ADVERTISEMENT

Mutts big favorites

Nusser on Brand Y was saying the same about our D to Zona fans before played them. He ate crow afterwards.

Arizona didn't lay it to our defense with trickeration. They laid it to our defense by having the second coming of Vince Young at QB. There's not a player on UW's roster that poses that kind of threat.

ALL KAPS KEVIN is really a piece of work. Guy isn't fit to set foot in a UW classroom, but he comes to his archrivals' board, keys in on a thread where the OP, myself and others reluctantly agree that UW deserves to be favored until we prove otherwise, and is on a mission to blow us all up for our alleged disrespect.

The point of my post was clearly that the Huskies deserve to be favorites until proven otherwise, and ALL KAPS KEVIN zooms in on the subtlest perceived slight in a post that would flatter real Huskies, apparently intent on defending their honor. Does this dude think he's a moderator on our board, that he will have final say on all WSU commentary on Husky football?

Kev, the toilets need cleaning! You're a pest - now get lost!
This guy is triggered. He can't stand being wrong.

Well for one a defense that sneaky Pete isn't going to be able to expose with his trickeration. I have a good feeling if he tries that shit it's going to explode in his face, and I hope he does. UW has not seen a D like ours this year...not even close. We've RECENTlY seen two comparable defense's to UW, Stanford and Utah.

It's right there for the taking
Please provide examples of "his trickeration" this year.
A D not even close to wizzu's huh? wizzu's is THAT much better than Stanford's and Utah's?.....also two teams UW has seen "RECENTIY" (sic).
Coug90 really needs to qualify their crazy-ass comments. Opinion is different than reality.

Arizona didn't lay it to our defense with trickeration. They laid it to our defense by having the second coming of Vince Young at QB. There's not a player on UW's roster that poses that kind of threat.

I should have been more specific. I was referring to this part in particular..."UW has not seen a D like ours this year...not even close."

Please provide examples of "his trickeration" this year.
A D not even close to wizzu's huh? wizzu's is THAT much better than Stanford's and Utah's?.....also two teams UW has seen "RECENTIY" (sic).
Coug90 really needs to qualify their crazy-ass comments. Opinion is different than reality.
Sure, what UW did against Cal two months ago is all that matters now. How stuuupid of me.

As for reality? Stanford and Utah both punched UW in the face the last two weeks. WSUs defense completely owned both of those teams and made them look silly.

And apologies for my opinions I forgot message boards were only for statisticians.

Hopefully the Cougars can stuff "Wizzer" Kevin back under his rock with a big WSU win.
Regardless I am always proud to be a Cougar win or lose!

Sure, what UW did against Cal two months ago is all that matters now. How stuuupid of me.

As for reality? Stanford and Utah both punched UW in the face the last two weeks. WSUs defense completely owned both of those teams and made them look silly.

And apologies for my opinions I forgot message boards were only for statisticians.
I never said the Cal/UW game was all that mattered. Stop spinning. #fakenews

Reality......

1) Putting up 477 yards on Utah is getting punched in the face? Winning the game is getting punched in the face? Losing by one score on the road to a well coached team who we all know gets better as the season goes on each and every year is getting punched in the face?

2) WSU's defense "completely owned" Stanford yet wizzu won by 3 points at home. Owned Utah, but won by one score while attaining 7 turnovers. Also got out-gained by Utah despite Utah constantly giving the ball to wizzu and wizzu having the ball for 6 more minutes. But that is all COMPLETELY OWNING!

Wow, you have a very interesting 'opinion' on reality. Spin doctor.

Reality......

1) Putting up 477 yards on Utah is getting punched in the face? Winning the game is getting punched in the face? Losing by one score on the road to a well coached team who we all know gets better as the season goes on each and every year is getting punched in the face?

2) WSU's defense "completely owned" Stanford yet wizzu won by 3 points at home. Owned Utah, but won by one score while attaining 7 turnovers. Also got out-gained by Utah despite Utah constantly giving the ball to wizzu and wizzu having the ball for 6 more minutes. But that is all COMPLETELY OWNING!

I would say it's pretty fair to say a defense "owned" an offense if they forced 7 turnovers. And Stanford scored 14 points against WSU (the offense gave up a score).

Again, fair to say that's "owning" an opponent defensively.

And yes, in that same vein, I would say UW's defense has "owned" the Cougs the last 2 seasons.

I would say it's pretty fair to say a defense "owned" an offense if they forced 7 turnovers. And Stanford scored 14 points against WSU (the offense gave up a score).

Again, fair to say that's "owning" an opponent defensively.

And yes, in that same vein, I would say UW's defense has "owned" the Cougs the last 2 seasons.
Fair enough. I am just trying to understand wizzu logic. I see where you're going, but to me "owning" would include winning by way more than one score. Kinda like a 28 point Apple Cup win last year and a 35 point Apple Cup win the year before (since you brought them up).

What's the cut-off then? Where do you draw the line?

I don't know. Who cares?

My point is, pointing out our relative performance against Stanford would be more predictive than, say, Oregon St.

Although, in college football, it's so matchup based, that common opponents aren't really predictive at all anyway. We've matched up really well against Stanford the last 3 seasons, whereas UW has been a terrible matchup for us.

Fair enough. I am just trying to understand wizzu logic. I see where you're going, but to me "owning" would include winning by way more than one score. Kinda like a 28 point Apple Cup win last year and a 35 point Apple Cup win the year before (since you brought them up).

I thought we were just discussing defensive "ownership".

Wasn't that the initial comment that spawned this sub conversation?

I don't know. Who cares?

My point is, pointing out our relative performance against Stanford would be more predictive than, say, Oregon St.

Although, in college football, it's so matchup based, that common opponents aren't really predictive at all anyway. We've matched up really well against Stanford the last 3 seasons, whereas UW has been a terrible matchup for us.
We agree then. You can't measure things assuming they're completely equitable. You need to talk some sense into some of your fellow wizzu bros.
Take note, though, the UA loss was one week before the SU win (in case some folks are still looking at the 'when').

I thought we were just discussing defensive "ownership".

Wasn't that the initial comment that spawned this sub conversation?
Yup, and, defensive ownership generally results in a drubbing on the scoreboard. Except in this case when you're a wizzu fan I suppose and you try to spin a one score win into ownership.

Reality......

????? Huh? Wizzu is about all you spew that makes sense. And fingerdisco is the only one that's made sense of that. If you are gonna camp out here at least bring some substance.

????? Huh? Wizzu is about all you spew that makes sense. And fingerdisco is the only one that's made sense of that. If you are gonna camp out here at least bring some substance.
Wow. What a great response, Coug90. Geesh, you're way better than that. So disappointed after all these years this is all you got. Happy Thanksgiving.

Looks like Donny came around and pissed on every post last night, must be trying to mark his territory.

Careful now. Little Kevin is armed and dangerous...

kevbright.jpeg

Reactions: KEVINANDERSON
Well for one a defense that sneaky Pete isn't going to be able to expose with his trickeration. I have a good feeling if he tries that shit it's going to explode in his face, and I hope he does. UW has not seen a D like ours this year...not even close. We've RECENTlY seen two comparable defense's to UW, Stanford and Utah.

It's right there for the taking
You're right - they haven't seen a D like WSU's...."not even close".

Reactions: Coug90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT