ADVERTISEMENT

JDL

I'm pretty familiar with San Marcos, TX. It's basically equidistance away from Austin and San Antonio. What could go wrong with a guy who has had questionable past decision making skills?

I'm pretty familiar with San Marcos, TX. It's basically equidistance away from Austin and San Antonio. What could go wrong with a guy who has had questionable past decision making skills?

The nightlife is in Austin. Add alcohol, he has a problem. San Antonio isn’t good time.

I would not bring this kid into my team. He’s got really poor judgement, not to mention that he settled with the girl he assaulted. That’s a very strong indicator that he didn’t want it going to criminal court, as he would most likely be in jail.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
The nightlife is in Austin. Add alcohol, he has a problem. San Antonio isn’t good time.
The River Walk is the extent of my San Antonio experience and fine, but it’s for sure not Austin. Never got the place where the wait staff takes shots at the customers, but people seem to enjoy it.

He better have grown up, and stopped being a criminal wouldn’t hurt either.

My first impression of JDL was he was thought very highly of himself and entitled. There is a difference between moxie and arrogance. That case may haunt him if he thinking of the NFL

I’m sure he’s thinking of the NFL. I doubt the NFL thinks much about him.
What? Bail on your Pac-12 school, then get beat out by a freshman at your soon to be big 12 school, then go to the mighty Sun Belt Conference? And get fat along the way? Perfect NFL trajectory.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
What? Bail on your Pac-12 school, then get beat out by a freshman at your soon to be big 12 school, then go to the mighty Sun Belt Conference? And get fat along the way? Perfect NFL trajectory.
Yeah, it worked for….

Still trying to figure this one out. Is there a guy who fits this criteria and went big in the nfl?
Not that I know of. Moving down in level of competition doesn’t usually prep one for a leap to the top.

It’s really strange that Texas State picked upJDL because they had a good QB who lead them to a 8-5 record and a bowl game win. The QB hit the transfer portal when they signed him up.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
It’s really strange that Texas State picked upJDL because they had a good QB who lead them to a 8-5 record and a bowl game win. The QB hit the transfer portal when they signed him up.

I couldn’t blame the staff for wanting to acquire the best talent they can. I couldn’t blame the player for wanting to be somewhere else.

Do they play UW 12 times next year?

WSU being treated like Arizona here makes no sense, but FYI more generally.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATACFD
Good.. That’s actually the best thing that could happen to him. He’s finally getting consequences for his actions. That may help him grow up.
Although I wouldn’t put WSU in the same category as Arizona.

WSU being treated like Arizona here makes no sense, but FYI more generally.
This guy can get stuffed.

No one even knew about the JDL thing, at least as far as fans go. I'd bet most fans still don't know outside of the hardcore morons like the ones on this board. I'm curious how the Tx St folks even got wind of it unless JDL was sold out by someone, which for some reason wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: ATACFD
This guy can get stuffed.

No one even knew about the JDL thing, at least as far as fans go. I'd bet most fans still don't know outside of the hardcore morons like the ones on this board. I'm curious how the Tx St folks even got wind of it unless JDL was sold out by someone, which for some reason wouldn't surprise me.
Now don't refer to yourself as a moron. I'm sure many of us don't see you that way at all. :)

Lots of people knew about de Laura, although it was pretty low key until he went to AZ. Now the whole world knows all about him. CBS, Sports Illustrated, MSN, Yahoo, etc. Just Google Texas State Football news. So the record breaking TSU QB left for WKU after de Laura was signed. The former 2nd string QB had left previously. Now Texas State has no QB's, and passing game coordinator Stutzmann, who recruited de Laura, left for San Jose State.

My second link gets pretty graphic about the incident itself. What really sucks is that the victim won't get shit now for compensation.

Now don't refer to yourself as a moron. I'm sure many of us don't see you that way at all. :)

Lots of people knew about de Laura, although it was pretty low key until he went to AZ. Now the whole world knows all about him. CBS, Sports Illustrated, MSN, Yahoo, etc. Just Google Texas State Football news. So the record breaking TSU QB left for WKU after de Laura was signed. The former 2nd string QB had left previously. Now Texas State has no QB's, and passing game coordinator Stutzmann, who recruited de Laura, left for San Jose State.

My second link gets pretty graphic about the incident itself. What really sucks is that the victim won't get shit now for compensation.

No, "lots of people" didn't know about it. It would have hit the daily evergreen if "lots of people" had known about it, since they love shitting all over the football program whenever possible. As I said, most on this site had no idea until one of the poster's here posted it. If what you say is true, why didn't it get out?

As for Arizona, they should have had that information. Again, the fans... who knows? I'm sure the football staff didn't go out of their way to make it common knowledge. Which circles back around to - who burned him at TSU?

No, "lots of people" didn't know about it. It would have hit the daily evergreen if "lots of people" had known about it, since they love shitting all over the football program whenever possible. As I said, most on this site had no idea until one of the poster's here posted it. If what you say is true, why didn't it get out?

As for Arizona, they should have had that information. Again, the fans... who knows? I'm sure the football staff didn't go out of their way to make it common knowledge. Which circles back around to - who burned him at TSU?
Well we can debate who knew about it while he was at WSU, I don't know and am pretty sure you don't either. Moot point now. Although I suppose we could argue the point for 10 or 15 years.

It was public knowledge after he went to AZ, although per the link below it apparently didn't hit newspapers until May 2023 and AZ supposedly didn't know until fall 2022. So maybe you are correct about relatively no one knowing. Nice vetting job Cougs. And Rolo came from Hawaii!

Well we can debate who knew about it while he was at WSU, I don't know and am pretty sure you don't either. Moot point now. Although I suppose we could argue the point for 10 or 15 years.

It was public knowledge after he went to AZ, although per the link below it apparently didn't hit newspapers until May 2023 and AZ supposedly didn't know until fall 2022. So maybe you are correct about relatively no one knowing. Nice vetting job Cougs. And Rolo came from Hawaii!

He was a minor and the case was and is sealed. The only reason it got out was the civil complaint, which he "settled". Legally, he hasn't been tried or convicted of anything that anyone knows of, it is the civil complaint that alleges that he pled guilty. As there is no way to prove or disprove that, what is society supposed to do? Duke Lacrosse team treatment? The law has been exercised and all parties have been satisfied. It sucks, because he probably did something unsavory at best, full sexual assault at worst, and should have some kind of societal reprecussions, but then maybe that is what is happening now.

He was a minor and the case was and is sealed. The only reason it got out was the civil complaint, which he "settled". Legally, he hasn't been tried or convicted of anything that anyone knows of, it is the civil complaint that alleges that he pled guilty. As there is no way to prove or disprove that, what is society supposed to do? Duke Lacrosse team treatment? The law has been exercised and all parties have been satisfied. It sucks, because he probably did something unsavory at best, full sexual assault at worst, and should have some kind of societal reprecussions, but then maybe that is what is happening now.
Why are you defending him? "Unsavory at best"? Read the f-ing articles. Luring her into a stairwell and poking her from behind and choking her while his buddy comes in her mouth? You think that is just hearsay?

Allright I'm done with this thread.

Why are you defending him? "Unsavory at best"? Read the f-ing articles. Luring her into a stairwell and poking her from behind and choking her while his buddy comes in her mouth? You think that is just hearsay?

Allright I'm done with this thread.
I'm not defending anyone but the law and due process. We don't do lynch mobs anymore for a reason.

For every Duke LaCrosse team, there's an asshole like OJ Simpson walking free on the streets. The legal system fails victims all the time. JDL is fortunate that he was a minor and the system often lets the "ever present football player rapist" get away with their crimes because they are good at "the football".

I still remember the assholes on the Minnesota football team getting away with running the train on a drunk chick right before the Holiday Bowl. JDL showed his lack of character when he spent three days lying about visiting with the Arizona football staff right before the 2021 Sun Bowl. F#ck that guy.

For every Duke LaCrosse team, there's an asshole like OJ Simpson walking free on the streets. The legal system fails victims all the time. JDL is fortunate that he was a minor and the system often lets the "ever present football player rapist" get away with their crimes because they are good at "the football".

I still remember the assholes on the Minnesota football team getting away with running the train on a drunk chick right before the Holiday Bowl. JDL showed his lack of character when he spent three days lying about visiting with the Arizona football staff right before the 2021 Sun Bowl. F#ck that guy.
I agree with your last sentence. It will be interesting to see whether he withdrew from Texas State due to this protest, as that tweet implied, or whether he just is looking to go to SJSU or somewhere else now. After the next year or so plays out, in any case, the next time anyone will hear about this guy probably will be in connection with some kind of trouble with the law.

I just can’t believe Miami took Cam Ward knowing that he threw the football around with him at a camp. That’s probably where the next protest will be if you ask me.

Obviously one of the reasons he didn’t go to the NFL too. He probably got word nobody wanted any part of him because of his poor off field decisions.

I agree with your last sentence. It will be interesting to see whether he withdrew from Texas State due to this protest, as that tweet implied, or whether he just is looking to go to SJSU or somewhere else now. After the next year or so plays out, in any case, the next time anyone will hear about this guy probably will be in connection with some kind of trouble with the law.
Although SJSU's new head coach played at Hawaii (he's Samoan, not Hawaiian), and we know Stutzmann's relationship with de Rapist, I would bet $20 that he will never take another college football snap at any level. Or a snap anywhere ever.

Good for those Texas State women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT