ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting photo of Jamire Calvin

The real story in this photo is how much of a monster Dez is. He can be a game changer this year after establishing himself last year. NFL body.

Reactions: earldacoug
I dropped in on yesterday's practice. Gubrud seems to be moving well on the leg -- jogging, as well as drop-backs and lateral movements in throwing drills. I don't think he took part in any of the live action. Dez Patmon and Brandon Gray caught my eye out there as they worked against the DBs -- both are going to create some serious size matchup problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: kougkurt
I dropped in on yesterday's practice. Gubrud seems to be moving well on the leg -- jogging, as well as drop-backs and lateral movements in throwing drills. I don't think he took part in any of the live action. Dez Bryant and Brandon Gray caught my eye out there as they worked against the DBs -- both are going to create some serious size matchup problems.

Dez Bryant? Did the NCAA grant him an exemption to play after retiring from the NFL. ;)

Dezmon Patmon? That dude's a beast!

Is Bryant the graduate transfer from Ok State?
Sorry -- Dez Patmon. (Since corrected in my previous post.) I thought he had a good practice yesterday -- he was having some fun out there and was fun to watch.

Sorry -- Dez Patmon. (Since corrected in my previous post.) I thought he had a good practice yesterday -- he was having some fun out there and was fun to watch.

I knew who you were referencing, just having some fun. Assume we’re still allowed to share a laugh or two without hurting someone’s feelings.
Build-wise Patmon appears to be morphing into Bryant and would expect to see him doing some driveway push-ups in the future.

Speaking of pushups, at one point in yesterday's action the O was having a bit of a bad run that warranted a set of up-downs. I'm assuming the receiving corps were claiming responsibility for the errant ways of the offense because I watched Spurrier get down and start cranking out push-ups while everyone else did the up-downs. He's an enjoyable character to watch on the field during practices.

I knew who you were referencing, just having some fun. Assume we’re still allowed to share a laugh or two without hurting someone’s feelings.
Build-wise Patmon appears to be morphing into Bryant and would expect to see him doing some driveway push-ups in the future.

LOL. Yeah, no hurt feelings here...

I don't know why you would think that. My feelings are certainly hurt. Almost as much as when Joe Biden rubbed noses with me in 2009. :eek:

I almost dont care who the QB is, as Easop Winston, Dez Patmon, Tay Martin, Jamire Calvin, Bell, Fisher, Calvin, probably is the best, and deepest WR core in the west. Might have to go to the SEC, Big Ten to find a equal, better WR corp, then WSU's WR Corp.

Heck even Rival's Rob of Rival's Rob's Rankings has WSU listed #4 as most likely, probable to potentially CRASH, MAKE the CFP.

And I can see why. Heck even a Grandma at QB could do well in the Air Raid with WSU's WR Corp.

So Gage, OL, WR's, RB Borghi, should light up defenses to the tune of 43 to 59 points.

Reactions: acgcoug
I almost dont care who the QB is, as Easop Winston, Dez Patmon, Tay Martin, Jamire Calvin, Bell, Fisher, Calvin, probably is the best, and deepest WR core in the west. Might have to go to the SEC, Big Ten to find a equal, better WR corp, then WSU's WR Corp.

Heck even Rival's Rob of Rival's Rob's Rankings has WSU listed #4 as most likely, probable to potentially CRASH, MAKE the CFP.

And I can see why. Heck even a Grandma at QB could do well in the Air Raid with WSU's WR Corp.

So Gage, OL, WR's, RB Borghi, should light up defenses to the tune of 43 to 59 points.
See dude. When you don't rant, you actually, kinda, sorta make sense! Nice post. Agreed.

Reactions: 79COUG
Interesting to see offense implement a QB designed counter run play....that tells me who the coaching staff assumes might win the job (Tinsley ran the play in practice)

Interesting to see offense implement a QB designed counter run play....that tells me who the coaching staff assumes might win the job (Tinsley ran the play in practice)

Yep, Gage(If he stays healthy), or Cooper as they are the most mobile QB's on team.

Even with the injury, Gage, should be the favorite to become the starter.

So

1. Gage
2. Tinsley
3. Cooper
4. Gordon

2 thru 4 are about equal, should be a battle Royale, and whoever wins(Probably Tinsley just barely by skin of teeth over Cooper), will push Gage the likely starter.

5. Is the new freshman QB
6. John Bledsoe.

Yep, Gage(If he stays healthy), or Cooper as they are the most mobile QB's on team.

Even with the injury, Gage, should be the favorite to become the starter.

So

1. Gage
2. Tinsley
3. Cooper
4. Gordon

2 thru 4 are about equal, should be a battle Royale, and whoever wins(Probably Tinsley just barely by skin of teeth over Cooper), will push Gage the likely starter.

5. Is the new freshman QB
6. John Bledsoe.
With such specific intel, I ask, have you been going to the practices? Or are you just making assumptions based on interviews and what CML says and doesn't say?

With such specific intel, I ask, have you been going to the practices? Or are you just making assumptions based on interviews and what CML says and doesn't say?

We all know that nobody knows a damned thing about how things stand at the QB spot in Leach's mind. Malaka is just making his best guess.....and that's ok.

We all know that nobody knows a damned thing about how things stand at the QB spot in Leach's mind. Malaka is just making his best guess.....and that's ok.

Best educated guess. Altho your right nobody knows what Leach could, would do for sure,(For all we know Leach could start the new freshman QB), there are LIKELYHOODS, etc, that while not guaranted, etc, are still more likely then other possibilities.

Likelyhoods dont always pan out.

There is a reason why most media outlets, experts, pundits, experts expect Gage to be the starter.

My Best educated guesses are based partly on those reasons, and other reasons.

1. Gage's production, stats, skillsets, etc, at EWU.

2. Gage leading EWU to championship game.

3. Gage being mobile, etc

4. Leach would not have brought Gage in if he didnt think he could help win 9 to 12 games, instead of 6,7,8 games with Tinsley.

Basically getting Gage is like recruiting a 5 star HS QB, on a team with 2,3 star ok back up QB's, that while can start, hold down fort, do ok, are not top notch starting QB's. You dont recruit such a QB thinking they are going to be the back up. Instead you expect them to be a one and done, insta starter, etc.

But that does not mean that the 5 star QB is going to start, only that the 5 star QB is LIKELY to start over the 2, 3 star QB.

Gage is like that 5 star QB.

As for the rest of list, order.

Tinsley has shown, proven that he has been better, finished 2nd to Minshew.

Cooper is ranked 3rd by me because I think its likely he makes some strides, but not enough to unseat Tinsley from back up, but enough to give Tinsley all he can handle, competition wise.

While Gordon has the Tools, he has been INCONSISTENT enough, I see him at 4th.

John Bledsoe I see last like he has always been.

That leaves the new freshman QB 5th, 4th at highest.

I think that is very reasonable.

But like I said, the new freshman QB could theoretically start for all we know.

Not likely, but still possible.

Best educated guess. Altho your right nobody knows what Leach could, would do for sure,(For all we know Leach could start the new freshman QB), there are LIKELYHOODS, etc, that while not guaranted, etc, are still more likely then other possibilities.

There is a reason why most media outlets, experts, pundits, experts expect Gage to be the starter.

4. Leach would not have brought Gage in if he didnt think he could help win 9 to 12 games, instead of 6,7,8 games with Tinsley.

Basically getting Gage is like recruiting a 5 star HS QB, on a team with 2,3 star ok back up QB's, that while can start, hold down fort, do ok, are not top notch starting QB's. You dont recruit such a QB thinking they are going to be the back up. Instead you expect them to be a one and done, insta starter, etc.

But that does not mean that the 5 star QB is going to start, only that the 5 star QB is LIKELY to start over the 2, 3 star QB.

Cooper is ranked 3rd by me because I think its likely he makes some strides, but not enough to unseat Tinsley from back up, but enough to give Tinsley all he can handle, competition wise.

I'm not judging the order of your choices.......just stating that none of us know what Leach is thinking.

Regarding #2.
You do know Gage sat the second half of last season, right?

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT