ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft and Cougs

Willis falls to where the Hawks can, should take him in 3rd Round. If they don't take him, Hawks should take Abe that available.

Willis falls to where the Hawks can, should take him in 3rd Round. If they don't take him, Hawks should take Abe that available.

Huh, I thought Hawks picked 8th in 3rd Round, not bears. Guess whoever said that Hawks pick 8th in 3rd round is wrong.

WTH, Ridder went over Willis, who now might slide to Hawks at near the top of 4th round.

WTH, Ridder went over Willis, who now might slide to Hawks at near the top of 4th round.
I’d like to see them do something about pass rush before taking Willis, but if he’s still there in the 4th-5th round, there’s value and upside in taking him, and there’s no obligation to start him. I still wouldn’t count out the Mayfield trade though.

I’d like to see them do something about pass rush before taking Willis, but if he’s still there in the 4th-5th round, there’s value and upside in taking him, and there’s no obligation to start him. I still wouldn’t count out the Mayfield trade though.
No way Willis, Corral Slide to 5th, 6th round.

If Willis is available to Hawks, in the 4th, STEAL.

For all the DT's, LB's, that have gone in draft, lots of good DE's and CB's left, that can easily be taken by the Hawks near the top of 5th round.

So Willis Round 4, DE, CB Round 5, WR round 6, etc.

No obligation to Start him, but Willis as a starter is better then Geno, Drew Lock.

It’s Ok. Corral & Howell are still there.
Knowing the Hawks luck, they won't be, or they fail to take them, and Corral, Howell are NOT better then Geno, Lock(As bad as they are), in the short term, Unlike Willis, who IS better then Geno, Lock.

Seattle going to be STUCK with Geno, Lock or a PROJECT that not better, and so might as well purposely punt, tank try for top 3 pick next season, which is what the Hawks might be trying to do, what with all the bad picks, except the 2 OL.

And Corral gone, and soon Sam Howell soon to go to some other team Not named the Seahawks.

Hawks Fcked for 1,2, maybe 3 years now.

No way is Sam Howell not going to picked within the next 9 compensatory picks + 7 picks before the Hawks.

No way is Sam Howell not going to picked within the next 9 compensatory picks + 7 picks before the Hawks.
Only 3 more to go…by teams who don’t really need QBs. If Tampa bay doesn’t take him, he’ll be there for the Seahawks.

But I still think they should go pass rush instead of QB.

Only 3 more to go…by teams who don’t really need QBs. If Tampa bay doesn’t take him, he’ll be there for the Seahawks.

Well since it is Sam Howell, instead of Willis, tho Hawks NEED QB that better then, could start over Geno, Drew Lock(Not Howell(Willis would have), then really either way, whether Howell or a DE Hawks FCKed at least until next draft, where the Hawks can again blow it,just like this draft.

Well at least get to see Abe. Too bad its on the sucky Hawks.

They helped the offense a lot. Cross and Abe could be bookends for the next 10 years. The back from MSU can play. 4.38 speed is strong.

They draft at the top of the 4th. Looking at the “best available” on cbssports… tons of OL lol. They prob need to get a corner or DT. Although y’all know me… 5 OL per draft should be good lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CougSinceBirth

The Hawks now have Abe Lucas on board and can now get his opinion on the most important decision for the Hawks at the moment: Gabrub or Guarantano?

And since no 6th round pick, or if Sam Howell was taken in 4th, 5th round, and since DUMB back to back CB picks, when they could have gotten 1 CB and Sam Howell, NO QB or No Sam Howell QB for Hawks.

Also taking the RB in second was Terrible. The RB was awesome. The problem is that for the last 7 to 13 years, you can get a good, great, awesome, etc, RB, in late, bottom of 3rd round,4,5, rounds.

Also since NFL going AIR RAID, and since a LOT of NFL RB's coming out of college, can get a RB 3,4,5,6 round, that you don't need to take a RB, 1st, 2nd round.

Also the Hawks RB is a just barely serviceable, ok RB, good enough that don't have to get a RB, 1st, 2nd round, to the point where you get a RB in the 3rd round at the Extreme highest.

And as examples as what I am talking about, BYU's RB, who was in the running for best RB in college, had about 3000 yards, about 40 TD's in his career, went 5th round. He is equal to and maybe better then Hawk's 2nd round RB pick.

And Tyson Chandler of North Carolina had about 1000+ yards, and 10+ TD's during the season, and the draft announcers said that he was one of the STEALS of the draft at mid 5th round. He is almost as good as the RB Hawks got, and the Hawks could have gotten Chandler rounds 3,4,5, and have gotten Willis and everyone else they got and met their needs.

Also with all the defense that went 1st round, top of 2nd round, there was every reason to think RB's, would slide to rounds 4,5,6, and they did.

Hawks could, should have spent that 2nd round pick on QB Willis, instead of a RB, and then spent 1 of their 4th, 5th round picks on a RB, instead of back to back CB's .

Or the Hawks could have gone OT, LB, second round, then taken the pick that spent on Abe, on Willis, then RB, 4th,5th rounds.

The LB pick 2nd round was ok, but should have gone with Dean, instead. Also good LB's went rounds 3,4,5, because of how deep LB class is, so could have gotten Willis, then gotten LB 3rd round.

Also Abe might have slid to top of 4th round, and even if he didn't, SO MANY GOOD GREAT, SEMI AWESOME(VERY DEEP OT CLASS), went in round 4, so could have gotten Willis instead of Abe, and then either gotten Abe in top of 4th round, or some other semi awesome OT in 4th round. If they had done that instead of the back to back CB's, and had gone 1 CB in round 5, and 1 CB or 1 WR in round 7.

Just SO MANY way the Hawks could, should, would have gotten all the needs they took care of AND while getting Willis.

And for that reason Hawks deserve a C, C-, D+ grade.

At least they the Hawks got Abe, as consolation, and Drew Lock will have plenty around him.

But Drew Lock is considered bad. Maybe Drew Lock will miracle surprise, and if so, he will have all the tools around him.

And even if doesn't the Hawks can get a top 4 pick for QB next draft and that QB would have all the tools around them.

But the Hawks could have EASILY done better and Should have done better and also gotten Willis AND the tools, needs taken care of.

And since no 6th round pick, or if Sam Howell was taken in 4th, 5th round, and since DUMB back to back CB picks, when they could have gotten 1 CB and Sam Howell, NO QB or No Sam Howell QB for Hawks.

Also taking the RB in second was Terrible. The RB was awesome. The problem is that for the last 7 to 13 years, you can get a good, great, awesome, etc, RB, in late, bottom of 3rd round,4,5, rounds.

Also since NFL going AIR RAID, and since a LOT of NFL RB's coming out of college, can get a RB 3,4,5,6 round, that you don't need to take a RB, 1st, 2nd round.

Also the Hawks RB is a just barely serviceable, ok RB, good enough that don't have to get a RB, 1st, 2nd round, to the point where you get a RB in the 3rd round at the Extreme highest.

And as examples as what I am talking about, BYU's RB, who was in the running for best RB in college, had about 3000 yards, about 40 TD's in his career, went 5th round. He is equal to and maybe better then Hawk's 2nd round RB pick.

And Tyson Chandler of North Carolina had about 1000+ yards, and 10+ TD's during the season, and the draft announcers said that he was one of the STEALS of the draft at mid 5th round. He is almost as good as the RB Hawks got, and the Hawks could have gotten Chandler rounds 3,4,5, and have gotten Willis and everyone else they got and met their needs.

Also with all the defense that went 1st round, top of 2nd round, there was every reason to think RB's, would slide to rounds 4,5,6, and they did.

Hawks could, should have spent that 2nd round pick on QB Willis, instead of a RB, and then spent 1 of their 4th, 5th round picks on a RB, instead of back to back CB's .

Or the Hawks could have gone OT, LB, second round, then taken the pick that spent on Abe, on Willis, then RB, 4th,5th rounds.

The LB pick 2nd round was ok, but should have gone with Dean, instead. Also good LB's went rounds 3,4,5, because of how deep LB class is, so could have gotten Willis, then gotten LB 3rd round.

Also Abe might have slid to top of 4th round, and even if he didn't, SO MANY GOOD GREAT, SEMI AWESOME(VERY DEEP OT CLASS), went in round 4, so could have gotten Willis instead of Abe, and then either gotten Abe in top of 4th round, or some other semi awesome OT in 4th round. If they had done that instead of the back to back CB's, and had gone 1 CB in round 5, and 1 CB or 1 WR in round 7.

Just SO MANY way the Hawks could, should, would have gotten all the needs they took care of AND while getting Willis.

And for that reason Hawks deserve a C, C-, D+ grade.

At least they the Hawks got Abe, as consolation, and Drew Lock will have plenty around him.

But Drew Lock is considered bad. Maybe Drew Lock will miracle surprise, and if so, he will have all the tools around him.

And even if doesn't the Hawks can get a top 4 pick for QB next draft and that QB would have all the tools around them.

But the Hawks could have EASILY done better and Should have done better and also gotten Willis AND the tools, needs taken care of.
I’m glad you’re not GM. You’re entirely too focused on Willis. The entire NFL decided he wasn’t worth a day 1 pick, and the Titans took him for depth and development…not to start.

Seahawks need RB depth. They don’t have a back who’s proven to be reliable, they’re both free agents after 2022, and one missed most of last season with an injury. No matter who they went with at QB, if they don’t have a running game, he’s screwed. You could argue the RB they took was a reach, but he wasn’t a big one.

They needed pass rush too, and the OLB they took in round 2 will help with that. Ojabo may have been a better choice, but he’s a risk due to his Achilles injury. Dean could also have been taken, but he also has an unresolved injury (just read that last night), and there are concerns about his longevity due to his size. He may end up being a massive steal for the Eagles, but he was a big risk at the early 2nd.

They made good OL picks. Period. There may have been some politics in taking Lucas as the local kid, I think it could be argued Raimann has more upside, but that’s a judgement call.

I would have liked to see them pick up a pass rushing DL earlier, but I can’t really point to which player they shouldn’t have taken, and Tyreke Smith could be a good pick in the 5th. Same issue with CB, they need help there…but I think they got guys with good upside in the middle rounds.

Overall I think they did a good job of satisfying needs and getting pieces in place to set someone up for success. Drew Lock and Geno Smith can battle it out for #1, and if neither can seize the position, they can draft a QB from a deeper class in 2023. Nobody really expects the Seahawks to be great this season, so they’re free to use this year as a “prove it” season for Lock/Smith and Penny in particular. And, all the guys they just picked will have a year of seasoning if they do draft a rookie QB next year.

If you look at how they used this draft to set up for the future, I’d say it’s in the B+/A- range.

I’m glad you’re not GM. You’re entirely too focused on Willis. The entire NFL decided he wasn’t worth a day 1 pick, and the Titans took him for depth and development…not to start.

Seahawks need RB depth. They don’t have a back who’s proven to be reliable, they’re both free agents after 2022, and one missed most of last season with an injury. No matter who they went with at QB, if they don’t have a running game, he’s screwed. You could argue the RB they took was a reach, but he wasn’t a big one.

They needed pass rush too, and the OLB they took in round 2 will help with that. Ojabo may have been a better choice, but he’s a risk due to his Achilles injury. Dean could also have been taken, but he also has an unresolved injury (just read that last night), and there are concerns about his longevity due to his size. He may end up being a massive steal for the Eagles, but he was a big risk at the early 2nd.

They made good OL picks. Period. There may have been some politics in taking Lucas as the local kid, I think it could be argued Raimann has more upside, but that’s a judgement call.

I would have liked to see them pick up a pass rushing DL earlier, but I can’t really point to which player they shouldn’t have taken, and Tyreke Smith could be a good pick in the 5th. Same issue with CB, they need help there…but I think they got guys with good upside in the middle rounds.

Overall I think they did a good job of satisfying needs and getting pieces in place to set someone up for success. Drew Lock and Geno Smith can battle it out for #1, and if neither can seize the position, they can draft a QB from a deeper class in 2023. Nobody really expects the Seahawks to be great this season, so they’re free to use this year as a “prove it” season for Lock/Smith and Penny in particular. And, all the guys they just picked will have a year of seasoning if they do draft a rookie QB next year.

If you look at how they used this draft to set up for the future, I’d say it’s in the B+/A- range.

You obviously misunderstood SOME parts of what I said.

Your right that the Hawks did get good tools, pieces, on both defense, offense to build around a QB, and THAT PART of the Hawks, draft does get a A-,B+.

BUT BUT BUT:

THEY DRAFTED A RB TO HIGH, and they would, could, should, have been EASILY able to get Willis AND ALL the EQUIVALENT pieces, tools, players to the players they got.

NOT saying that didn't need a RB, BUT BUT BUT a EQUAL RB( BYU's 3000 YARD, 40 TD, BEST RB IN NATION CANDIDATE) TO THE RB THEY GOT, GOT TAKEN IN THE FCKING 5TH ROUND.

THERE IS NO FCKING NEED TO TAKE A RB 1st or 2nd round, WHEN ALL THE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS TAKEN EARLY, ETC, MADE IT CLEAR THAT A 1ST ROUND, 2ND ROUND RB WAS GOING TO FCKING GO IN THE 4TH, 5TH ROUNDS.

Also Hawks already had a FIRST ROUND OT, COMBINED with that Abe or a EQUAL to ABE OT was going to be available in 4th round.

And your right that a CB pick was AWESOME, BUT BUT NOT back to back picks, and they would have GOTTEN A EQUAL CB TO THE 2 CB'S THEY GOT, IF THEY HADNT TAKEN BACK TO BACK CB's and taken the FIRST AWESOME CB, AND TAKEN THE 2ND AWESOME CB LATER, after taking Willis, or Howell.

THE POINT IS THAT THE HAWKS COULD, WOULD, SHOULD HAVE EASILY BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THEIR CAKE(gotten either all the same or same type of players or equivalent players that they got), AND BE ABLE TO EAT IT TOO(ALSO getting Willis or at least getting Sam Howell).

So the Hawks getting all the awesome parts, tools, pieces, players to build around a QB: GRADE A-,B+

Failing to do the above AND getting either Willis or Howell at the same time: GRADE C, C-, D+.

Composite combination of the 2 different grades:

Grade B, B-, C+

You obviously misunderstood SOME parts of what I said.

Your right that the Hawks did get good tools, pieces, on both defense, offense to build around a QB, and THAT PART of the Hawks, draft does get a A-,B+.

BUT BUT BUT:

THEY DRAFTED A RB TO HIGH, and they would, could, should, have been EASILY able to get Willis AND ALL the EQUIVALENT pieces, tools, players to the players they got.

NOT saying that didn't need a RB, BUT BUT BUT a EQUAL RB( BYU's 3000 YARD, 40 TD, BEST RB IN NATION CANDIDATE) TO THE RB THEY GOT, GOT TAKEN IN THE FCKING 5TH ROUND.

THERE IS NO FCKING NEED TO TAKE A RB 1st or 2nd round, WHEN ALL THE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS TAKEN EARLY, ETC, MADE IT CLEAR THAT A 1ST ROUND, 2ND ROUND RB WAS GOING TO FCKING GO IN THE 4TH, 5TH ROUNDS.

Also Hawks already had a FIRST ROUND OT, COMBINED with that Abe or a EQUAL to ABE OT was going to be available in 4th round.

And your right that a CB pick was AWESOME, BUT BUT NOT back to back picks, and they would have GOTTEN A EQUAL CB TO THE 2 CB'S THEY GOT, IF THEY HADNT TAKEN BACK TO BACK CB's and taken the FIRST AWESOME CB, AND TAKEN THE 2ND AWESOME CB LATER, after taking Willis, or Howell.

THE POINT IS THAT THE HAWKS COULD, WOULD, SHOULD HAVE EASILY BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THEIR CAKE(gotten either all the same or same type of players or equivalent players that they got), AND BE ABLE TO EAT IT TOO(ALSO getting Willis or at least getting Sam Howell).

So the Hawks getting all the awesome parts, tools, pieces, players to build around a QB: GRADE A-,B+

Failing to do the above AND getting either Willis or Howell at the same time: GRADE C, C-, D+.

Composite combination of the 2 different grades:

Grade B, B-, C+

Also Hawks could, should have easily been able to TRADE either, or combo of future not to low, not to high pick(s), and or player(s), and or cash, etc, UP for either a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round pick to be able to pick, get Willis AND all the awesome players they picked, just like the Tennessee Titans did( Grade A(Hawks should have followed, did their example)

Grade C-, D+, D,D-,F+ for NOT, FAILING TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT.

Also Hawks could, should have easily been able to TRADE either, or combo of future not to low, not to high pick(s), and or player(s), and or cash, etc, UP for either a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round pick to be able to pick, get Willis AND all the awesome players they picked, just like the Tennessee Titans did( Grade A(Hawks should have followed, did their example)

Grade C-, D+, D,D-,F+ for NOT, FAILING TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT.

IN OTHER WORDS THERE WAS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT, OR MEAT STILL LEFT ON THE BONE, ETC, IN THE HAWKS DRAFT PERFORMANCE.

I think they did very well

That does not mean that they could not do better.

Leach's awesome team's also did very well, and also had room for improvement, left meat on the bone, etc.

And others have not only rightfully pointed that out, but also gave great analysis on, about that.

Haven’t seen mentioned so far, but Borghi went undrafted. I’m sure he’ll get invited to a camp somewhere, but looks like another case where between optimism and bad advice, a Cougar RB who should have played another year has a tough road ahead.

Haven’t seen mentioned so far, but Borghi went undrafted. I’m sure he’ll get invited to a camp somewhere, but looks like another case where between optimism and bad advice, a Cougar RB who should have played another year has a tough road ahead.
I know I'll get roasted again, but IMHO Borghi has a very short shelf life; he had to roll the dice on himself or risk serious injury while NOT getting paid for it. I don't think he has the chops for the NFL outside of perhaps a Gleason-type role.

Signed with Colts.

Part of it was that this year's RB draft class, is just so deep, good, when BYU's 3000 yard 40 TD, best in Nation candidate RB, went 5th round.

Part of it is the Air Raidization of the NFL.

Part of it is that during the about last about 6 to 11 years that NFL teams have been consistently taking TOP RB's, later rounds.

And part of it was Borghi's injuries, and being the best in the open field.

And teams don't think Borghi is big enough to go between guard and tackle.

And NFL teams don't think he is fast enough.

As good as Borghi is with his blocking, pass catching, open field running, speed, power, downhill running, always falling forward for positive yards, not losing negative yards, etc, that's not enough by themselves combined with NFL team's perception of Borghi's weakness to be considered a top enough RB to go 2,3,4 in a normal draft, a drafted 5,6,7, in a draft like this year's draft.

Part of it was that this year's RB draft class, is just so deep, good, when BYU's 3000 yard 40 TD, best in Nation candidate RB, went 5th round.
With no RB selected in the 1st Round, a total of 17 running backs and one fullback were drafted in the 2022 NFL Draft. That is the second-fewest at the position selected in a draft in the last decade. The only year that was lower was the 2020 NFL Draft when 16 RBs were selected.

I know I'll get roasted again, but IMHO Borghi has a very short shelf life; he had to roll the dice on himself or risk serious injury while NOT getting paid for it. I don't think he has the chops for the NFL outside of perhaps a Gleason-type role.
You won’t get roasted from me. I woulda disagreed 2 years ago but something wasn’t right w Borghi last year. He was tentative, danced too much, went sideways too much instead of downhill how he was running before. It was very apparent if you were paying attention. I love Borghi, Coug legend, and hope he sticks with the Colts -I’ve seen him look like an NFL back before. That’s not who I saw last year though.

With no RB selected in the 1st Round, a total of 17 running backs and one fullback were drafted in the 2022 NFL Draft. That is the second-fewest at the position selected in a draft in the last decade. The only year that was lower was the 2020 NFL Draft when 16 RBs were selected.

That does Not invalidate that it was, is a good, deep, RB class.

Even the best RB class, of all time wouldn't have had very many RB's drafted, and would have only had about 17 to 20 to 23, etc, a low number drafted.

BYU's 3000 yard, 40 TD RB, that went 5th round, would have gone about top 6 picks of entire draft, and 1st round of draft, about 17 to 33 to 50 years ago.

If all the lots of defense hadn't gone in rounds 1,2,3, and all the 17 WR, hadn't gone in 1st 3 rounds, about 23 to 27 to 33 RB's, would have been drafted.

That's at least a semi good to good to semi great RB class, not a short, small, non deep RB class.

That does Not invalidate that it was, is a good, deep, RB class.

Even the best RB class, of all time wouldn't have had very many RB's drafted, and would have only had about 17 to 20 to 23, etc, a low number drafted.

BYU's 3000 yard, 40 TD RB, that went 5th round, would have gone about top 6 picks of entire draft, and 1st round of draft, about 17 to 33 to 50 years ago.

If all the lots of defense hadn't gone in rounds 1,2,3, and all the 17 WR, hadn't gone in 1st 3 rounds, about 23 to 27 to 33 RB's, would have been drafted.

That's at least a semi good to good to semi great RB class, not a short, small, non deep RB class.

That's why Hawk's 2nd round RB pick was too high of a RB pick.

That's why the Hawk's 2nd round RB was TOO high of a RB pick.

He skipped the bowl game to "prepare for draft" and then skipped running the 40.

Arby's had a tough Saturday in the PNW: Borghi went undrafted and Hope Solo entered alcohol rehab.

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
Taking the ‘L’ on this would have been a better look vs. digging your heels in on something that is making you look just silly.
If CPW was this resistant in taking L's, he might have finished 10-39 or even 11-38.

Blaming Doba for the Hawks draft would be easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT