ADVERTISEMENT

New topic - athletes betting on games

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Just read an ESPN article on a big investigation about multiple athletes betting on Iowa games. My reaction is "so what?" Same as I feel about Pete Rose. As long as you are betting for your team to win, why is this this such a sin? Hell it's a motivator to play harder. These rules are wacko, IMHO. And I don't even gamble on anything.

Edit - heh - after I posted I saw that I had posted the same thing in May. Goddam dementia......

Just read an ESPN article on a big investigation about multiple athletes betting on Iowa games. My reaction is "so what?" Same as I feel about Pete Rose. As long as you are betting for your team to win, why is this this such a sin? Hell it's a motivator to play harder. These rules are wacko, IMHO. And I don't even gamble on anything.

Edit - heh - after I posted I saw that I had posted the same thing in May. Goddam dementia......
I sort of agree, but at the same time it’s probably best that they don’t bet on their games at all. It removes any question about their level of effort.

Reactions: HCoug
The betting rules are supposed to protect the integrity of the game, yet here we are with networks and conferences colluding to destroy another conference, players are getting paid upfront to go play at schools and can transfer where they want, when they want (and for however much they want) with impunity, all while the NCAA suspends Jim Harbaugh for buying a kid a hamburger...

The betting rules are supposed to protect the integrity of the game, yet here we are with networks and conferences colluding to destroy another conference, players are getting paid upfront to go play at schools and can transfer where they want, when they want (and for however much they want) with impunity, all while the NCAA suspends Jim Harbaugh for buying a kid a hamburger...
Well summarized hypocrisy of college sports.

Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT