ADVERTISEMENT

MBK Preview: Cougs battle Oklahoma Tuesday

Cougs R dogs! The Las Vegas Bookies have installed the Sooners as 14 pt favorites in tonight s game. Do the cougs get respect or are they ground into the hardwood as 8 teams have been by the Sooners this season?

If i was in Vegas, i d put my money on the cougs. This game should be an early indicator of what kind of team the cougs are this year.

No i did not ake it to vegas. I did not think that Olklahoma was for real. yes the cougs have a ways to go. the first half was encouraging but one cannot stop putting forth that type of effort

it is called gambling for a reason. Sometimes one loses their behind because one was wrong. The cougs ,hopefully,learned a valuable lesson and perhaps will improve as the year progresses.Then team is not working together. Sometimes Ike hurts the team more than he helps. Kent has got to quit putting Boese out there,He is a non athletic guy who just cannot move his feet. Kent has to cut down on his rotation and develop a more cohesive unit

As you say, the Oklahoma game was an early indicator of what kind of team the Cougars are this year. I like the first half, but the second half was awful....reminded me of Bone ball, one-on-one, dribbling and casting off, etc.

El C is as predictable as the winter rain. As Coug Dave points out, Boese plays about one minute in the first half and he's the one El C points to as the problem. Hey El C, what was your opinion of Suggs' performance? Oh wait, that's a Kent recruit. Which Kent recruit impressed you last night?

The team will get better and could pull off an upset tonight vs. Northern Iowa, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Pac-12 is looking awfully tough and WSU needs to improve by leaps and bounds if they are going to finish anywhere but the bottom third of the conference.

Glad Cougar

Suggs looked like he cannot shoo at this time His shooting percentages as a juco are fairly good.t.Putting in a terrible player destroys any continuity or spois any potential run by the cougs I have not been the only one to notice Boese. On Brand X they say basically the same thing. Over here there are a few posters who apparently rather see him get cameo appearances than see the cougs win. Talk about who is predictable.You guys are predictable as the winter snows ,cold, any thing to knock the program and boost your favorite player I like Valentine,Callison ,Coonor and a few of the other players. i see them improving as the season progresses. they have some athletic ability and talent not like a bone holdover .

Sticking up for all players, including Bone holdovers, is not doing anything to knock the program. Just the opposite.

If putting Boese into the game for one minute in the first half is enough to throw this team off the rails, then the Cougars are in bigger trouble than I thought.

You've been very supportive of Ernie Kent. He has been a winner at UO and a proven good coach. Do you think you know more than he does on who should play and when?

Glad Cougar

I think Kent went to Boese because he was looking to get Hawkinson a blow and hoped Boese could hit an open shot. He was on line but short on his 3 in the first half and then gave up I believe an 'and-1' on defense. So that was it for his minutes (or minute) when it was still a game. There aren't great options behind Hawkinson.

Boese has lost all confidence in his shot. His big asset is his ability to knock down the 3. If he can't do that he's a liability.

Reactions: YakiCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT