ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting option for HS recruits

Article about a Pasco kid who moved to the east coast after HS graduation and spent a 5th year of high school ball at a prep school. Basically gave him a year to up his grades and test scores, play in front of other scouts, and the best part is it doesn’t affect NCAA eligibility.

I didn’t know about this option...did anyone else?

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article208536014.html

No prep schools on the west coast so we don’t hear or see about it much. Lots of guys that have gone through VT went through prep school.

Article about a Pasco kid who moved to the east coast after HS graduation and spent a 5th year of high school ball at a prep school. Basically gave him a year to up his grades and test scores, play in front of other scouts, and the best part is it doesn’t affect NCAA eligibility.

I didn’t know about this option...did anyone else?

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article208536014.html

Good friend of mine did this in ‘83 when we graduated. The prep school was in Santa Barbara I believe. He was there to help him get into the Air Force Academy. Can’t remember if he played football at the prep school or not but he did his freshman year at the academy.

The prep schools have been used for quite some time. WSU has sucessfuuly recruited several athletes in the past bith in football and basketball

The Cougars have Pollard, Cooper, and Chidom on the hoops team who went the prep school route after HS graduation. Dallas Hobbs did the same for football. I don't think any of that group needed prep school to improve their academics but rather to mature physically.

Interesting that a prep school would basically pay 65k to have a kid come play one year of hs football. I mean, it's their money and all and they ARE a private, for-profit institution but what do they get from that investment other than a kid who's a pretty good ball player for a year?

Interesting that a prep school would basically pay 65k to have a kid come play one year of hs football. I mean, it's their money and all and they ARE a private, for-profit institution but what do they get from that investment other than a kid who's a pretty good ball player for a year?

Sounds like a great opportunity for a college football program's boosters to illegally recruit athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT