ADVERTISEMENT

Just gonna leave this right here...

A fair point, but name a D1 school with more patient fans and a lower key media circuit than WSUs.

Reactions: Cougzz
I will say it’s probably not productive for players to listen to what fans have to say. Lot of noise out there with social media.

I think the majority of frustration and comments is towards coaches not players, and I think a lot of it is justifiable right now. I expect better from Leach considering he just received a $1 million raise. Is that not fair? Sorry.

A fair point, but name a D1 school with more patient fans and a lower key media circuit than WSUs.
I don’t know about the “patient” fans when I read this board. And I think that’s what he’s talking about. As much as those players represent, so does this board, IMHO. And right now we aren’t representing well. We’ve had a great season and this board is lit up with how we should be better. Just a few years ago, anyone on this board would have given their left arm for a 9 win season!!! Now we all are bitching in front of the world and players that we aren’t winning the way we wish it would be... Big ol pile o crap.

It’s big boy football—time to thicken up the skin if D1 football is their goal. Not to mention, I’d surmise the criticism here is mild compared to other schools.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I don’t know about the “patient” fans when I read this board. And I think that’s what he’s talking about. As much as those players represent, so does this board, IMHO. And right now we aren’t representing well. We’ve had a great season and this board is lit up with how we should be better. Just a few years ago, anyone on this board would have given their left arm for a 9 win season!!! Now we all are bitching in front of the world and players that we aren’t winning the way we wish it would be... Big ol pile o crap.

It's not a few years ago. It's right now.

Do you feel like WSU gave MSU their best? I don't.

Im disappointed that there was meat left on the bone this year. I don't think WSU gave every opponent their best shot.

Im glad they won 9 games. It's hard for me to think there weren't a couple more out there to be had.

I'd like to think the players feel there were a couple more and would train this off season to get them this coming year.

Reactions: Cougzz
Ummmm...you really believe this board of 40 to 50 people represent Coug nation? I have always said it good or bad parents and players shouldn't read these forums. For MOST programs do you believe going 9-4 with four putrid blowouts would get their coach a million dollar raise? I have said for a long time he deserves a raise. But I get peoples frustration with these losses. In the real world that I operate in, when I leave the garbage cans on the curb and neglect to bring them away my "contingent" has no problem letting me know her frustration. What does that mean? Am I getting a divorce tomorrow? Simply is real world. And you know who doesnt give a crap about this page, what CougEd thinks, or Patrol or anyone including you? Mike Leach.

There were more than a couple of wins that could easily have been losses. I've come to believe that every school basically has pretty much the same type of fan base. Winning just seems to make us all feel more entitled.

First, Ekuale ought to avoid social media in general. People say stuff all the time.

Second, fans spent thousands of dollars going to San Diego (myself included) and we periodically are asked to give our money to the university to "joIN the team". As someone who has donated thousands of dollars to the university over the years and spent tens of thousands of dollars making it to games, I feel that I have a right to voice my displeasure when the team plays badly. Now, I haven't really said anything about the Holiday Bowl performance, but Ekuale should understand that I'm not particularly impressed with the product that was put out on the field last night and if he doesn't like it, he and his teammates need to strap their big boy pants on and do a better job.

I understand that Michigan State was trying to win too and that sometimes it doesn't go the way that we want. The defense actually played pretty well for the first 20 minutes of the game before they started to get worn down because our offense was so ineffective. I don't blame them for what happened last night. I would have liked to have seen more fire, because the Palouse Posse didn't whine about bad offenses and rude fans back in the day.....but then again, only the most optimistic fans would think that the current guys are worthy of carrying that defense's collective jockstraps.

So, I get what Ekuale is saying, but I'm not sure if I care a whole lot. If he wants to send me a check for the $3000 I spent on the trip to San Diego to watch the game, I'll listen a little more closely. Until then, he might want to stay off social media unless the Cougs win if he is seeking validation from fans.

I don’t know about the “patient” fans when I read this board.
Oh please. Daniel Ekuale's been at WSU since 2013 and he's all tore up that a CENTURY of Coug fans are pissed about the team sh-tting the bed whenever it matters. Hey Danny, love ya buddy but the bar's been moved from "not going winless" to "playing with some got-damn respect in a bowl game."

There's a contingent on this board - and it's taking every fiber of restraint for me not to call them out by name - who feel that NOT LOSING A MAJORITY OF OUR GAMES entitles the entire team to a free pass where zero criticism is allowed. I understand that the Cougars have historically gotten their dicks knocked in the dirt every Saturday, but EXCUSE ME for expecting us to take the field and defend the honor of Washington State in the Apple Cup or a bowl game for Crissake.

Oh please. Daniel Ekuale's been at WSU since 2013 and he's all tore up that a CENTURY of Coug fans are pissed about the team sh-tting the bed whenever it matters. Hey Danny, love ya buddy but the bar's been moved from "not going winless" to "playing with some got-damn respect in a bowl game."

There's a contingent on this board - and it's taking every fiber of restraint for me not to call them out by name - who feel that NOT LOSING A MAJORITY OF OUR GAMES entitles the entire team to a free pass where zero criticism is allowed. I understand that the Cougars have historically gotten their dicks knocked in the dirt every Saturday, but EXCUSE ME for expecting us to take the field and defend the honor of Washington State in the Apple Cup or a bowl game for Crissake.
Amen Chip

Pull out your swords and fight.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Perhaps Ekuale is taking a cue from CML? Leach will be here as long as he wants. He is a tremendous departure from the last coach. I do not think the Cougs can do much better. However, his refusal to take any responsibility for the blowout AC and Bowl losses does not sit well.He just refuses to answer simple questions
His arrogance, amusing at other times does not now reflect well with most WSU football fans.Fans have contributed and are being asked to really financially support the program.However the bend over losses without explanation has irked most fans. If he was in the SEC or Big 10,he would quickly find that he would be subject to vitriol and abuse. Leach points to the 8 and nine wins and feels that is more than enough. He says to expect big losses as they are out-recruiting his program. Unfortunately for him ,he has raised fans expectations.

I used to feel like that, but it's pointless. All it does is raise my already genetically high blood pressure and it isn't worth the health risk. If it gets bad I turn the channel. If I know it's gonna be bad I don't watch

. For MOST programs do you believe going 9-4 with four putrid blowouts would get their coach a million dollar raise? I have said for a long time he deserves a raise..

When the program has only had 9 win or more seasons only 8 times in its 100+ year history... then YES.

You idiot.

Since Texas Tech decided they didn't want Leach you know how many 9 wins seasons they have had in the 8 years since? ZERO. None.

We've had 2.

Yes coaches get million dollar raises when they do things they are exceeding the standard and expectations.

That's what happens when you exceed expectations and produce results well above the standard norm.

You know what is the media norm for WSU Coug Ed? Do you? It's not 9 wins. in all honesty in our 98 year history

4.7 wins
5.2 losses

That's what is our "norm" whether you like it or not. 4-5 is normal for us. So when someone goes 9-4,8-5,9-4 you know what? They get a raise at WSU.

Ummmm...you really believe this board of 40 to 50 people represent Coug nation? I have always said it good or bad parents and players shouldn't read these forums. For MOST programs do you believe going 9-4 with four putrid blowouts would get their coach a million dollar raise? I have said for a long time he deserves a raise. But I get peoples frustration with these losses. In the real world that I operate in, when I leave the garbage cans on the curb and neglect to bring them away my "contingent" has no problem letting me know her frustration. What does that mean? Am I getting a divorce tomorrow? Simply is real world. And you know who doesnt give a crap about this page, what CougEd thinks, or Patrol or anyone including you? Mike Leach.

Did that same coach takeover the worst Power 5 program in the country, and pull it out of the gutter while making less money than the coaches he was regularly beating?

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
First, Ekuale ought to avoid social media in general. People say stuff all the time.

Second, fans spent thousands of dollars going to San Diego (myself included) and we periodically are asked to give our money to the university to "joIN the team". As someone who has donated thousands of dollars to the university over the years and spent tens of thousands of dollars making it to games, I feel that I have a right to voice my displeasure when the team plays badly. Now, I haven't really said anything about the Holiday Bowl performance, but Ekuale should understand that I'm not particularly impressed with the product that was put out on the field last night and if he doesn't like it, he and his teammates need to strap their big boy pants on and do a better job.

I understand that Michigan State was trying to win too and that sometimes it doesn't go the way that we want. The defense actually played pretty well for the first 20 minutes of the game before they started to get worn down because our offense was so ineffective. I don't blame them for what happened last night. I would have liked to have seen more fire, because the Palouse Posse didn't whine about bad offenses and rude fans back in the day.....but then again, only the most optimistic fans would think that the current guys are worthy of carrying that defense's collective jockstraps.

So, I get what Ekuale is saying, but I'm not sure if I care a whole lot. If he wants to send me a check for the $3000 I spent on the trip to San Diego to watch the game, I'll listen a little more closely. Until then, he might want to stay off social media unless the Cougs win if he is seeking validation from fans.

Yah that 85 yards in the first half was something. We were throwing it so well no wonder we didn't run it much. I thought the defense wore down too and maybe with some offense and more points they might have played well enough to give us a shot in the end. That game was just a real stinker, $ucked !!

It's fairly simple, Daniel. We were disappointed, frustrated and not in a good mood after the Holiday Bowl. And I would imagine neither were you or the others on the team. Some of the alumni, fans, students may have said and posted things in the heat of the moment that they later regretted. Ever had an argument with a spouse, significant other, teammate or coworker and said something stupid that you later regretted and had to meekly apologize for? It happens. Yes, some of the Coug fans are insensitive idiots but most are not. Even the good ones can fly off the handle at times as you have witnessed. Don't worry about it. It happens with all fan bases from time to time. More so with some schools than others. You will find WSU to be on the low end of the scale of that. Win or lose, you will never find a more loyal group than Cougs. So just ignore the internet chatter. Some meat was left on the bone, yes, but overall a very respectable season. Chill and enjoy it.

Congratulations from me on your and the team's accomplishment in the 2017 season.

It's fairly simple, Daniel. We were disappointed, frustrated and not in a good mood after the Holiday Bowl. And I would imagine neither were you or the others on the team. Some of the alumni, fans, students may have said and posted things in the heat of the moment that they later regretted. Ever had an argument with a spouse, significant other, teammate or coworker and said something stupid that you later regretted and had to meekly apologize for? It happens. Yes, some of the Coug fans are insensitive idiots but most are not. Even the good ones can fly off the handle at times as you have witnessed. Don't worry about it. It happens with all fan bases from time to time. More so with some schools than others. You will find WSU to be on the low end of the scale of that. Win or lose, you will never find a more loyal group than Cougs. So just ignore the internet chatter. Some meat was left on the bone, yes, but overall a very respectable season. Chill and enjoy it.

Congratulations from me on your and the team's accomplishment in the 2017 season.

Nice post Kayak. Sums things up nicely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT