ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of interesting

This guy supposedly turned down UCLA, Utah and OSU (and a bunch of others) to walk-on at uw.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...-scholarship-offers-to-walk-on-at-washington/

I guess he can always transfer if he doesn't get put on scholarship in a few years.

If he lives in Bellevue, he can commute to school his first year and the expense of being a student for one year isn't terrible. My kids were never destined for big scholarships so we've saved enough for them to have tuition covered at the local WSU over the past 10 years or so. If my son lived within driving distance of his favorite college and they'd let him walk on the football team with a chance at a future scholarship.....I'd probably encourage him to do it.

Reactions: chipdouglas
My guess is this is some kind of "blue shirt" scenario. Doesn't sign a binding LOI. Didn't take an official visit. Walking on. If a scholarship open up in the Fall, he may or may not get one.

Coach Pete is on the up and up, so they'll just call him a PWO.

My guess is this is some kind of "blue shirt" scenario. Doesn't sign a binding LOI. Didn't take an official visit. Walking on. If a scholarship open up in the Fall, he may or may not get one.

Coach Pete is on the up and up, so they'll just call him a PWO.
That was my thoughts when I read he didn't take an official recruiting visit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT