ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Following

If you look at his commit/decommit history, he seems a bit wishy-washy; commited to Rutgers, then Minnesota, then landed at Texas. I hope he's got it out of his system and he's a legit possibility to become a Coug cuz he sounds like he could be a baller.

He is a NJ kid. Rutgers was the home team. Minn got to him in JC, but Texas trumped them.

Real question is why he is leaving Tx after significant PT as a soph last year??

He is a NJ kid. Rutgers was the home team. Minn got to him in JC, but Texas trumped them.

Real question is why he is leaving Tx after significant PT as a soph last year??
So did he decommit from Rutgers prior to enrolling there and then go to JC?

Finger, the published info does not say, but it suggests that he either didn't have the grades for D1 or was borderline, and had to go JC, where he has apparently done his school work and will now be eligible. At least that is how the tea leaves look. His PT suggests that he would fit well as our missing ILB part of the puzzle. Lots of conjecture there, but it fits the typical pattern for JC kids who would appear to have had the athletic ability for D1 right out of HS.

Finger, the published info does not say, but it suggests that he either didn't have the grades for D1 or was borderline, and had to go JC, where he has apparently done his school work and will now be eligible. At least that is how the tea leaves look. His PT suggests that he would fit well as our missing ILB part of the puzzle. Lots of conjecture there, but it fits the typical pattern for JC kids who would appear to have had the athletic ability for D1 right out of HS.
That makes sense—the site I was looking at his commitment timeline gave only dates and left everything up for interpretation. At any rate, if the kid wants to be a Coug and and keep his grades up I’d be thrilled to have him cuz we can use all the help at LB we can get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT