight over it.

What I prefer to focus on is that neither of us were among the million plus who never get to be part of the conversation again.

The lockdowns were immoral and a complete disaster. History will judge those and the people who supported them very harshly (especially since high profile politicians who pushed for lockdowns ignored them in their personal lives).

Reactions: 250vertical
Mindless and gullible? Are you looking in the mirror? And tell us where exactly you got your medical degree? I hear Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene are on the prowl for new husbands. Better get on that. Although to be fair, Boebert is smoking hot.
Right...because we all need medical degrees to understand data. Good take Loyal. OMG....

Justin....tons to say. One, I mean this in the most honest way I can. I truly hope you or your loved ones never get cancer. Something I learned probably 20 years ago. My neighbor who is anesthesiologist has a daughter who had leukemia when she was 4. We were at are local 4th of July parade and I ran into him. We got talking about cancer and I asked him if we would ever find a cure for cancer. He said absolutely not. The hope was in DNA detection of potential cancers at birth and will cause people to be very early on detection. He said Ed cancer morphs, so when you over time it changes and now you deal with something else.

So when people go to an oncologist and they get on a protocol (thru clinical trials and other data over time, the "success rate" is say 90%) and they find out the drug either didn't work or wasn't effective, doesn't mean the drug was garbage. They now go to another plan. Why didn't the drug work like it did 1000 of times before? Cancer probably morphed.

The original covid vaccine had great trials. Granted, looking back the vaccine window to get to herd immunity was short as covid morphed into delta. Once that happened the flood gates in terms of transmission were opened.

Second, if this was 1942, they would have had 100% injected because it was best for the country. If this was 2000 and george bush we would have hit heard immunity in June before Delta came around. Medicine like anything else is not perfect. You make adjustments. For example they would probably not keep kids at home if we ever go through this again.

Third, vaccines are already mandated. Kids can't go to school without them.

Fourth, I can't tell you how many people woudn't get the jab but snorted so much coke they made Marion Berry look like a casual user.

I know people whose livers look like swiss cheese cause they are alcoholics, won't take the jab. I know people who had unprotected sex and risked getting all sorts of social diseases but wouldn't take the jab.

5) People looked at simply the death rate. There were so many other aspects of lives it affected other than death. Getting proper medical care for not only humans but pets.

6) I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. There will be a time when it would appear to be in the best interest of the general public that a vaccine needs to be taken, and a disease comes on our shores and the age group that is affected is 22 to 50. And it diminishes their ability to have their johnson head north. And trust me when I tell you I will laugh my ass off when people in your age group are freaking out cause it would be transmitted like covid but does not affect my age group. "Sorry, the vaccine you want me to take is "garbage". "

Lastly, I look at numbers. In September 2021- I was in Greenville SC. 540 case of covid in the hospital system. 510 weren't vaxed.

110 in intensive care, 103 weren't vaxed.

86 were on ventilators, 83 weren't vaxed.

Those numbers tell me a different story than what you are telling me.
Lies. Mostly lies...and dumb anecdotal stories. It's Ed though. We get used to that.

Reactions: acgcoug
Haha. Okay freak...the guy who seems to have forgotten that the jab was sold as prevention for covid.

There's a sucker born every minute....
No, dipshit, the vaccine was meant to possibly prevent infection but more importantly to reduce the severity of Covid if gotten. It did both. Gawd you are a stupid f-er. Do you really have a degree from WSU?

No, dipshit, the vaccine was meant to possibly prevent infection but more importantly to reduce the severity of Covid if gotten. It did both. Gawd you are a stupid f-er. Do you really have a degree from WSU?
You are arguing with whack-a-doodle cultists. They already drank the Kook-Aid and there ain’t no goin’ back.

I love revisionist history. One never takes a vaccine except to prevent getting a virus. You don't take a flu vaccine to "possibly prevent infection" and "reduce the severity" of the flu. You and everyone else take the flu shot to PREVENT getting the flu that season.

It is really astonishing how people lie to themselves and others for the sake of maintaining a political/religious narrative.

Why do you choose to live in this fantasy world you've created? I honestly don't get it.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Classic. Weren’t you one of those twats touting ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine and vitamin C? You wouldn’t know a study if it fell on your head.
Well...get it right Mr. PhD. It would have been vitamin D, not vitamin C. And by the way, the focus should have been on therapeutics, not a "vaccine" for a coronavirus.

Quick...how many vaccines have been developed in the history of medicine to prevent coronaviruses? Hmmm....

Ponder that one in your brilliant mind for a few minutes.

Remember how this thread was titled if you could live anywhere?

Exhibit A on why I am glad I don't live in the US anymore and got the F outta dodge.

Its Covid-vaccine-Trump-...covid-Antivaxer-racist 24/7

I enjoy a good debate/argument. Nothing wrong with that.

Enjoy living wherever you are. Disagreement is present everywhere on earth. It makes life interesting.

She's not wrong. The leftists like you are obsessed with Trump. I rarely think of him and will not vote for him again unless he admits he was wrong on the jabs and the lockdowns. How is that for not loving Trump? I always put principle over any person...unlike leftists/Dims (of course their only principle that matters is power at any cost).
But you’re ok with him calling the Secretary of State of Georgia and asking him to find him 10,000 votes?
I voted for Trump. No way in hell I’d ever vote for that man again. Period.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I enjoy a good debate/argument. Nothing wrong with that.

Enjoy living wherever you are. Disagreement is present everywhere on earth. It makes life interesting.

It's not just the debate. Its the immersion in it. Its on TV 24/7. Its the constant subject of conversation.

It's who you can and cannot socialize with and be friends with or you will be labeled x.

I am old enough to remember when who one voted for is none of your beeswax. Now its neccesary to wear that badge to know where you stand so that you can be allowed or excluded from certain social circles.

I am also old enough to remember when religion and politics were a taboo discussion as it does not make for good conversation and rarely accomplishes anything...which is constantly evidenced on this bored(spelling intentional)

And once debate degenerates into name calling, it ceases to be a debate.

Exhibit A on why I am glad I don't live in the US anymore and got the F outta dodge.

The irony is that the #1 threadjacking mouth breather who killed this thread upvoted your comment.

Exhibit A

It's not just the debate. Its the immersion in it. Its on TV 24/7. Its the constant subject of conversation.

It's who you can and cannot socialize with and be friends with or you will be labeled x.

I am old enough to remember when who one voted for is none of your beeswax. Now its neccesary to wear that badge to know where you stand so that you can be allowed or excluded from certain social circles.

I am also old enough to remember when religion and politics were a taboo discussion as it does not make for good conversation and rarely accomplishes anything...which is constantly evidenced on this bored(spelling intentional)

And once debate degenerates into name calling, it ceases to be a debate.

I hear ya. Good points.

Religion and politics are the two most interesting subjects to discuss in my opinion.

When my viewpoint is belittled and I am disrespected by the neoMarxists religious nuts I have to fight back.

For the record, I apologize to Ed, Flat, Willie, etc. for being disrespectful. I shouldn't go to that level.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
And the irony on top of that irony is that you participated in said thread-jacking
And the irony on top of the irony on top of the irony is you making your own contributions to the thread-jacking long before I made a peep and you began to complain.

“Not mad at that. Tulsi is bad ass”

“Kristi Noem is built Ford Tough”

It’s all good to you until someone posts something David Miscavige doesn’t like.

And the irony on top of the irony on top of the irony is you making your own contributions to the thread-jacking long before I made a peep and you began to complain.

“Not mad at that. Tulsi is bad ass”

“Kristi Noem is built Ford Tough”

It’s all good to you until someone posts something David Miscavige doesn’t like.

Was talking about their appearance since that was the topic at the time. And I have no idea who David is...nor do I care to.

Maybe I’m just grasping for the silver lining, but this thread took 6-7 pages before it reached “unwatch.” That’s quite a bit better than a lot of others.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Was talking about their appearance since that was the topic at the time. And I have no idea who David is...nor do I care to.
What rightwing lunachicks who give middle-aged men boners has to do with places to live I’ll never grasp. You were just as guilty of responding to off topic comments as was I.

What rightwing lunachicks who give middle-aged men boners has to do with places to live I’ll never grasp. You were just as guilty of responding to off topic comments as was I.

well...as the saying goes...Pimpin' is very difficult...especially when you get triggered at the mere mention of those "right wing lunachicks"

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I'm about 20 minutes from there. Pismo beach is near, and it is the only beach in California that you can still drive your car on, as well as ATV's, plus you can drive out in the sand dunes. You don't even need a 4x4 if just driving the beach/water line. A lot of RV's and trailers out there, it's like tailgating on the beach. We go there often, and my kids like to camp at the Pismo campgrounds. Downtown Pismo is a fun little beach town. The only problem with Pismo is the heavy fog at times. 15 minutes north of Pismo is another nice beach/town, Avila Beach. A much smaller beach, but it doesn't get fogged in as much. Guadalupe dunes/beach is also very close to the south, but it's more of a nature preserve area, no homes or towns/shops.

Some Monarch Dunes' residents/developers have a reputation of being snobby with the intention of shutting down vehicle access to the beach and the dunes for environmental and health reasons. Many complain about all the dust in their neighborhoods, air quality, while claiming that the vehicle use in the dunes is to blame. The thing is, the OHV park was there first and it's always been windy out there, yet the developers keep on building new homes. Regardless of all that, I don't live there or know anyone in Trilogy, but it's definitely nice, and a sought after area to live.

The town of Nipomo doesn't have too much going on as far as entertainment, or shopping, but it's nice and safe. It has a bit of a country vibe to it as far as the people go. A lot of agriculture around here.

The weather in is this region is perfect to my liking, mild summers (70-85), cool/mild winters (60-70's), and a lot of blue skies. It's easy living here.

Checked out Monarch Dunes today. Really nice track, Trilogy is nice also, reminds me of Redmond Ridge. Had never been to the Central California coast An absolute gem and amazingly beautiful. A little too sleepy and hard to get to for my liking. Pismo Beach was a neat little beach town also. High Bank waterfront would be tough. Thanks for the insight.

I don't remember seeing any main stream news agency telling people to get exercise, eat better, and make sure you have good vitamin levels (esp. vit d in northern states). I doubt it's because big pharma pays for a majority of the ads, no that couldn't be it.
Funny how people lost their jobs because they didn’t want to take a therapeutic that lessened symptoms

It's affordable and considered safer than Tylenol. No $$$ in touting that.

Well, if you have a winner, might as well stick with it. Kinda like "Always be a good sport, be a good sport all ways".

Traitor? Really? And the evidence is.....? Oh, that's right-NONE! Come on, Ed, you should be better than that.
Stretch you don’t even get the irony in your post. You have already said it is ok for our representatives to speculate and have no class . It is acceptable to you . And until such bull crap that comes out of people in congress and upper levels of government , this is the new norm .

Twenty years ago you think this would be our discourse in government .

Yes Traitor Greene has every right by law to speculate on pelosis husband . Just as everyone has a right to speculate on when an athlete commits suicide and could speculate as why while not waiting for information to come out .

Let’s say there was a woman basketball player who took her own life . “Oh her gay lover dumped her and she was distraught”. Meanwhile after information comes out we find out her boyfriend found her and there was no one else . But you are right , it is ok to speculate .

So really I don’t need to be better . Better doesn’t change. This is how discourse has been normalized . Tell Trump and others to “be better” than others will follow. Until then , this is what is accepted and acceptable .

Last edited:
Morality is a dirty word, because someone figured out you could saddle it to religion and make it a political issue.

2 Live Crew existed and could sell their music with an explicit label and only to adults. There wasn't a radio edit of "we want some pu$$y" because everyone knew what the song was, and it was too salacious to put where 8 year olds could hear it on the radio. Now we have "wet ass pu$$y" on the radio, everyone knows what it is, and 8 year olds are making tiktoks of it.

Drug use is accepted to the point of being encouraged in CA and OR, with centers handing out kits full of paraphernalia and all the narcan you can handle, all the while turning a blind eye to the crime that almost always accompanies said drug use.

It wasn't enough to have 1st trimester abortion, the left had to push and push until the inevitable happened, and now ultra conservative states have gone full-retard.

Btw, classic that even in that video the libs are painted as victims of their own making.

Morality is a dirty word, because someone figured out you could saddle it to religion and make it a political issue.

2 Live Crew existed and could sell their music with an explicit label and only to adults. There wasn't a radio edit of "we want some pu$$y" because everyone knew what the song was, and it was too salacious to put where 8 year olds could hear it on the radio. Now we have "wet ass pu$$y" on the radio, everyone knows what it is, and 8 year olds are making tiktoks of it.

Drug use is accepted to the point of being encouraged in CA and OR, with centers handing out kits full of paraphernalia and all the narcan you can handle, all the while turning a blind eye to the crime that almost always accompanies said drug use.

It wasn't enough to have 1st trimester abortion, the left had to push and push until the inevitable happened, and now ultra conservative states have gone full-retard.

Btw, classic that even in that video the libs are painted as victims of their own making.

Speaking of pu$$y...Rihanna grabbed hers and took a whiff of her fingers...just what little Jimmy and Rachel need to see while watching the game with their parents.

But apparently it's "progressive"

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Stretch you don’t even get the irony in your post. You have already said it is ok for our representatives to speculate and have no class . It is acceptable to you . And until such bull crap that comes out of people in congress and upper levels of government , this is the new norm .

Twenty years ago you think this would be our discourse in government .

Yes Traitor Greene has every right by law to speculate on pelosis husband . Just as everyone has a right to speculate on when an athlete commits suicide and could speculate as why while not waiting for information to come out .

Let’s say there was a woman basketball player who took her own life . “Oh her gay lover dumped her and she was distraught”. Meanwhile after information comes out we find out her boyfriend found her and there was no one else . But you are right , it is ok to speculate .

So really I don’t need to be better . Better doesn’t change. This is how discourse has been normalized . Tell Trump and others to “be better” than others will follow. Until then , this is what is accepted and acceptable .
Okay Ed, I guess you should have been an attorney since you have such a knack for twisting things around and claiming I said things that I didn't. First the gay thing and now you claim I said it is okay for people in Congress to not have any class. WTF?

I'm not going to tell Trump anything. First because I won't ever meet him and second because he doesn't give a shit what I think or want him to do. I am not a Trump lover, but I liked how he wanted to shake things up back in 2015/16. However, even then I didn't care for how he went about attacking some people.

I don't really care for a lot of "whataboutism", but sometimes it is necessary. Bush was called some nasty things, Obama insulted large portions of the population, Hillary had her basket of deplorables, Harry Reid lied about Romney on the Senate floor, Pelosi ripped up Trump's SOTU speech and then lied about it saying there wasn't a single truthful thing in it, Schiff/Swalwell kept lying about the Russian collusion and impeachment evidence, and so on. And our current president has called conservatives names also, so maybe he needs to set a better example from the top. Both sides have done plenty of crap and NO, I don't like it. Know what I would like to see- I would like it if both chambers had to take an oath to tell the truth every day, and if it is shown that they lied they would be subject to discipline.

I have no idea what you are trying to say about suicides and gay lovers. But if you are concerned about people speculating and spreading misinformation, you must be positively apoplectic about ABC/NBC/CBS/NPR/CNN/MSNBC/etc speculating and talking about false things like Russian collusion, hands up/don't shoot, Russian army bounties, Kavanaugh accusers, Duke lacross players, immigration cages, 51 intel liars, GA voter suppression, and so on.

Finally, you didn't address the key pointy of my post-why do you refer to MTG as a traitor? For me, the worst three things that you can call someone are racist, child molester, and traitor. That's a pretty damn serious charge, and I have heard nothing that suggests that she is a traitor. So what evidence is there? It's one thing to refer to politicians with cute little names like GW Shrub or Nancy Pelousey, but calling a representative a traitor.....well that's pretty low.

Finally, you didn't address the key pointy of my post-why do you refer to MTG as a traitor? For me, the worst three things that you can call someone are racist, child molester, and traitor. That's a pretty damn serious charge, and I have heard nothing that suggests that she is a traitor. So what evidence is there? It's one thing to refer to politicians with cute little names like GW Shrub or Nancy Pelousey, but calling a representative a traitor.....well that's pretty low.

Not that I've been part of this but I don't think that MTG is a traitor. I think she's a gaslighting, deceitful, hateful, racist, unstable, deplorable piece of trash who sows hate and division for personal gain with no real desire to make our country a better place for all Americans....but I don't think she's a traitor.

The thing that I find amusing about people who love Trump and hate the libs is their ability to do mental gymnastics to ignore the flaws of their own team as they criticize the libs for committing less offenses. Whatabout is lazy to start with and it gets downright comical when whatabout is only important when it supports one's cause.

Hillary should be in prison and Hunter Biden should be enough to get Joe impeached, but Trump Jr takes $2 billion from the Saudis and Trump hosts their golf tournaments with future favors undoubtedly in mind and that doesn't matter because "what about" Hillary's cellphone and Biden's laptop? I don't think that liberals are blameless but god damn, it is hard to take the far right seriously when they've get their heads so far up their collective asses that they can see out their mouths.

Not that I've been part of this but I don't think that MTG is a traitor. I think she's a gaslighting, deceitful, hateful, racist, unstable, deplorable piece of trash who sows hate and division for personal gain with no real desire to make our country a better place for all Americans....but I don't think she's a traitor.

The thing that I find amusing about people who love Trump and hate the libs is their ability to do mental gymnastics to ignore the flaws of their own team as they criticize the libs for committing less offenses. Whatabout is lazy to start with and it gets downright comical when whatabout is only important when it supports one's cause.

Hillary should be in prison and Hunter Biden should be enough to get Joe impeached, but Trump Jr takes $2 billion from the Saudis and Trump hosts their golf tournaments with future favors undoubtedly in mind and that doesn't matter because "what about" Hillary's cellphone and Biden's laptop? I don't think that liberals are blameless but god damn, it is hard to take the far right seriously when they've get their heads so far up their collective asses that they can see out their mouths.
So in other words, MTG is essentially like The Squad members? lol

I try not to do a whole lot of whataboutism, and when I do it is just to point out that both sides do it, not to justify it being done by my guy or gal. I still would rather see much better behavior out of everyone.

Reactions: HCoug
Okay Ed, I guess you should have been an attorney since you have such a knack for twisting things around and claiming I said things that I didn't. First the gay thing and now you claim I said it is okay for people in Congress to not have any class. WTF?

I'm not going to tell Trump anything. First because I won't ever meet him and second because he doesn't give a shit what I think or want him to do. I am not a Trump lover, but I liked how he wanted to shake things up back in 2015/16. However, even then I didn't care for how he went about attacking some people.

I don't really care for a lot of "whataboutism", but sometimes it is necessary. Bush was called some nasty things, Obama insulted large portions of the population, Hillary had her basket of deplorables, Harry Reid lied about Romney on the Senate floor, Pelosi ripped up Trump's SOTU speech and then lied about it saying there wasn't a single truthful thing in it, Schiff/Swalwell kept lying about the Russian collusion and impeachment evidence, and so on. And our current president has called conservatives names also, so maybe he needs to set a better example from the top. Both sides have done plenty of crap and NO, I don't like it. Know what I would like to see- I would like it if both chambers had to take an oath to tell the truth every day, and if it is shown that they lied they would be subject to discipline.

I have no idea what you are trying to say about suicides and gay lovers. But if you are concerned about people speculating and spreading misinformation, you must be positively apoplectic about ABC/NBC/CBS/NPR/CNN/MSNBC/etc speculating and talking about false things like Russian collusion, hands up/don't shoot, Russian army bounties, Kavanaugh accusers, Duke lacross players, immigration cages, 51 intel liars, GA voter suppression, and so on.

Again Stretch...you don't even see the irony in your post.

It is sort of like coaching and what Mike Leach use to say, you are either coaching it or allowing it to happen, or at least I think that is attributed to him.

I asked you about congress people saying it was Paul P's gay lover. Your response wasn't, that is horrible, that is wrong, that should never be said, that person should be corrected, your response is "can't they have an opinion.?" We aren't talking about political speech, or cute 3rd grade little nicknames like "Lyin Ted, Crooked Hilary". See, I can have third grade names as well...for the 2024 election cycle...."Dead on Arrival Donny, Triple D....Draft Dodger Donny, Agent Orange, Donnie BK7, Corporal Bone Spurs. But I digress.

You accept it. You may not even like it, But you accept it, as you do other behavior.

Do I even need to get into "Russian Collusion". Seriously? If Hilary Clintons daughter (Chelsea) made contact with Russian contacts with dirt on Trump, then wanted to weaponize it, lied about it for six months saying it never happened, then there are emails and texts showing she actually held a meeting, I would have wanted Hilary impeached immediately. Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave. Russian collusion? Accepting Russian help in our elections is off limits in my mind. Especially in light of the fact they have 800 warheads pointed at us. I know, it is ok to get ...what's the buzz word....opposition research from foreign countries. It would have been interesting if anyone got "opposition research" from Iran or Iraq. For me, it isn't about person or political party, I just believe contacting Russian operatives is way out of bounds. You can call it what you want. As I said for me I wouldn't wait for a report, once Don Juniors name was on an email, I don't need anything else.

Now, if Trump said early on, hey my son made a mistake. He operated outside of where he should have, the mistake has been corrected. It would have been ok in my mind.(rookie mistake) If Hillary made that same declaration I wouldn't have been as forgiving.

Second, was Trump impeached because of "collusion". His campaign did have contact with them. In part they were correct. It should have been investigated. Did they prove collusion? Nope. That is hard to prove there was a big plan versus operating off the cuff. Of course they did impeach him for holding up aid to Ukraine.

Kavanaugh- they had a witness come forward that was extremely credible. Do I believe it happened. Yeah, I kind of do. Do I believe he is an evil person? Nope. I could easily see where alcohol at 17 got in the way. I could see where he was drunk and doesn't remember. And living in that area in high school I know the country club, the place where it allegedly happened so the timing and distance made sense to me from the country club to the party. Not sure what someone in her position has t gain by lying. She wasn't a jilted lover, she wasn't in a bad divorce proceeding. Now the question more for me is does something that happens at 17, in maybe a drunken fog eliminate someone from being on a supreme court. Should actions in middle school be judged, like if someone stole a used bike. I am not sure in my own mind how far they should go back and what should be forgiven and what should not.

Sorry you are "offended" by the cute nickname I gave Marjorie. But she is a big girl, she has offended others in a much more explosive way.

Last edited:

I try not to do a whole lot of whataboutism, and when I do it is just to point out that both sides do it, not to justify it being done by my guy or gal. I still would rather see much better behavior out of everyone.
Geezus Christ. I think it's time to end this thread. Y'all are getting pretty fired up

Reactions: 79COUG

FWIW, I'm not a fan of "The Squad". Way too far to the left for my liking. I told a friend of mine this weekend that even if I agree with some of the talking points of the left, it's maddening that they take everything too far and they generally ruin everything in the long run. So, when you see me say negative things about MTG or the right, it in no way means that I'm on the side of the Democrats and The Squad in particular.

What's bizarre for me is that when I was growing up, I was a moderate conservative and my values were just right of center but as the whole system shifts to the extremes and compromise is a dirty word, I'm a sorry ass RINO who might as well join the liberals because in the overall picture, I'm too far left of the GOP base to be able to considered conservative anymore. Blows my mind.

In the 90's a moderate Republican could believe in regulated immigration, reasonable gun laws, social reform with reasonable limits and you didn't have to be 100% anti-abortion in every instance. You were allowed to think that as long as another country was a strategic ally, we could, and should, help them. While it sucked that we had a trade deficit, we could work with it as long as it benefitted Americans overall. You didn't have to like "the gays" but as long as they weren't waving their d!cks in your face or on TV, pretty much nobody really paid attention. There were still flaws but it was a lot more tolerant party back then...at least in the way that I perceived it.

Because of the perception that liberals want all of the above with no limits, the GOP has morphed into a nationalistic, self interested party that wants no immigration (unless it's European Caucasians and preferably female and hot), no gun laws at all, elimination of all social programs and zero tolerance on abortions and other social issues. Anyone who needs help needs to find God and go to church for assistance. The last 10-20 years have been a race to opposite ends of the spectrum and I don't see how that's really good for anyone in the long term. But again, if you aren't with us....you are against us is the new normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT