ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Salvea

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
Boy has he stopped recruiting American Samoa? Not one player from his home island in the last 2 classes. Only Hawaii seems to be recruiting it now. I predict Joe will be looking for a new job sooner rather than later.

He will be wishing that he had not left. However,his reputation as recruiter will always land him a job.Do not worry he will land on his feet ,no matter what transpires at Oregon.

He will be wishing that he had not left. However,his reputation as recruiter will always land him a job.Do not worry he will land on his feet ,no matter what transpires at Oregon.

I saw on another site it was a Hawaiian High School coach, that is now coaching at a mainland junior college (offensive backs) that had done the Samoan recruiting for him while he was at WSU. I guess time will tell.

Boy has he stopped recruiting American Samoa? Not one player from his home island in the last 2 classes. Only Hawaii seems to be recruiting it now. I predict Joe will be looking for a new job sooner rather than later.

I recall an interview Joe did with the Pac-12 network in which he said parents in Somoa entrusted him to keep their "babies" safe/out of trouble. So, did "papa" fail somewhat in this regard? Maybe the parents don't trust him anymore? They probably do. He's a big deal back home.

Last edited:
Problem is, I said it before on Brand X..... Joe won’t have the freedom to take a project on at Oregon. His whole schtick was about his ties to AS and his ability to mine projects, bringing them to WSU to showcase their abilities. That ended with his move to Oregon.

Reactions: Whitworth-Coug
Problem is, I said it before on Brand X..... Joe won’t have the freedom to take a project on at Oregon. His whole schtick was about his ties to AS and his ability to mine projects, bringing them to WSU to showcase their abilities. That ended with his move to Oregon.

I think it’s fair to say WSU was going to take someone (one minimum) from Samoa every year. That was going to be the cost of doing business to have a shot at guys like Vaeao.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT