ADVERTISEMENT

Jump onboard recruits

Thoughts on needs to round out the class? (15 currently in the class)

I say:

2-3 linebackers (not rush lb or DE, as we seem set there with a lot of youth)

2 true corners

2 safeties

1 more DT (edit/scratch that one off on my list with Benton now committed with Sims)

1 RB

I wouldn't mind seeing a second RB in this class. Our 2017 class lone rb Perry is supposedly injured, but we haven't heard much about him at all. Our 2016 lone rb commit Romello Harris transferred to Fresno State. We were extremely fortunate getting Borghi in 2018, and that he was ready to play right away.

1 OL/C

I'm not sure who we project to be our center after Mauigoa being a JR this year, and Osur-Myers (JR, injured this year). Brian Greene (Soph.) is the backup center (walk-on), but played a bit last week vs Cal. 5 from 2018's class, and 1 more in this class would also put the class at 5. We lost a few bodies from the 2017 class.

We are starting to see a lot more depth in the program, so I don't really see a need for bringing in any more JC kids. If we did, maybe a CB and/or Safety, or possibly a linebacker since Kendrick Catis (JC lb from 2018 class left during fall camp).

Last edited:

I say:

2 true corners

2 safeties

1 more DT

1 RB

I wouldn't mind seeing a second RB in this class. Our 2017 class lone rb Perry is supposedly injured, but we haven't heard much about him at all. Our 2016 lone rb commit Romello Harris transferred to Fresno State. We were extremely fortunate getting Borghi in 2018, and that he was ready to play right away.

1 OL/C

I'm not sure who we project to be our center after Mauigoa being a JR this year, and Osur-Myers (JR, injured this year). Brian Greene (Soph.) is the backup center (walk-on), but played a bit last week vs Cal. 5 from 2018's class, and 1 more in this class would also put the class at 5. We lost a few bodies from the 2017 class.

We are starting to see a lot more depth in the program, so I don't really see a need for bringing in any more JC kids. If we did, maybe a CB and/or Safety, or possibly a linebacker since Kendrick Catis (JC lb from 2018 class left during fall camp).

We need a JC DT. If in doubt take two.

Def would want a jc dt and a couple jc CB (one 6'2" or so). We are so loaded with young WR I wouldn't mind us taking a bunch of D players.

I say:

2 true corners

2 safeties

1 more DT (edit/scratch that one off on my list with Benton now committed with Sims)

1 RB

1 OL/C

We need CB’s

One thing about this years class is that so far, there have not been the decommits. Often we would see recruits decommit and then commit to what they perceived a better team. Having four winning seasons in a row and being ranked in the top ten has changed some of the narrative around the Cougars.

One thing about this years class is that so far, there have not been the decommits. Often we would see recruits decommit and then commit to what they perceived a better team. Having four winning seasons in a row and being ranked in the top ten has changed some of the narrative around the Cougars.

Pretty hard to decommit for another program who won’t do as well now...

We need a JC DT. If in doubt take two.

JC's have been kind of tough for us as of late. We took 5 just last year, 2018, only 2 are on the current roster.

I actually think we look fairly solid next year on the DL, but maybe taking 1 JC nose/DT would be good move for depth/potential injuries. However, so far I have not seen the coaching staff looking at any JC d-lineman.

Next year:

Oguayo 6-3 252 SR
Pei 6-3 265+ SR
McDougle 6-0 305 Soph (will start at nose without a doubt, our cornerstone of the DL, was freshman AA at WV)
Moore 6-1 250 JR
Dallas Hobbs 6-6 280+ Soph
Will Rodgers 6-5 probably 265+ Soph
Crowder 6-3 probably 280+ RS Freshman
Brennan Jackson 6-5 probably 250+ RS Freshman
Mejia 6-3 probably 250+ RS Freshman
Echeverria 6-2 300 Soph

True Frosh:
Sims 6-2 285+
Benton 6-3 275+
Kwete 6-3 230+ DE/Rush
Garay-Harris 6-5 230+ DE

Question marks:
Preston Hendry 6-5 250
Hunter Mattox 6-3 290

+ numerous bodies that can fill DE and Rush LB that I haven't mentioned:

RJ Stone, Willie Taylor, Mason Vinyard

Last edited:
It’s amazing how things quickly changes in college football. The DL depth looked like an area of concern going into next year but that was taken care of in two days in an amazing manner. I wouldn’t mind seeing one more DL commit but it’s also time to start seeing DB’s commit. I’m confident that will be taking care of. I really like the way this class is going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT