ADVERTISEMENT

Mulling over DC position

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
I’m thinking Malik Roberson or Jody Sears would be a good fit. Throw 300 k at either of them and I think we’d stay a top 15 D. I’ve seen enough of them in the past to know they have the Xs and Os down and can recruit the lights out. Everywhere they’ve been they’ve been successful. If not them then maybe Jason Gesser as he knows the team.

I’m thinking Malik Roberson or Jody Sears would be a good fit. Throw 300 k at either of them and I think we’d stay a top 15 D. I’ve seen enough of them in the past to know they have the Xs and Os down and can recruit the lights out. Everywhere they’ve been they’ve been successful. If not them then maybe Jason Gesser as he knows the team.

Uh, no, no and no. CML does not need to dip down to D1-AA to find coaches. And Gesser as DC? Is this a typo?

Jason Gessar is knowledgible. Has been around Pac12 and knows how to run an offense this means he could be an offensive coordinater or someone who shuts them down. Plus he’s a cuog so he can recruit.

6-9 beers sounds about right. I actually would like to see Leach hire Gesser as the 10th coach. DC not so much.

We just can’t keep resetting our D every couple years. We need consistency over performances like Allen Grinch. 2 Years then bolt. I would even think about Wulff if we could get him to stay for 5+ Years.

We just can’t keep resetting our D every couple years. We need consistency over performances like Allen Grinch. 2 Years then bolt. I would even think about Wulff if we could get him to stay for 5+ Years.

Your ideas about your alum coaches is what is wrong with college football. The best available needs to be hired. If they are alum, so be it. Not hire because they are alum.

Paul Wulff is part of Project Genesis - the restart of football at Gonzaga.

Jason Gessar is knowledgible. Has been around Pac12 and knows how to run an offense this means he could be an offensive coordinater or someone who shuts them down. Plus he’s a cuog so he can recruit.
You’ve got to be joking Gesser is a great coug and ambassador for the program and MAYBE a QB coach to future OC. But a DC? CMon Man!!!

Reactions: Cougzz
I also think they should look at Mike Levensellar. He knows the ins and outs and could stop an offense dead in its tracks. His son could come on too as assistant.

Well played :). Some people actually bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT