ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Hasan QB

gazooks2

Head Coach
Nov 3, 2008
It looks like a juco QB will be visiting the Palouse. He is a 6'4 210 with 4.7 speed.

It looks like a juco QB will be visiting the Palouse. He is a 6'4 210 with 4.7 speed.

Sounds like a legitimate dual-threat guy, certainly a little different that what Luke Falk provided the past 4 years.

So, if the Cougs reel in Mo Hasan (and who's gonna bet against CML when it comes to QB recruiting), the WSU spring depth chart will look like:

1. Trey Tinsley
2. Anthony Gordon
3. the kid from Bainbridge Island
4. Mo Hasan
5. Connor Neville
6. John Bledsoe
7. Cammon Cooper

Should draw a good crowd to Joe Albi for the Crimson & Gray game just for curiosity's sake.

Hasan was a preferred walk-on at Syracuse his freshman year. Thought he would get a scholarship after turning down other offers. When it didn't happen, he chose to transfer.

Glad Cougar

Hasan was a preferred walk-on at Syracuse his freshman year. Thought he would get a scholarship after turning down other offers. When it didn't happen, he chose to transfer.

Glad Cougar

Good info, Glad.

Can't imagine Mo H. taking anything less than a full scholarship offer this time around – especially with so many FBS programs seeking immediate help at QB.

He was on an academic scholarship and said he was led to believe that he would be converted to and athletic scholarship. When that was not going to happen he transferred to a juco.

Syracuse as a PWO was his only P5 option out of high school. He was told his performance would not unfortunately lead to a scholarship. I have noted his listed weight as 183 and 190. Tall, skinny, smart. He actually had an academic scholarship at Syracuse. They just couldn’t use him on the field. Our end-of-cycle recruiting looks a lot like reaching down rather than up.

Unless we can get the intriguing prospect from Penn State we have 5 QB’s on campus.......

No disrespect to this Syracuse kid, but he would have to be significantly better than the young guns on our roster for this to make sense. I'd rather rebuild with youth unless we can land a serious upgrade through the JC/grad transfer channels.

Just say NO to MO.

Like others have said, I don't think he brings enough to the table compared to what we already have. Leach is also very emphatic about accuracy being important. He has said: "If a quarterback isn't accurate, you shouldn't recruit him." But if he is visiting, who knows.
I do like the Penn St. dude who has 2 years left.

53.8% completion rate, 4 tds, 5 ints,
stats from last year at JC,

Maybe Mo H. was injured for part of the season or perhaps the OC really emphasized the ground game?

Either way, there’s a reason USA Today called CML the “Quarterback Whisperer” a few years back.

If Mike Leach says WSU needs a particular recruit to run the Coug offense, who in his right mind would argue?

Maybe Mo H. was injured for part of the season or perhaps the OC really emphasized the ground game?

Either way, there’s a reason USA Today called CML the “Quarterback Whisperer” a few years back.

If Mike Leach says WSU needs a particular recruit to run the Coug offense, who in his right mind would argue?

I've said before that we should defer to Leach's judgement because that's what we pay him to do......but it looks like he might have a lot of whispering to do.

Reactions: earldacoug
Mo would be coming in as a PWO.

Interesting clarification that Mo will/would be joining the Cougars as a preferred walk-on — particularly since he departed Syracuse, apparently, to remove himself from a very similar situation.

So to update, here are Coach Leach's options (listed by class since none have taken a WSU snap yet):

Redshirt Juniors
Anthony Gordon
Trey Tinsley
Tommy Stevens (Penn State transfer)?

Redshirt Sophomores
Bainbridge Island kid
Mo Hasan (JuCo transfer)?

Redshirt Freshmen
Connor Neville
John Bledsoe

Freshman
Cammon Cooper

Lots of options for CML, but like T-Town indicated, the herd may be thinned out by the time preseason practice starts in Lewiston.

Really interested myself to see how Connor Neville does.

Those guys at Brand X must have written 100 stories raving about his talent once he committed to the Cougs.

Heck, I think even the fat guy who writes for Brand X's Washington site said some good things about Neville.

Don't be surprised if Bledsoe emerges from the group. No inside info, just a hunch based on that comment I read that TH was mentoring Bledsoe this past season. Perhaps he was mentoring all other young QBs, and I may be reading more into it than I should.

Glad Cougar

Only played in 5 games with a huge gap in the middle....so probably injury. Coffeyville only threw 291 times vs 461 rushes...so- not to much opportunity. Old Coffy only won 4 games this year.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/2126665/Anthony-Mo-Hasan

Interesting clarification that Mo will/would be joining the Cougars as a preferred walk-on — particularly since he departed Syracuse, apparently, to remove himself from a very similar situation.

So to update, here are Coach Leach's options (listed by class since none have taken a WSU snap yet):

Redshirt Juniors
Anthony Gordon
Trey Tinsley
Tommy Stevens (Penn State transfer)?

Redshirt Sophomores
Bainbridge Island kid
Mo Hasan (JuCo transfer)?

Redshirt Freshmen
Connor Neville
John Bledsoe

Freshman
Cammon Cooper

Lots of options for CML, but like T-Town indicated, the herd may be thinned out by the time preseason practice starts in Lewiston.

Really interested myself to see how Connor Neville does.

Those guys at Brand X must have written 100 stories raving about his talent once he committed to the Cougs.

Heck, I think even the fat guy who writes for Brand X's Washington site said some good things about Neville.

That would be ORSON FETTERS, the buffet line behemoth.
Beaver-Fetters.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT