ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit

How do you limit NIL$ when it doesn’t flow thru the schools? How do you limit NIL $ with the court already saying you can’t stop kids from making $? How do you have a “development” program when kids leave after a year?

These are trying times for WSU. The captain of the ship (Chun), needs to have a great plan to help his department navigate thru this.

I share your concerns about the new commish. He took over a mess. His hands may be tied by the presidents tho refusing to let some schools in. UNLV is an obvious choice. SDSU is too. Not much else left for big markets and tier one or close to it schools tho.
Well the NCAA had rules in place banning shit like NIL's, then they opened Pandora's box. I dunno, Congress is looking at it now. But yeah - I'm too lazy to go back to the thread where I looked up the San Diego and Vegas TV markets, but they are right up there and bigger than much of the Big-12's. I mean WTH? SDSU just built a new stadium, Vegas plays in the Raiders stadium. F-ing Pac 10 Presidents and AD's need to wake up to today's realities. Another reason why I am not a Chun or a Shulz fan. Get your heads out of the G-dam sand.

Reactions: 79COUG
Well the NCAA had rules in place banning shit like NIL's, then they opened Pandora's box. I dunno, Congress is looking at it now. But yeah - I'm too lazy to go back to the thread where I looked up the San Diego and Vegas TV markets, but they are right up there and bigger than much of the Big-12's. I mean WTH? SDSU just built a new stadium, Vegas plays in the Raiders stadium. F-ing Pac 10 Presidents and AD's need to wake up to today's realities. Another reason why I am not a Chun or a Shulz fan. Get your heads out of the G-dam sand.

Chun and Schulz both suck.

Reactions: 702coug
I'm kinda mixed on Chun and Schultz. More thinking they suck, but it also seems like they just don't have any balls... or they fear everyone else's

People can shit on Moos but if he called the phone was answered. Chun? Straight to voicemail, not called back. There is enormous value for WSU in having people with strong industry reputations.

Reactions: Cougini5591
This board has had a fascinating culture for as long as I've been on it, which is about 15 years at this point.

Absolutely borderline insane levels of personal attacks, up to and including assault, doxxing people, attacking peoples' families, etc., peaking in the Wulff years, as I recall. Even when not rising to that level, for years, it was wild how no matter what the topic, and almost always would wind up being some kind of Wulff debate, even years after he was gone.

The overall tone always has been really negative and confrontational, even in better times and when things weren't at peak dysfunctionality. Things on here have been a lot better in recent years than they used to be, subject to the board being insane during the COVID years and pre-2020 election for all the reasons you'd expect.

The football discussion on here always has been by far the best real WSU football discussion you could get, for free or otherwise, but especially for free, subject to you needing to filter a bit sometimes. Brand X always has just had a lower general level of mental horsepower among its premium members, and the premium board is the only place any semblance of discussion takes place. Half the threads on the premium board are exhortations to donate, and most of the rest are Pollyanna bullshit. I was a premium member for a long time but just dropped it a few years ago. On Brand Y, few comment at all, and the few who do typically don't contribute anything substantive.

(I am not knocking the actual purveyors of Brand X or Y here -- at least to the extent others do -- as they work pretty hard to provide decent content, subject to Brand X being a bit like Pravda sometimes and Brand Y leaning too heavily toward a Millennial / Gen Z social issues blog instead of a sports blog. Just saying the commenters don't add anything like the actual football discussion value that is and always has been here if you filter a bit.)

This board has had a fascinating culture for as long as I've been on it, which is about 15 years at this point.

Absolutely borderline insane levels of personal attacks, up to and including assault, doxxing people, attacking peoples' families, etc., peaking in the Wulff years, as I recall. Even when not rising to that level, for years, it was wild how no matter what the topic, and almost always would wind up being some kind of Wulff debate, even years after he was gone.

The overall tone always has been really negative and confrontational, even in better times and when things weren't at peak dysfunctionality. Things on here have been a lot better in recent years than they used to be, subject to the board being insane during the COVID years and pre-2020 election for all the reasons you'd expect.

The football discussion on here always has been by far the best real WSU football discussion you could get, for free or otherwise, but especially for free, subject to you needing to filter a bit sometimes. Brand X always has just had a lower general level of mental horsepower among its premium members, and the premium board is the only place any semblance of discussion takes place. Half the threads on the premium board are exhortations to donate, and most of the rest are Pollyanna bullshit. I was a premium member for a long time but just dropped it a few years ago. On Brand Y, few comment at all, and the few who do typically don't contribute anything substantive.

(I am not knocking the actual purveyors of Brand X or Y here -- at least to the extent others do -- as they work pretty hard to provide decent content, subject to Brand X being a bit like Pravda sometimes and Brand Y leaning too heavily toward a Millennial / Gen Z social issues blog instead of a sports blog. Just saying the commenters don't add anything like the actual football discussion value that is and always has been here if you filter a bit.)
POY right here....

What am I backpedaling from? I feel sorry for you the same way I feel sorry for an old lady that needs help crossing the street.

Told you before, I wouldn’t change my plans for some clown on a chat board who whines he’s being picked on because of a random joke. I will be at most of the FB games, you feel the need to find me and try to make me “earn my words” have at it.
Biggest tough guy gets his widdle feelies huwt on de interwebs by a big meanie who called him a name. Now big bad tough guy gonna beat you up.

$100 says biggs is about 5'6", 350lbs. You wouldn't have to fight him, just let him chase you around the car twice and he'd be bent over gasping for air.

Reactions: LeachPack

Out of the 30 or so consistent posters, about 25 can do so without constantly resorting to personal attacks. The same 5 bad actors do the same shit in every thread, ad nauseum. Its like going to the gym for pick-up basketball and there's always the one guy who plays "tough" defense by hacking the living shit out of everyone and in general playing way too physical for a pick up game. He's the guy that come up elbows flying after grabbing a rebound. You know who I'm talking about. That guy.

There are some posters who were semi-regular during the Leach heyday (geez, typing that reminded me that he's gone... all too soon, RIP coach) that decided to run for the hills during the Rolo/ Covid dumpster fire that this board became, which is too bad because it was nice to get some additional perspective/ input on the board instead of hearing the same takes from the same guys. If you're reading this and you're lurking, come back! Put the bad actors on ignore!

Biggest tough guy gets his widdle feelies huwt on de interwebs by a big meanie who called him a name. Now big bad tough guy gonna beat you up.

$100 says biggs is about 5'6", 350lbs. You wouldn't have to fight him, just let him chase you around the car twice and he'd be bent over gasping for air.
Do you need my address to send the $100 to?

I met Biggs once, many years ago. Dunno about the 350 pounds (he was pretty large back then), but he's way taller than 5'6".

Let's let this scuffle go and get back to Coug talk. And as always, I preach poster amnesia. Many on this board have hurled insults at me, but I don't keep track or remember who said what. It's on to the next topic.

I met Biggs once, many years ago. Dunno about the 350 pounds (he was pretty large back then), but he's way taller than 5'6".

Let's let this scuffle go and get back to Coug talk. And as always, I preach poster amnesia. Many on this board have hurled insults at me, but I don't keep track or remember who said what. It's on to the next topic.
Oh man, glad you lived to tell the tale! Must have been harrowing to be around such a menacing, harrowing threat to all mankind! You must have really minded your p's and q's!

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs

You will lose that $100. Send it to CougEd who I have known in real life for almost 25 years. Same for Stretch and spongebob.

But thanks for showing up to shit on me and add zero football discussion.

Out of the 30 or so consistent posters, about 25 can do so without constantly resorting to personal attacks. The same 5 bad actors do the same shit in every thread, ad nauseum. Its like going to the gym for pick-up basketball and there's always the one guy who plays "tough" defense by hacking the living shit out of everyone and in general playing way too physical for a pick up game. He's the guy that come up elbows flying after grabbing a rebound. You know who I'm talking about. That guy.

There are some posters who were semi-regular during the Leach heyday (geez, typing that reminded me that he's gone... all too soon, RIP coach) that decided to run for the hills during the Rolo/ Covid dumpster fire that this board became, which is too bad because it was nice to get some additional perspective/ input on the board instead of hearing the same takes from the same guys. If you're reading this and you're lurking, come back! Put the bad actors on ignore!

You are the bad actor.

You will lose that $100. Send it to CougEd who I have known in real life for almost 25 years. Same for Stretch and spongebob.

But thanks for showing up to shit on me and add zero football discussion.
Everytime you make a tough guy threat on the internet, like a 13 year old child, I'll be there to "shit on you". Sometimes... just sometimes... people deserve to be shit on when their actions merit it. You talk about not sticking to football takes and spend half your time threatening to beat people up - grow the fck up. Take your own advice and hit the ignore button.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Everytime you make a tough guy threat on the internet, like a 13 year old child, I'll be there to "shit on you". Sometimes... just sometimes... people deserve to be shit on when their actions merit it. You talk about not sticking to football takes and spend half your time threatening to beat people up - grow the fck up. Take your own advice and hit the ignore button.

Revenge of the turds!!!!

I don’t disagree with most of this, but I’m going to reach back further. There were great discussions of actual football when I first found this board in ~2001-02. Lots of posters who really had good insights. The great debates over Brink-Swogger were the early signs of issues, those had a longer life than they deserved but weren’t venomous, for the most part. The departure of Doba and hiring of Wulf created more cracks, and the wheels started coming off soon after. A lot of those earlier posters just stopped showing up (maybe some of them died off IRL, I don’t know). Replacing Wulff with Leach inexplicably spiked the venom. Diversions into non-football and personal attacks have increased continuously since - a lot of what is everyday now never would have been tolerated in my first 10 years here.
And, like every other facet of our lives now, the personal and the “if you don’t agree, you’re an idiot” really took off after 2016.
Sad, really…and a contributor to the fact that CFB isn’t as much fun as it used to be.

Reactions: ATACFD
Seriously, What's the 50 bucks good for?
Good question. Could you go trolling on Aurora Avenue with it? Dinner for two at McDonalds? Couple hours of bowling? A pitcher of beer at Northlake Tavern to go with your $100 cheese pizza? Topping off the tank of your Honda 350cc?

Reactions: froropmkr72
Good question. Could you go trolling on Aurora Avenue with it? Dinner for two at McDonalds? Couple hours of bowling? A pitcher of beer at Northlake Tavern to go with your $100 cheese pizza? Topping off the tank of your Honda 350cc?

Unfortunately, North Lake Tavern is no more. There is a Youtube channel featuring the Ladies of the Evening on Aurora, however.

Last edited:
This is in response to some posts above saying people are getting scared off this board...

I lurk here and read this site almost every day. Been doing that for over 15 years. Finally joined to post around 2015. But I still don't post much and usually only during football season. My choice- not because I'm offended by anyone here. Too much has happened to me in real life to get offended by trivialities here.

And if I ever say anything here to make anyone want to fight me,.....well I would be a really boring match. I'm 62 years old and too much of my muscle has turned to flab :).
I would however buy everyone here a beer.

Btw I do think that Biggs is right that the only way this guy possibly sees the field is if he gains at least 30 pounds and plays TE. Not harshing on the guy, not everyone has D1 talent. It's ok. But hey if he proves me wrong great!!

ps-I press the like button on posts that I agree with but also sometimes on posts that I don't agree with-- if I think the person has put in some thought and effort and made a decent argument. We don't have to always agree....

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with most of this, but I’m going to reach back further. There were great discussions of actual football when I first found this board in ~2001-02. Lots of posters who really had good insights. The great debates over Brink-Swogger were the early signs of issues, those had a longer life than they deserved but weren’t venomous, for the most part. The departure of Doba and hiring of Wulf created more cracks, and the wheels started coming off soon after. A lot of those earlier posters just stopped showing up (maybe some of them died off IRL, I don’t know). Replacing Wulff with Leach inexplicably spiked the venom. Diversions into non-football and personal attacks have increased continuously since - a lot of what is everyday now never would have been tolerated in my first 10 years here.
And, like every other facet of our lives now, the personal and the “if you don’t agree, you’re an idiot” really took off after 2016.
Sad, really…and a contributor to the fact that CFB isn’t as much fun as it used to be.
It's followed the same path and is a microcosm of our society as a whole. The days of respecting each other's opinion and valuing intelligent discourse are gone.
And I too have been here since the days of GBC.
Great post 95.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT