ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to the game

Well coached.
All day tough.
Ultimate effort.
No unforced errors.
Play like hell when the ball is snapped.

I am 100% fine with whatever happens, win or lose, as long as those things happen.

May I add, don't miss tackles and contain this guy.

1025859828.jpg.0.jpg

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Well coached.
All day tough.
Ultimate effort.
No unforced errors.
Play like hell when the ball is snapped.

I am 100% fine with whatever happens, win or lose, as long as those things happen.
I think we got pretty close vs ASU.

Defensively we still need some football IQ, but hopefully another week wiser this week.

I just want to see energy from the defense. Sacks, TFL, rally to the ball, and no big returns on special teams.

I'm not worried about the offense. We score 45+....but will it be enough.

Give Borhgi the ball 30 times.

Max him out.

I understand where Leach is coming from with his distribution philosophy. What I wonder is this...

If you spread the ball equally over 4 WRs and 1 RB position... How does the talent of those individual positions play into it??? And is distribution easily manipulated by the other teams DC?

For example... if you're the DC defending WSUs offense, which guys do you wanna see with the fewest touches??? Can you call defenses that manipulate the QB to go away from those kids??? Can you manipulate how the QB distributes the ball to those kids and where on the field they get the ball???

If Im defending WSUs offense Im stopping 2 things. If we cant stop the deep pass it'll be a short day. If we cant stop the inside run it'll be a long day. Im not giving up anything over the top or anything up the gut. Im gonna concede shorts passes, contend everything medium and refuse anything deep. And if I can manipulate the WSU qb into never calling a run play that enables me to be better at pass defense while committing 0 assets to the run...

Broken record.... I would love to see MB get 20 carries. Not touches, carries. Making the defense commit assets to stop him frees up the deep ball. Bombs away bay bee!!!!

Biggs, I agree with all of your points, but I still won't be OK unless I see consistent focus for 4 quarters. The 20-35% of the game playing brain dead is really getting to me.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Biggs, I agree with all of your points, but I still won't be OK unless I see consistent focus for 4 quarters. The 20-35% of the game playing brain dead is really getting to me.

They're not a savvy team. They don't show moxy. That stuff comes with veteran teams or some kids just have “it”...

Montez can run. Contain him...no scrambles over 10 yards, no completions over 15.

I just posted a separate thread on the weather. It’s the worst I’ve ever experienced. It will be nearly impossible to throw the ball today. Heavy rain doesn’t begin to explain how bad it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT