ADVERTISEMENT

Is Saturday the Battle for the Las Vegas Bowl?

Losing to Cal could mean that WSU avoids the Sun Bowl. Real question is whether the Oregon-Utah winner makes the CFP.
There's a chance, but not a good one.
LSU has Arkansas and A&M left, both at home.
Ohio State has Penn State and then at Michigan
Clemson has a bye before going to south Carolina
Georgia has A&M and at Georgia Tech
BAMa has West Carolina and at auburn
Oregon is at ASU then the beavers in Eugene
Utah is at Arizona then home for Colorado

LSU, clemson, and Georgia should win out. Ohio state could drop to PSU, but they own michigan. I think Bama loses to Auburn without Tua, and at Auburn.
If LSU beats Georgia for the SEC title, UGA is out. If UGA wins, they're both in. Ohio state would have to get by Minnesota or Wisconsin (which wasn't a problem the first time).

Oregon and Utah also should win out - Utah almost certainly does - but then one eliminates the other. I actually favor Utah in that matchup.

Even if Ohio state loses, I'm not sure Oregon or utah goes ahead of them...or that they don't get jumped by Penn state. But it'll only take one more upset to open the door.

I think it's still possible for us to be as high as the 4th selection from the Pac-12 (Redbox). That would mean winning out, and then the Redbox taking us over all other teams with the same record (including Cal and UW). Vegas or Phoenix seem more reasonable....and El Paso is still on the table.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT