ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Coordinator looking like Ben Arbuckle

Good hire?
I don't know, but I like the hire. We don't have the money to hire coaches with National cache, but we can bring a young, hungry coaching staff into living rooms. Dickert knows this guy, and together they can manage the defense. On the offensive side of the ball, we hired a young coach with a resume that shows the most explosive plays (from 2 different QBs) over the past two years.

We'll see how it plays out, but I like both moves at this point.

Reactions: kougkurt
If we're going to hire a FCS coordinator, I'll take a young, hungry one over one who seems to have hit his ceiling at that level. Remind you of anyone hired around, say, 2012?

Looks like Jimmy Rogers coached linebackers at SDSU while Dickert coached the safeties in 2016. I live in Jackrabbit country and there's a lot of excitement right now for the FCS Championship Game between SDSU and NDSU. I've watched quite a bit of South Dakota State on TV and their defense is solid, aggressive, and well prepared. Hope that translates to WSU.

Glad Cougar

I don’t know the kids relationship status, but can you imagine raking in 500-750k a year at 27 and living on campus. Sheesh

I think Arbuckle is getting 850k MINIMUM from WSU, as I don't think he would have accepted anything less then that.

Only 1 year as DC in FCS and we're going to hire him? Sorry, I just don't see enough on the resume yet for P5. Maybe he'll be fine, but he looks like a leap right now.
We don't need a big money DC. Spend the coin on the other side of the ball.

Only 1 year as DC in FCS and we're going to hire him? Sorry, I just don't see enough on the resume yet for P5. Maybe he'll be fine, but he looks like a leap right now.
and the fact that he looks like Chet O'Donnelly....the bully from Weird Science

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
Well Dickert is there for back up...

He’s been Co DC for years, and their defense has been incredibly disruptive. I believe Dickert will be mentoring him very closely with the idea he continue to build productive linebackers and learn the system. Essentially the same thing Ward was doing.

Reactions: 425cougfan
You guys should really get on Twitter more often. You can learn a lot from it. For those that don't want to or don't have time....I'll let you know what's going down. I didn't say Dickert was getting rid of anyone. Some coaches leave on their own accord. As of now I feel pretty confident saying Arbuckle will have a different OL coach and wr coach than Morris did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT