ADVERTISEMENT

Luani

Leach said in a sideline interview with brand x that preliminary information suggests Luani was jumped by as many as three people. I'd bust some noses if that had happened to me, and it wouldn't have been from slapping anyone.
Leach and the police are both saying the same thing, basically. That we have to see what the facts really are. Self-defense is just that, a legit defense. Obvious enough. But it is also beyond the pale to think that pizza employees would have jumped them/him. So my bet is that the truth lies somewhere in-between (as it often does). If I had to guess it went something roughly like this: 1. disagreement and dissatisfaction about pizza service....escalated to 2. words were exchanged between L and various pizza employees....then it spread to 3. Between L and other customers in the place.....then 4. The bunch then went outside.....

Like I said, those are just hunches based on long experience, nothing more.....I don't see Dominos pizza employees working for Dana White, so I don't see them leaving the safety of their counter, do you??

Again, since you're dumber than a fence post, is an arrest the same as a citation? Do you even have a college degree? We know li'l sis doesn't. Your parents must be proud.
Well just have your son look into the WSU data base to look up my degree.

At my age, I have gone through much rougher things than he did, that's life. Young guys like him and you have to learn that. The American work ethic is more or less gone, and the laziness and stupidity of the millennials are just helping it along. So we'd all better learn that places that DO still have great and prompt customer service are the exception: patronize them! But, the "annoyed patron" defense is absurd on its face, and should never be seen again, even on a message board.

As a millennial I take offense and politely ask you to GTFO! :D

Joking aside we aren't all like that, but I also hate most people in my age group and younger, so generally I agree.

Leach and the police are both saying the same thing, basically. That we have to see what the facts really are. Self-defense is just that, a legit defense. Obvious enough. But it is also beyond the pale to think that pizza employees would have jumped them/him. So my bet is that the truth lies somewhere in-between (as it often does). If I had to guess it went something roughly like this: 1. disagreement and dissatisfaction about pizza service....escalated to 2. words were exchanged between L and various pizza employees....then it spread to 3. Between L and other customers in the place.....then 4. The bunch then went outside.....

Like I said, those are just hunches based on long experience, nothing more.....I don't see Dominos pizza employees working for Dana White, so I don't see them leaving the safety of their counter, do you??
The one element that I suspect you're missing is that at some point between 2 and 4, someone put a hand on Luani. Doesn't matter if it was just a 'let's go outside and talk' hand on the shoulder, the situation immediately escalates as soon as any physical contact is made, and if he didn't make first contact (first punch is not necessarily relevant), it becomes a much harder case for a prosecutor.

Reactions: Coug95man2
The one element that I suspect you're missing is that at some point between 2 and 4, someone put a hand on Luani. Doesn't matter if it was just a 'let's go outside and talk' hand on the shoulder, the situation immediately escalates as soon as any physical contact is made, and if he didn't make first contact (first punch is not necessarily relevant), it becomes a much harder case for a prosecutor.
This is true of ANY first (or second, or third) report. You mention the point between 2 and 4. Many times there is the point(s) between 2 and 10. Reports are supposed to have holes in the information. Otherwise there would be no need for an investigation. This is also, IMHO, the reason you only believe so much from the media. There are always missing points and that can change the whole tint, the whole slant, the whole timeline of the story.

EDIT: Might I also point out, even I reacted prior to thinking. My jaw truly dropped at the first report. Now, with time, it's a "lets see what comes out" perspective.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luani was playing at EWU.

Times have changed. When I was growing up, the occasional fistfight and the resultant black eye, broken nose or split lip was to be expected and unworthy of judicial attention. This sort of behavior would have been filed under "boys will be boys", ignored and soon forgotten. I agree with the other comments that a felony charge is excessive. I am aware that I am an old geezer and times have passed me by but I doubt that I am that far out of step. I believe and hope that BC&G is correct and unless there is more to it that this ends up as a misdemeanor.

If I were Luani I would be more concerned about Salavea's reaction to this than that of the local magistrate. Big Joe keeps a close eye on his Polys. The prospect of a pissed off Joe dragging me by the earlobe toward the Leach Beach would frighten me more than a fine and verbal caution from some judge.

Agree with Yaki that the whole team is going to hear from the staff. A general chewing out and some rolling or running will be in order. Obviously not all of the squad got the message the first time.

Agree. Used to be a couple dudes would scrap outside, it'd get broken up if it got too out of hand, but the two would shake hands and grab a beer afterward.

I remember getting in a scuff with a guy way back when, I fired a soccer ball at his head, he tackled me, we rolled around for a bit, I apologized and we're still friends to this day.

Now, some drunk chick video tapes it and posts it on insta, the police have to get involved for a month long investigation, the media gets some spin out of it and internet know-it-alls get to feign outrage for a few days.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Agree. Used to be a couple dudes would scrap outside, it'd get broken up if it got too out of hand, but the two would shake hands and grab a beer afterward.

I remember getting in a scuff with a guy way back when, I fired a soccer ball at his head, he tackled me, we rolled around for a bit, I apologized and we're still friends to this day.

Now, some drunk chick video tapes it and posts it on insta, the police have to get involved for a month long investigation, the media gets some spin out of it and internet know-it-alls get to feign outrage for a few days.

Sponge slapping is too womanly to be a crime...

Wulff was trash.

Here's the 2011 Fulmer Cup as you can see we were doing great under ole Wulff face

fulmercup-49.jpg

fulmercup.jpg

fulmercup_2008final.jpg

HE WAS TERRIBLE ED. IT WAS WAY WORSE.

HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED AS A HEAD COACH.
HE WAS TRASH AS A DISCIPLINARIAN
HE IS NOW A POSITION COACH IN FCS
HE'S BEEN FIRED FROM 2 JOBS IN 4 YEARS

Those graphics tell me Pullman PD is trying to stay in the black.

"There's a party, go hand out those MIPs!!!"

Where did it come from that this was a Dominos EMPLOYEE that was assaulted? I don't believe I've read that anywhere.

From what I've read, my best guess was Luani was drunk (as I assume most people are if they're at the Pullman Dominos at 1:45 am). He was being an a$$ about how long his pizza was taking, he was asked to leave, then some guys decided to "make" him leave, he didn't like it, hit a guy, then the thing went outside.

Whatever. He'll plea it down to a misdemeanor, the team will spend some time at the beach, and it will be out of the news in a week, and people can go on to be "outraged" over something else.

Well it's clear he was angry about the pizza taking too long.
From the spokesman
"Luani was very frustrated with the two-hour wait for his pizza and became disorderly, yelling at management and other customers,”

TWO HOURS for pizza! TWO HOURS. Think about it. You are there. you are waiting patiently... You keep waiting. FOR TWO HOURS. That's a quarter of a full work day. Then they start giving YOU shit because you are upset for waiting that long.. For a pizza.

TWO HOURS. Seriously you want to know how long that is. Sit down and just wait for two hours. THEN have someone treat you like crap.

Plus I guarantee he was pissed because everywhere else was probably closed, so he had no food, no other place to get food. It's late at night. Look...

I'm not saying he should have punched the kid, but if you are running restaurant...that used to have a 30 minute guarantee...and the food is taking 2 hours. You had better do something to make it up to the guy immediately. Not get in his face about him being upset.

On the other hand...there are people in the world who are so hungry they'd love to have food of any kind. Even having to wait two hours for a pizza. Perspective...which, of course, most 20 year old kids don't have.

Where did it come from that this was a Dominos EMPLOYEE that was assaulted? I don't believe I've read that anywhere.

From what I've read, my best guess was Luani was drunk (as I assume most people are if they're at the Pullman Dominos at 1:45 am). He was being an a$$ about how long his pizza was taking, he was asked to leave, then some guys decided to "make" him leave, he didn't like it, hit a guy, then the thing went outside.

Whatever. He'll plea it down to a misdemeanor, the team will spend some time at the beach, and it will be out of the news in a week, and people can go on to be "outraged" over something else.

They'll roll as soon as the all-cotton warm-ups come in and the temp drops to 31 degrees...

Not losing sleep over it at all. Simply said Tron's info was faulty, I knew when he said it was not accurate, nor could it be when talking about 18-22 year old kids.

Oh I comment on what happens on the field. 10-2. No don't comment a ton on kids who are still in high school. You are correct there. Didn't know saying Tron's info about arrests was negative,

And for a stalker, you must be blind. And for someone who saw me at the Coug you would know there is a full head of hair.

Guess your old brain doesn't recall how you went Ed Nauseam over Asante Cleveland, Louis Bland, Cory Mackay, Alex Hamill, Shelton Danzy and others to prop up the delusion the Turd was doing it the right way with his "magic eye"...

Oh weird another b*itchfest ignited with a specific poster...

Everyone stop, you are all too stupid and not in the know compared to yours truly.

Maybe Ed will disappear after somebody's organs burst in his car, or he gets busy opening up another Money Tree outlet, or WSU gets off to a 7-0 start and he absolutely has nothing to piss and moan about.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
Look at the recent arrests and you may realize these wouldn't even get Police attention in a large city like Seattle or LA. Under Leach WSU has recorded it's highest APR scores, and he has been pretty consistent with his low tolerance for undisciplined players. I'm not sure what he thinks about this Luani situation but his remarks are in line with how he always backs up his players in front of the media.

Reactions: Coug1990
Look at the recent arrests and you may realize these wouldn't even get Police attention in a large city like Seattle or LA. Under Leach WSU has recorded it's highest APR scores, and he has been pretty consistent with his low tolerance for undisciplined players. I'm not sure what he thinks about this Luani situation but his remarks are in line with how he always backs up his players in front of the media.
Agreed. And even if there is stuff going on and the player LEAVES, CML doesn't air that dirty laundry out in public, either. I appreciate that from him. He isn't going to talk about stuff that could marginalize that student/player.

Guess your old brain doesn't recall how you went Ed Nauseam over Asante Cleveland, Louis Bland, Cory Mackay, Alex Hamill, Shelton Danzy and others to prop up the delusion the Turd was doing it the right way with his "magic eye"...

Danzy & Hamill were Doba guys.

And for whatever it's wroth, Cleveland was pretty talented. He's on an NFL roster, I believe.

Bland was ok. Small. Probably just happened to be one of the better players on an atrocious defense.

And I'm still really bummed we never got to see what Mackay could do. That guy could have been a monster.

I was unaware that that supposition was an accepted and proven fact. I think the bottom line at this point is that there are too many possibilities and too little info to make any statements from our POV with any degree of certainty

Some decent perspective here.

Danzy & Hamill were Doba guys.

And for whatever it's wroth, Cleveland was pretty talented. He's on an NFL roster, I believe.

Bland was ok. Small. Probably just happened to be one of the better players on an atrocious defense.

And I'm still really bummed we never got to see what Mackay could do. That guy could have been a monster.

The point is this: Ediocy threw out all these names to ballyhoo the few decent prospects The Turd recruited in juxtaposition with a few Doba recruiting failures, all to somehow justify said Turd's doing it the right way. He went "Ed Nauseam" about it. He's an Ediot, as Biggscoug, a friend of his, frequently tagged him.

Just look at NFL kicker Josh Brown who was arrested multiple times in relation to domestic violence with his now ex-wife over a year ago and it is just now coming out in the press. We only found about about it because the NFL suspended him or else none of us would have ever known.

This happened in Woodinville, which is a suburb of Seattle. When things happen in Pullman everyone knows.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Actually I do. When you said I don't talk about "recruiting" I thought you were talking about players who we are currently recruiting, not the ones signed and have played. What is it you don't feel that has been expressed. That we are consistently ranked either 5 or
Again, I don't don't bunch of "recruiting" until they are on campus. And Shelton danzy is a perfect case, as is Ark Hall. Danzy loved the limelight. Loved the recruiting attention, so much so he went to the Doba recruiting dinner. It made me uncomfortable for a 17/18 year old kid to come to the dinner right after he signed. Danzy loved the attention, then when it came down to the work he left. Ark Hall believed his elite 11 status meant he was the starter and didn't have to work. That is why I don't talk about recruited athletes. Once they get on campus, see a practice, then I tend to comment.

What would you like me to say about our recruiting today? That we finish 5 or 6 according to the recruiting gurus? Or that he is able to get lineman in the program that everyone up to him struggled to get in? Class by class they have improved, and he is getting really good football players that fit his system? Do you think I believe after four years that I somehow believe Wulff accomplished what Leach has accomplished on the recruiting trail?

The point is this: Ediocy threw out all these names to ballyhoo the few decent prospects The Turd recruited in juxtaposition with a few Doba recruiting failures, all to somehow justify said Turd's doing it the right way. He went "Ed Nauseam" about it. He's an Ediot, as Biggscoug, a friend of his, frequently tagged him.
Maybe Ed will disappear after somebody's organs burst in his car, or he gets busy opening up another Money Tree outlet, or WSU gets off to a 7-0 start and he absolutely has nothing to piss and moan about.
Not sure what you mean by organ's burst? Please explain? Also, why would I leave after being 7-0? I have been here whether they are 7-0 or 0-7. Your point?? You keep thinking I am leaving. Now that is funny.

yes what is this list of names. Post the list and the dates and the incident. If Leach has 17 since he's been here for 5 years. That's an average under 3 and a half per year. This also doesn't show if the accused were found guilty. .
I can only think of 3 total recently in the past year. Calvin Green (no longer on the team), Luani, and Morrow. That's all I can think of. in the past year.

Morrow - Jan
Green - March
Luani - September

July incident means nothing unless charges are filed against a specific person.
"I heard football players were there, I heard so and so did it" doesn't mean anything. So until there an arest it's all hearsay.

Wulff was brought up beacuse you asked about it decreasing which I showed it was and has been. The numbers totally show that.

Tron I must admit you seem to be naïve. If you don't believe there isn't one kid on that team selling then you live in a bubble. It happened with the 79-83 team when I was there. There was a guy who sold on the 88 team. I know of a story about a guy on the 94 team. So if your problem is that Barrington and Atofau represent the other 100 kids and that defines the program, then so be it. If I may use your logic, did Barrington or Atofau ever get convicted? How do you not know that the 38 plants didn't actually belong to their non football playing roommates who grew up on the eastside in Bellevue and Redmond?

Second, my issue is that simply by the age they are bound to get arrested and have problems. WSU probably is and was right at a norm. For anyone to believe that this crap doesn't come up and wont come up is Do I have a problem with Leach's discipline? Nope. He can roll them all he wants. Until a coach is paid on grade point and citizenship and not fired based on wins and losses, you will always play your best players unless they do something horrendous, and I don't expect our head coach to do anything else.

But based on your stats, based on your age group we are dealing with, having these types of incidents will always pop up.

Here is the list of names you really wanted information on----

Shalom Luani (August 24, 2016)Calvin Green (March 6, 2016)Jamal Morrow (January 17, 2016)Daniel Ekuale (September 7, 2014)Theron West (September 7, 2014)Drew Loftus (July 31, 2014)Ivan McLennan (June 15, 2014)Daquawn Brown (March 7, 2014)Austin Brown (March 7, 2014)Gabe Marks (February 8, 2014)Daquawn Brown (February 2, 2014)Emmitt Su’a-Kalio (October 3, 2013)Teondray Caldwell (April 28, 2013)Gabe Marks (February 17, 2013)Drew Loftus (February 1, 2013), Leon Brooks (January 27, 2013),Denzell Dotson (April 8, 2012)

Here is the list of names you really wanted information on----

Shalom Luani (August 24, 2016)Calvin Green (March 6, 2016)Jamal Morrow (January 17, 2016)Daniel Ekuale (September 7, 2014)Theron West (September 7, 2014)Drew Loftus (July 31, 2014)Ivan McLennan (June 15, 2014)Daquawn Brown (March 7, 2014)Austin Brown (March 7, 2014)Gabe Marks (February 8, 2014)Daquawn Brown (February 2, 2014)Emmitt Su’a-Kalio (October 3, 2013)Teondray Caldwell (April 28, 2013)Gabe Marks (February 17, 2013)Drew Loftus (February 1, 2013), Leon Brooks (January 27, 2013),Denzell Dotson (April 8, 2012)

Yeah like I said in the last year it was just 3 people. Just 3. But it was even better. In the last TWO years since

Ekuale on Sept. 7 2014. We have had 3 arrests. Sept. 7th 2014 - 8/30 - 2016

TWO years. 3 arrests.

Looking at that list considering Marks, Brown, and Loftus are twice. That means 14 total individuals. 14... out of how many kids? 125?
That's an incredible improvement. A tremendous improvement.

So I was correct. In fact better than I specified. 3 incidents in TWO years. 3 incidents... TWO years.

Yeah like I said in the last year it was just 3 people. Just 3. But it was even better. In the last TWO years since

Ekuale on Sept. 7 2014. We have had 3 arrests. Sept. 7th 2014 - 8/30 - 2016

TWO years. 3 arrests.

Looking at that list considering Marks, Brown, and Loftus are twice. That means 14 total individuals. 14... out of how many kids? 125?
That's an incredible improvement. A tremendous improvement.

So I was correct. In fact better than I specified. 3 incidents in TWO years. 3 incidents... TWO years.

And Edith worked so hard to look stupid again...

And Edith worked so hard to look stupid again...

Like it's absolutely Hilarious.

The original article from Stef Loh here talks about a report....that says WSU had 31 arrests over the last 5 years.
This was August 20th 2015.

So that means from August 2010-2015 there were 31 arrests.

So that includes the
2010 season
2011 season
2012 season
2013 season
2014 season.

for a total of 31 arrests.

According to CougEd's list of arrests

2012 - 1 arrest Denzell Dotson - Not a Leach player... He committed in September of 2011 so actually he was wrong about that so it's actually 0
2013 - 5 Caldwell, Marks, Loftus and Brooks Sua'Kalio...Brooks (not a Leach recruit) So total Leach recruits is 4.
2014 - 8 Marks, D.Brown X2, McLennan, Eukale, West. Loftus, A.Brown for a total of 8
2015 - 0
2016 - 3 - Green, Morrow, Luani.

So from 2012 to the 2016 season currently Leach recruit arrests are a grand total of 15.

So we went from 31 arrests spanning 2010-2014 seasons.

to

15 arrests spanning 2012-2016. which means that since Leach has been here we are averaging just 3 arrests per year. Just 3. We were averaging 31 over a 5 year span (about 6)... to just 3.

That is the absolute definition of reduction, and in fact is incredible that Leach has reduced it that much AND has had the APR graduation rate AND the wins he has.

Leach not only has our graduation rate as one of the best we've EVER had...EVER.

"The WSU football team recorded a four-year average score of 965, an improvement from last year's score of 951, which until this year had been WSU's highest four-year average. In fact, each of WSU's last four APR averages have been the highest for the program, all coming under head coach Mike Leach. Cougar Football also had a single-year score of 962 for 2014-15, surpassing the NCAA's 930 standard. "

He's dropped our arrest incidents 50%

And he's accumulated a 9 win season, Bowl victory, and beaten every single Pac-12 school except stanford. Including beating Oregon, UCLA, and USC in their own Stadium.

The winning is one thing.
The graduation rate is another.
The incident rate is another.

Coach Leach is by far the best coach we've EVER had since Mike Price. That is 100% clear, and he's on a track to be even better than price.

If he can deliver a Rose Bowl victory he will cement himself as the best coach in WSU history. I don't think it will happen this year because we aren't quite deep enough, but he's got a strong foot hold. He just has to keep building on what we have and restocking it.

Like it's absolutely Hilarious.

The original article from Stef Loh here talks about a report....that says WSU had 31 arrests over the last 5 years.
This was August 20th 2015.

So that means from August 2010-2015 there were 31 arrests.

So that includes the
2010 season
2011 season
2012 season
2013 season
2014 season.

for a total of 31 arrests.

According to CougEd's list of arrests

2012 - 1 arrest Denzell Dotson - Not a Leach player... He committed in September of 2011 so actually he was wrong about that so it's actually 0
2013 - 5 Caldwell, Marks, Loftus and Brooks Sua'Kalio...Brooks (not a Leach recruit) So total Leach recruits is 4.
2014 - 8 Marks, D.Brown X2, McLennan, Eukale, West. Loftus, A.Brown for a total of 8
2015 - 0
2016 - 3 - Green, Morrow, Luani.

So from 2012 to the 2016 season currently Leach recruit arrests are a grand total of 15.

So we went from 31 arrests spanning 2010-2014 seasons.

to

15 arrests spanning 2012-2016. which means that since Leach has been here we are averaging just 3 arrests per year. Just 3. We were averaging 31 over a 5 year span (about 6)... to just 3.

That is the absolute definition of reduction, and in fact is incredible that Leach has reduced it that much AND has had the APR graduation rate AND the wins he has.

Leach not only has our graduation rate as one of the best we've EVER had...EVER.

"The WSU football team recorded a four-year average score of 965, an improvement from last year's score of 951, which until this year had been WSU's highest four-year average. In fact, each of WSU's last four APR averages have been the highest for the program, all coming under head coach Mike Leach. Cougar Football also had a single-year score of 962 for 2014-15, surpassing the NCAA's 930 standard. "

He's dropped our arrest incidents 50%

And he's accumulated a 9 win season, Bowl victory, and beaten every single Pac-12 school except stanford. Including beating Oregon, UCLA, and USC in their own Stadium.

The winning is one thing.
The graduation rate is another.
The incident rate is another.

Coach Leach is by far the best coach we've EVER had since Mike Price. That is 100% clear, and he's on a track to be even better than price.

If he can deliver a Rose Bowl victory he will cement himself as the best coach in WSU history. I don't think it will happen this year because we aren't quite deep enough, but he's got a strong foot hold. He just has to keep building on what we have and restocking it.

That is good stuff. First you argued there was only 10 arrests in the Leach era. I said 15, which you went on some foaming at the mouth rant. Then you count up the arrests and it is the same number I came up with. You did cross off Dotson even though Leach changed out half the class and CHOSE to keep him. But in my math I figured you would make that claim so instead of 17 I said 15.

Funny how you manipulate the math. First is that there were only 10 arrests. Now there is only three in the last 18 months. Or if you want to call 2015 an aberration the trend is now up three in the last 7 months, and more "potential" arrests coming.

The issue has never been is Leach tough on crime. As you well pointed out there is a statistical norm for that age kids. Is Travis Long a bad kid, or does it show lack of discipline by any coach he got popped four days before his 21st birthday for MIP? Is that on any coach? How about Toni Pole who was arrested for giving a false name? Lack of discipline? Mayes-backed into another vehicle and left the scene. Koepp-threw a rock at a window. Sua busted twice for driving with suspended license. Bland called the police on domestic dispute and he was the one arrested.

That leaves Bland pot, Clark-stolen laptop, Montgomery DUI, Barirngton and JA growing plants ( don't believe anything came of it...they were probably the roommates plants and just happened to be rooming with the wrong guys) Kaufusi- Pot, Laurenzi-stealing $50.00 headphones, Waseem-hit someone, CJ Mizel-hit someone. The last two as you point out---no big deal.

Again, it is the law of averages that these things will happen. If two players get charged for their activity in July, that would be 5 arrests in 7 months, does that indicate that discipline is lacking?

These things have always been an ebb and flow. Coaches are paid to win games. Dennis Erickson compared to Doba or Wulff ran the most lax environment imaginable. He figured out a long time ago that he doesn't get paid for keeping track of 100 kids, he gets paid for winning games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT