ADVERTISEMENT

If you could live anywhere………

You have one more in you.

Idaho has a Supreme Court. The dispute was in Idaho. Washington has a Supreme Court too. For Washington legal matters. I already said Stockton lost. You should read more.

Now back to your original post. You've never met the man but he's a prick. Interesting.
Allright, one more. Apparently a lot of NBA'ers think he's a prick (or nut job), apparently half of Coolin thinks he's a prick. All of them have met him. You don't have to meet someone to assess that they are a prick, or a bitch. Or a nice wonderful person - the general opinion of me!

You stated he lost at the Supreme Court. There's only one of those.

Ok, now I'm done. Peace.

Not planning to wait until September, but might try it earlier. I'm in Rathdrum, so was thinking about Kelso, Spirit, or Twin Lakes to start. It's a ways to go, but the thorofare sounds like a good idea. Maybe try that after earning my captain's license on some closer places, learn to use the fish finder, etc. I saw it before on the map aps and it does look like a cool place to go. Hope there is a close place to launch.
The thorofare is actually a great spot for learning the ropes of paddling, whether it be canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards. The path from parking lot to put in is wide and nice, and if I remember right between 100 and 200 yds long. The thorofare itself is about a 2-mile long meandering river between the 2 lakes, and it has an almost imperceptible current. That area is extremely protected, so you never have to fight the wind and it's always calm. It's also an extremely scenic stretch, usually has a ton of wildlife, and when you hit the upper lake can paddle your way to some gorgeous beaches and incredible views. Any time of year that it's not iced over is great, but I suggested September because the water is still warm then and you'll have a lot of solitude (it's a pretty popular waterway in July and August).

If you want company as you get a feel for your new toy and I'm around, keep me posted and I'll grab a paddleboard and see if I can keep pace.

The thorofare is actually a great spot for learning the ropes of paddling, whether it be canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards. The path from parking lot to put in is wide and nice, and if I remember right between 100 and 200 yds long. The thorofare itself is about a 2-mile long meandering river between the 2 lakes, and it has an almost imperceptible current. That area is extremely protected, so you never have to fight the wind and it's always calm. It's also an extremely scenic stretch, usually has a ton of wildlife, and when you hit the upper lake can paddle your way to some gorgeous beaches and incredible views. Any time of year that it's not iced over is great, but I suggested September because the water is still warm then and you'll have a lot of solitude (it's a pretty popular waterway in July and August).

If you want company as you get a feel for your new toy and I'm around, keep me posted and I'll grab a paddleboard and see if I can keep pace.
Just watch out for Moose. From personal experience boating through there. Oh and the crazy ducks going after you.

Hmmmm, sounds like I better get one of those wheeled kayak carts before hitting this location. The fishing kayak has a battery, trolling motor, fish finder, cooler, etc. It does sound like a great place to explore though. I'll keep it on my to do list. Thanks for info, see ya out there!

Oh fer Gawd's sake. what koolaid do you drink? Stockton and his rich buddy didn't want development around their land. Nothing to do with preservation of nature, despite their lies to the court. Gawd forbid anyone else could have their dream lake home. So who's against property rights? I thought it was me. Guess again.

And he supported a Jan 6 rioter, and is an anti-vaxxer. What a fine example of a human being.

skwaA8go9qyK.png

STFU about that garbage "vaccine"

skwaA8go9qyK.png

STFU about that garbage "vaccine"
Geezus Christ. What freak site did you find this on? "Taxpayerfunded crackpipes.com" according to the bottom of your picture.

I'm no liberal, but you goddam Trump loving right wing freaks are really starting to chap my hide. Even Trump touted the vaccine(s) and took credit. I'm damn glad I got my 3 jabs and need to go get my 4th.

How the F did any of you get through college at my alma mater? You embarrass this Coug. Go move to Alabama and Mississippi and be with your kind.

Geezus Christ. What freak site did you find this on? "Taxpayerfunded crackpipes.com" according to the bottom of your picture.

I'm no liberal, but you goddam Trump loving right wing freaks are really starting to chap my hide. Even Trump touted the vaccine(s) and took credit. I'm damn glad I got my 3 jabs and need to go get my 4th.

How the F did any of you get through college at my alma mater? You embarrass this Coug. Go move to Alabama and Mississippi and be with your kind.

I got zero jabs and had covid (so what?) and am healthier than your fat butt. 😀

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
I got zero jabs and had covid (so what?) and am healthier than your fat butt. 😀
Yeah I finally got COVID last summer, totally mild case that was over in a couple of days. Thanks to the jabs, IMHO. And according to many, many women, and a couple of gay guys, my butt is not fat at all. And buddy, I don't know you, but I am quite healthy. Again, according to the women. Eat your antivax Trump loving heart out.

Allright, one more. Apparently a lot of NBA'ers think he's a prick (or nut job), apparently half of Coolin thinks he's a prick. All of them have met him. You don't have to meet someone to assess that they are a prick, or a bitch. Or a nice wonderful person - the general opinion of me!

You stated he lost at the Supreme Court. There's only one of those.

Ok, now I'm done. Peace.
My former business partner coached against Stockton in high school, and has known him for 40 years. He’s not a nice guy.

My former business partner coached against Stockton in high school, and has known him for 40 years. He’s not a nice guy.
I got my brains beat in by Stockton for almost 50 years playing and coaching. I'd hate him too.

Beat him just once in a summer tournament where he was coaching and I was still playing in high school. Dropped 26 points. Which was a 26 point improvement over when he was guarding me in the Coliseum.

Last game coached I finally thought I had him - loaded team of upper classmen.

Anton Watson was on his squad.

So much for that.

I got my brains beat in by Stockton for almost 50 years playing and coaching. I'd hate him too.

Beat him just once in a summer tournament where he was coaching and I was still playing in high school. Dropped 26 points. Which was a 26 point improvement over when he was guarding me in the Coliseum.

So much for that.
No comment on Stockton but Anton, another Prep and gu kid, is a great kid.

Grew up in MV born and raised, went MVHS. Didn’t grow up on a dairy farm, but spent 1000s of hours working on them. Picked strawberries as a little kid one summer and from that point on spent every summer working in the fields through college, dairy farms, bulb farms, pea vine fields, and so on, it’s what you did in the Skagit Valley back then

So much for that.
He doesn't hate John at all. And, his team beat John's G-Prep squad 3 times during one season (I believe it was John's senior year).

Loyal has no sense of humor.

Do you think the vaccines are effective? I've had Covid three times, one J&J jab, and one Pfizer jab. No more jabs for me unless it is required for travel or a damn good reason. Over about six months after the J&J jab I woke up in the middle of the night with a racing heartbeat. Never happened before, and hasn't happened since.

Do you think the vaccines are effective? I've had Covid three times, one J&J jab, and one Pfizer jab. No more jabs for me unless it is required for travel or a damn good reason. Over about six months after the J&J jab I woke up in the middle of the night with a racing heartbeat. Never happened before, and hasn't happened since.
Yes, apparently LC does understand that a vast majority of comedy is rooted in the truth. I would agree he has no sense of humor, but apparently he has a RAGING case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Born and raised in Mount Vernon, went to MVHS.
Didn’t grow up on a farm, but spent 1000s of hours working on them. Dairy Farms, bulb farms. Driving tractor working the fields. The boring pea vintner one summer, it’s what you did growing up in the “valley” as you know
The Valley was a great place to grow up in back then! I was about 6 or 7 when I had to go out in strawberry fields to help mom pick berries. Maybe about 10 or so before being able to go on berry bus to better fields, and then when I got tall enough I picked raspberries after the strawberry season. Later I picked cucumbers for a year or two in late summer.

At age 15 I worked at the Edison stationary viner set, then drove mobile viner summer after sophomore year and swather over summer after junior year. Even went to quincy to drive mobile viner before the valley season got started. All jobs were 12 hours/day, 7 days/week, with no overtime pay benefit, but we sure were happy to have the job!

I was a 1970 grad of BEHS, probably before your time? Was in FFA and got to know some kids from MV and SW through those activities. Got to be friends with Leo and John Roozen in college, along with Ken Christianson, Jon Scott, and John Eldridge, all MV guys. Now am friends with Eric Hamberg through my car club, MV 1969. You know any of those guys?

Scary stuff.

Glad you got thru it, D-Gib

The Valley was a great place to grow up in back then! I was about 6 or 7 when I had to go out in strawberry fields to help mom pick berries. Maybe about 10 or so before being able to go on berry bus to better fields, and then when I got tall enough I picked raspberries after the strawberry season. Later I picked cucumbers for a year or two in late summer.

At age 15 I worked at the Edison stationary viner set, then drove mobile viner summer after sophomore year and swather over summer after junior year. Even went to quincy to drive mobile viner before the valley season got started. All jobs were 12 hours/day, 7 days/week, with no overtime pay benefit, but we sure were happy to have the job!

I was a 1970 grad of BEHS, probably before your time? Was in FFA and got to know some kids from MV and SW through those activities. Got to be friends with Leo and John Roozen in college, along with Ken Christianson, Jon Scott, and John Eldridge, all MV guys. Now am friends with Eric Hamberg through my car club, MV 1969. You know any of those guys?
MVHS class of '91. Adrian Roozen was a year behind me. He & his brother Justin are fraternity brothers from WSU. Picked bulbs for the Roozen empire summer after 6th grade for .03 per foot. Those guys were all a**holes, to be honest. Started firing kids two weeks before the end of season so they didn't have to pay year-end bonuses. Ken's son Jeff is also a fraternity brother.

Loyal has no sense of humor

Yes, apparently LC does understand that a vast majority of comedy is rooted in the truth. I would agree he has no sense of humor

Loyal just calls 'em like he sees 'em.

No idea of his age, but maybe Loyal is the type of fella who has reached that point late in life where he's stopped giving a crap about whether or not people agree or disagree with his opinions.

He shoots from the hip and that's that

I'm actually happy where I am, but can relate to wanting to get out of the Puget Sound gloom. Key points if I were considering:

- I'd be concerned about states that are growing but are notorious for not keeping up with infrastructure; Texas is not the worst in that regard, but it is probably high on the list. Florida & Arizona might be worse. The research triangle and greater Atlanta areas seem better.
- I'd want at least decent public schools without a lot of hidden segregation. That is more of a city-by-city issue than it is a state-by-state issue, but some states are definitely worse than others. You might ask why that is a concern for folks near retirement, without kids....it is because of the resulting culture. I've lived in both. Give me people who have had an education, please.
- How important is having at least 3 seasons?
- What is your tolerance to humidity? You can get used to it, but you never like it. How many months per year of big humidity is OK? Bear in mind that chiggers, ticks and a number of other things accompany humidity.
- How social are you? Because when you uproot, you will have to rebuild your social network. So will your wife. If both of you are not good at this, it will create stresses.
- Location of children/grandchildren. They will not be able to travel to you very often, so give that some thought.
- Finally, most people (especially males) who have worked for a full career often have part of their self identity wrapped up in their job. Retirement is a significant adjustment. Most folks seem to do better if they deal with that adjustment for a year or two before they uproot and move. That is not a hard and fast rule, but there are a lot of stresses built into trying to incorporate the move to retirement along with the geographic move all at once. Better to travel, rent, sample areas, etc., for a while before making any major move decisions...
Az builds infrastructure like crazy. Any business that wants to locate here can and they are received with open arms. They build roads and freeways constantly. After living in SW Washington most of my life, then moving to Az and seeing what they accomplish and build here ? Well, it’s impressive. Az puts the State of Washington to shame in the infrastructure business.

MVHS class of '91. Adrian Roozen was a year behind me. He & his brother Justin are fraternity brothers from WSU. Picked bulbs for the Roozen empire summer after 6th grade for .03 per foot. Those guys were all a**holes, to be honest. Started firing kids two weeks before the end of season so they didn't have to pay year-end bonuses. Ken's son Jeff is also a fraternity brother.
So you are just a young pup then. :) Or should I say young kitten?

No idea about the Roozen's business practices, but I know they were good guys in college. They were Sig Eps, is the younger generation Sig Eps also or did they choose another house?

I am curious-at $.03/foot, how much would a 6th grader make in a day? Did they utilize migrant workers that outworked us white kids, just like happened in the strawberry fields?

Scary stuff.

Glad you got thru it, D-Gib
Maybe it was because he was worried about The Macho Man Savage coming to his door.

My daughter who is 21 and fit as can be and her heart was racing the other night and she didn't have a jab. There are tons of reasons for it.

Yes, apparently LC does understand that a vast majority of comedy is rooted in the truth. I would agree he has no sense of humor, but apparently he has a RAGING case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Cmon Stretch...the term TDS is taken right out of Georgia and the woman wearing a polar bear around her shoulder the other night.

Taking the jab in which Trump cut the red tape is not a display of TDS....he got them to fast track it, get people in the clinical trials and had that first in line to review. Hardly a criticism of the work he did and TDS isnt reflected in those who take the jab.

You had the heart racing six months after the jab? Isn't all the remnants of the vaccine out of your body in 30 days?

Gibby:

Stretch:

This is getting fun and lighthearted now. And I have a great sense of humor. For example:

Maybe Gibby's racing heartbeat relates to chasing ambulances. Wah hah hah!!

And any American who is a Trump lover should be taken out and shot. I've got plenty of ammo and 5 guns to help out. Wah hah hah!

Q: You know what the difference is between a porcupine and Husky stadium?
A: With a porcupine, the 70,000 pricks are on the outside.

And I have no sense of humor.........

Erratic heartbeat or racing heartbeat is a tough thing to diagnose when it's intermittent. My mother-in-law used to live in Salina, Kansas, which is about 80 miles north of where I live. I used to have brief episodes of a racing heartbeat in one specific area along the way. Turned out that if I went through there at the wrong time of year...my allergies would cause my heart to race until I got away from whatever plant was riling them up. Never figured out what it was.

Erratic heartbeat or racing heartbeat is a tough thing to diagnose when it's intermittent. My mother-in-law used to live in Salina, Kansas, which is about 80 miles north of where I live. I used to have brief episodes of a racing heartbeat in one specific area along the way. Turned out that if I went through there at the wrong time of year...my allergies would cause my heart to race until I got away from whatever plant was riling them up. Never figured out what it was.
Well my racing heartbeat typically happens when I'm in the throes of passion. And being a heart patient, my willing victim typically says "don't die on me. Literally". I just respond, "drag me out to the street and deny everything".

And I have no sense of humor. Although I'm not making this one up.

MVHS class of 72 know all of them, MV was a small town back then, Jon Scott was in my class, I think 8 or 9 years old was my first year in the berry fields, oh yes berry bus. It was a great place to grow up back then

Last edited:
So you are just a young pup then. :) Or should I say young kitten?

No idea about the Roozen's business practices, but I know they were good guys in college. They were Sig Eps, is the younger generation Sig Eps also or did they choose another house?

I am curious-at $.03/foot, how much would a 6th grader make in a day? Did they utilize migrant workers that outworked us white kids, just like happened in the strawberry fields?
200 foot rows, so $6 per row. Average day was two rows…if you really hustled you could finish three. I don’t remember any migrant workers, but I’m sure they did.

Maybe it was because he was worried about The Macho Man Savage coming to his door.

My daughter who is 21 and fit as can be and her heart was racing the other night and she didn't have a jab. There are tons of reasons for it.

Lol. I'm sure you made that up about your daughter. Good one Ed.

But the jabs were supposed to prevent covid! Didn't your body understand this! What a fraud they were...and people like Ed and Loyal still think they were great and delivered as advertised.

What did WC Fields say...?

Gibby:

Stretch:

This is getting fun and lighthearted now. And I have a great sense of humor. For example:

Maybe Gibby's racing heartbeat relates to chasing ambulances. Wah hah hah!!

And any American who is a Trump lover should be taken out and shot. I've got plenty of ammo and 5 guns to help out. Wah hah hah!

Q: You know what the difference is between a porcupine and Husky stadium?
A: With a porcupine, the 70,000 pricks are on the outside.

And I have no sense of humor.........
That's not even close to funny, Loyal. Two New Jersey Republicans were killed -some say assassinated - this week.

It's a sad state of affairs when death is wished on people who hold opposing political beliefs or sexual preference or race regardless of whether that is left or right, conservative or progressive, LGBTQ or straight.

Yeah I finally got COVID last summer, totally mild case that was over in a couple of days. Thanks to the jabs, IMHO. And according to many, many women, and a couple of gay guys, my butt is not fat at all. And buddy, I don't know you, but I am quite healthy. Again, according to the women. Eat your antivax Trump loving heart out.

Complete speculation that the jabs made you have mild covid. 100 percent speculation. I got covid too. Missed one day of work...had no jabs...so maybe my "mild" case was because I didn't get the jab.

I don't care how many jabs you get. That is your business. But let's recall that it was sold as a preventative for getting covid. All vaccines are sold as a preventative measure. So they failed miserably. You got scammed. 😀

But keep living the fantasy that they worked. I'm sure believe in the tooth fairy too. Lol.

PS. Excess deaths are way up in many countries that had widespread uptake on the jab. So are sudden deaths of relatively young people. The jab is not all good. It may even be mostly bad...but the kool-aid drinkers will never believe this. They are like lemmings running off the cliff. So mindless. So gullible. So religious.

Some of this is frankly a bit silly. The science is pretty simple. The bigger dosage/exposure you get, the more likely you are to contract any disease, whether covid, flu, a cold or anything else. The role of any vaccine is twofold: to boost your immune system's identification and fighting ability, thereby increasing the dosage you need to get the disease; and to minimize the impact that the disease has on you (again due to the immunity boost). There are vaccines that can effectively stop transmission in most cases...polio comes to mind; measles is also very effective. Most vaccines are not that stout. There is no doubt that en masse, sufficient vaccines can pretty much stomp out big disease outbreaks, and thereby limit mutations that increase contagiousness, even if they are not fully effective at preventing transmission. Obviously, the more effective at preventing transmission they are, the more effective they are at limiting spread and mutations. The less effective they are, the less effective at limiting spread and mutations. We do the best we can as a society to create vaccines that will help with all of this. We have a long list of vaccines out there because we have a long list of really debilitating diseases. Unfortunately, when simple science gets wrapped up in polarized politics, no one benefits. But that does not change the science.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
This whole thing trying to convince someone on the other side of the fence is futile.

What happened to my body, my choice?

With that self-determination approach, if the vaccine is effective or has a placebo effect, good for the takers.

If it doesn't work or has potential long term side effects, the non-takers come out ahead.

In the law of big numbers, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't - either choice has risks and rewards. As I've said from day 1, I sure as hell would rather assess my own risk variables on an advised basis vs. being mandated by some desk jockey.

Complete speculation that the jabs made you have mild covid. 100 percent speculation. I got covid too. Missed one day of work...had no jabs...so maybe my "mild" case was because I didn't get the jab.

I don't care how many jabs you get. That is your business. But let's recall that it was sold as a preventative for getting covid. All vaccines are sold as a preventative measure. So they failed miserably. You got scammed. 😀

But keep living the fantasy that they worked. I'm sure believe in the tooth fairy too. Lol.

PS. Excess deaths are way up in many countries that had widespread uptake on the jab. So are sudden deaths of relatively young people. The jab is not all good. It may even be mostly bad...but the kool-aid drinkers will never believe this. They are like lemmings running off the cliff. So mindless. So gullible. So religious.
Mindless and gullible? Are you looking in the mirror? And tell us where exactly you got your medical degree? I hear Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene are on the prowl for new husbands. Better get on that. Although to be fair, Boebert is smoking hot.

This was such a great thread, too.

And just like the American voter, my shock and surprise has turned to apathy when the idiots show up and ruin everything.

Again.

Reactions: kougkurt
That's not even close to funny, Loyal. Two New Jersey Republicans were killed -some say assassinated - this week.

It's a sad state of affairs when death is wished on people who hold opposing political beliefs or sexual preference or race regardless of whether that is left or right, conservative or progressive, LGBTQ or straight.
Well 11 I would absolutely agree with you, we really are past that point aren't we? Pelosi's husband is attacked and instead of ehat decent people do either keep your month shut or condemn the act, people in power suspected he had a gay lover, that the intruder was invited in etc etc.

This is where "decency has gone. We can't even look at video where a cop is getting his face mangled and say he was under attack.

It is unfortunate and won't change until leadership changes.

Well my racing heartbeat typically happens when I'm in the throes of passion. And being a heart patient, my willing victim typically says "don't die on me. Literally". I just respond, "drag me out to the street and deny everything".

And I have no sense of humor. Although I'm not making this one up.
Loyal...just imagine how fast your heart would be racing if in the throws of passion there was someone with you :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT