ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile at the Bowl Pep Rally......

Hope WSU is bringing a road game mentality.

If the fans already in San Antonio is any indication that stadium will probably be 75 % Cyclones, the rest WSU or neutral.

Hope WSU is bringing a road game mentality.

If the fans already in San Antonio is any indication that stadium will probably be 75 % Cyclones, the rest WSU or neutral.
Supposedly 60k stadium, my guess is 10k or less Cougs show up. Hopefully they hand out a hunch if crimson shirts to make the stands look better.

Also, to that end... ISU isn't travelling 45k fans. Maaaaaaybe 20kish.

Supposedly 60k stadium, my guess is 10k or less Cougs show up. Hopefully they hand out a hunch if crimson shirts to make the stands look better.

Also, to that end... ISU isn't travelling 45k fans. Maaaaaaybe 20kish.
Many ISU fans are not there yet. Most are driving to the game. DFW is a massive mess due to weather. Supposedly only Georgia and Texas have sold more for their games than ISU. ISU sold 14,000 through the school, but tons of fans purchased on their own.

Many ISU fans are not there yet. Most are driving to the game. DFW is a massive mess due to weather. Supposedly only Georgia and Texas have sold more for their games than ISU. ISU sold 14,000 through the school, but tons of fans purchased on their own.

What would you guess for Iowa State at the game ? 30K ?

Doesn’t mean the stadium is going to be packed and 80% cyclone fans. Will probably be like 25K cyclone fans to 12k Coug fans. the Cougs will certainly be prepared for a road game type environment, but it’s not like it will be some massive HFA.

What's your point?

What would you guess for Iowa State at the game ? 30K ?
30-35K. We took 25K to the crappy liberty bowl last year, and the Alamo is much bigger. Would not surprise me if we pick up 5K from local ISU alumni. There are 1000's of ISU engineers in Texas.

30-35K. We took 25K to the crappy liberty bowl last year, and the Alamo is much bigger. Would not surprise me if we pick up 5K from local ISU alumni. There are 1000's of ISU engineers in Texas.
Cool. Will probably be 75k ISU fans and 5K WSU fans. And the 5K WSU fans will turn on us by the end of the first quarter. Even though the stadium only seats 60k gonna be at least 80k ISU fans there.

Wow, low ball much?

Not sure if you heard, but they brought easily 200k to the pimple popper bowl last year.

OMG you've seen that show? I had never heard of it and stumbled across like a triple header repeat last week. OMG. This one guy had a big huge growth on his leg - they cut it open and it was like a gallon of cottage cheese coming out of the incision. Gross. Now I can't wait for the new season.

None of your attendance estimates factor in the thousands of Red Raiders riding in from the plains waiving money at CML to go back with them.

At least Tom Pounds should be there, waving 'Ol Crimson.

Don't mind the cranky fans. I'm personally impressed with the dedication of your fans. We were slightly outnumbered by Michigan State fans last year in our repeat trip to San Diego but I've never seen us dominated in terms of raw numbers like this. Don't worry though, we'll be loud regardless. I'm enjoying a giant Busch Light in honor of our matchup and then heading over to the dome. It's a long walk for me...our hotel is only 500' from the stadium

Don't mind the cranky fans. I'm personally impressed with the dedication of your fans. We were slightly outnumbered by Michigan State fans last year in our repeat trip to San Diego but I've never seen us dominated in terms of raw numbers like this. Don't worry though, we'll be loud regardless. I'm enjoying a giant Busch Light in honor of our matchup and then heading over to the dome. It's a long walk for me...our hotel is only 500' from the stadium

Enjoy the game Flat.

Doesn’t mean the stadium is going to be packed and 80% cyclone fans. Will probably be like 25K cyclone fans to 12k Coug fans. the Cougs will certainly be prepared for a road game type environment, but it’s not like it will be some massive HFA.

So you think that the attendance will only be 37 K ?

Here's a bet that is it over 65 K.

The tables tend to tip when one team has a day trip to the bowl and the other team has a 2000 mile trek, shitty ticket options from their own school, and a lack of flight options to the end destination.

Not exactly sure why attendance has become a fanbase dick swinging contest when it wasn't ever a contest at all.

Reactions: 79COUG
The tables tend to tip when one team has a day trip to the bowl and the other team has a 2000 mile trek, shitty ticket options from their own school, and a lack of flight options to the end destination.

Not exactly sure why attendance has become a fanbase dick swinging contest when it wasn't ever a contest at all.

Cause Iowa State likes Busch Light!

Everyone knew that ISU would outdraw us. Saying that I'm impressed is not an insult to our fans. If anything, I find it amusing that our fan base is so defensive.

Reactions: SDCoug
I was impressed with the display of stupidity (booing) on Hunter Dale injured shoulder tackle before half. I mean to have that many idiots booing at once wanting a helmet to helmet call while the defenders shoulder is laying outside is socket is pretty impressive.

I was impressed with the display of stupidity (booing) on Hunter Dale injured shoulder tackle before half. I mean to have that many idiots booing at once wanting a helmet to helmet call while the defenders shoulder is laying outside is socket is pretty impressive.
Their booing throughout the game was disgraceful. Honest question: wtf was that all about? Do B10 fanbases just boo everything all the time? I've been watching college football a long time and can't recall such antics by a fanbase, but I'm not everywhere all the time.

Reactions: Suudy
Their booing throughout the game was disgraceful. Honest question: wtf was that all about? Do B10 fanbases just boo everything all the time? I've been watching college football a long time and can't recall such antics by a fanbase, but I'm not everywhere all the time.
Can’t answer your question, but those two targeting calls put them in a surly mood for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Suudy
It definitely came through even on TV. By the middle of the 2nd quarter EVERY play was followed by vigorous booing by ISU.

Honestly though, having been to dozens of Coug games and watched hundreds more, it is the worst, least classy and least knowledgeable fans who seem to do the most booing and "BULLSH--" chanting during games.

It definitely came through even on TV. By the middle of the 2nd quarter EVERY play was followed by vigorous booing by ISU.

Honestly though, having been to dozens of Coug games and watched hundreds more, it is the worst, least classy and least knowledgeable fans who seem to do the most booing and "BULLSH--" chanting during games.
You lost me: are you saying ISU fans are the least classy and least knowledgeable, or that there are that type of fans everywhere?

You lost me: are you saying ISU fans are the least classy and least knowledgeable, or that there are that type of fans everywhere?
I'm saying two things:
  1. ISU fans sounded like they were booing on EVERY play. I've even gone and read their boards: many are graceful, but just as many ignore the fact that they skated on a false start TD, a 3rd targeting, extended drives and more. They're convinced they just got another boning by a somehow favored (!) WSU team?
  2. In my experience, the noisiest and least classy fans at a game - particularly as it pertains to the refs - are usually the least knowledgeable. When I was a student, throngs of drunk Greeks who didn't even see the play would be screaming BULLSH-T the moment a whistle blew.

The booing was based on the 2nd targeting call combined with their head coach getting assessed a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. They kept it going longer than they should, and to the point it got a little ridiculous, but you are lying to yourself if you don't think WSU fans haven't done similar things. The booing had nothing to do with WSU or its players.

The booing was based on the 2nd targeting call combined with their head coach getting assessed a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. They kept it going longer than they should, and to the point it got a little ridiculous, but you are lying to yourself if you don't think WSU fans haven't done similar things. The booing had nothing to do with WSU or its players.
They boo'd about half of the game, at practically anything.

They boo'd Borghi's td. Really?

Speak for yourself, but WSU fans don't act like that. That is a general state of being poor sports. Did we get super bent and give the mutts a Dasani shower after a bullshit call in the AC? Yup. Not proud, but yup.

Speak for yourself, but WSU fans don't act like that. That is a general state of being poor sports. Did we get super bent and give the mutts a Dasani shower after a bullshit call in the AC? Yup. Not proud, but yup.

Not so fast. There was some serious arm strength displayed on some of those heaves.

You must respect the athleticism required.

Take a step back and think back over the years about WSU fans and what we've done. We aren't "bad fans" by any stretch, but I saw the floor of Beasley Coliseum completely covered with paper airplanes during regulation because our fans were butthurt about a bad call. (I was one of those fans). I've seen our fans yell bullshit so loud and in unison that it was easy to hear on TV. I've seen our fans harass the crap out of visiting fans in Pullman. I've seen our fans cheer the injury of opposing players. Not all fans and not all the time, but every fan base has moments where they should be embarrassed.

As for the ISU fans.....yeah, the booing got a little ridiculous, but as I said before, the booing had nothing to do with our players at all. I was at the game and they were booing pretty much every moment that their team wasn't under center because they were pissed off at the calls. Every one of us on this board have done something similar or have a dozen friends who did.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
We had a player's mom harassing an ISU couple that were respectfully cheering on their team. My wife and I told her to stop, and she copped an attitude since her son is a walk on and she could behave however she wanted to....

Usher walked over and it came out that she wasn't in her seat/section, then finally left in a huff saying we all weren't real fans....

There was a home game this season that I know our fans booed for a good half quarter...

I did an informal count during the 100's of time outs during the game. The reported attendance was 60K. Looked to me like 35K were ISU. 15K (maybe a bit more) WSU. 10K others (I saw lots of Texas garb and fans of almost every midwestern/southwestern team at the game; more Huskies than you might believe; plus several thousand locals there "just because" and to watch the roughly 400 local high school band kids that did a short halftime performance. There was a family of 12-13 sitting right in front of me with a dad & a kid or two who were Cougs and a passel of Beavers and Ducks with them...wearing Beav and Duck gear. I ran into 6 different Cougs (3 couples; all who met at WSU) who were presently living in central Texas and of course couldn't miss the game, and knew of many others also attending that fit that description.

I'd have to say that overall this game was more fun than any of the Holiday Bowls, and I enjoyed those.

Take a step back and think back over the years about WSU fans and what we've done. We aren't "bad fans" by any stretch, but I saw the floor of Beasley Coliseum completely covered with paper airplanes during regulation because our fans were butthurt about a bad call. (I was one of those fans). I've seen our fans yell bullshit so loud and in unison that it was easy to hear on TV. I've seen our fans harass the crap out of visiting fans in Pullman. I've seen our fans cheer the injury of opposing players. Not all fans and not all the time, but every fan base has moments where they should be embarrassed.

As for the ISU fans.....yeah, the booing got a little ridiculous, but as I said before, the booing had nothing to do with our players at all. I was at the game and they were booing pretty much every moment that their team wasn't under center because they were pissed off at the calls. Every one of us on this board have done something similar or have a dozen friends who did.
Flat is this board's biggest ISU fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT