ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs Bruins

let them score quick....total waste of timeouts and a little too much bravado this week.......

sad. I don't care. well deserved loss
I'm with you. It's not even upsetting. I would been more disappointed if they won that game. They deserve to be the laughing stock of college football for the rest of the season for that effort. That team clearly needs an adjustment of some sort. I don't see how they could be over confident. They hadn't done anything of note up to this point.

Team stopped playing up 49-17. I knew it wasn’t over. With the Air Raid it’s never over. Nothing else you can say. One of the worst losses in Leach era.

Really don't want to take that D into a bowl game.

As bad as the defense was, only 5, yes only 5 OTs we win! Special teams give up 2 TDs to pile on. It was a TEAM collapse, which has happened before, when we least expected it under Leach - Cal, Montana State, EWU. Because it hasn't happened in a while, we were lulled into a false sense of security.

This might be the biggest choke I have ever seen in my 4 decades of being a Coug fan. How do you lose being up 49-17 midway in the 3rd quarter? Well we found a way.
That one fumble call to start our downhill slide when the receiver's elbow was clearly on the ground was a terrible call by the officials but the rest is on us.

Team stopped playing up 49-17. I knew it wasn’t over. With the Air Raid it’s never over. Nothing else you can say. One of the worst losses in Leach era.

You really can not blame the air raid on this one they actually ran the clock on their scores. This was all on the defense and so crazy turnovers.

I think more disappointing than the defense melting down was the offensive players carelessness. When the defense is clearly on the ropes, you can't be that casual with ball. You fighting for extra yards in the middle of the field with people all around, you have to wrap it up with both hands or go down. How many turn overs did we have? I couldn't count fast enough to keep up

I think more disappointing than the defense melting down was the offensive players carelessness. When the defense is clearly on the ropes, you can't be that casual with ball. You fighting for extra yards in the middle of the field with people all around, you have to wrap it up with both hands or go down. How many turn overs did we have? I couldn't count fast enough to keep up

This might be the biggest choke I have ever seen in my 4 decades of being a Coug fan. How do you lose being up 49-17 midway in the 3rd quarter? Well we found a way.
That one fumble call to start our downhill slide when the receiver's elbow was clearly on the ground was a terrible call by the officials but the rest is on us.

There is a down side to our talent gap. When kids are bigger, faster and stronger than you, and you give them a ray of hope, this can happen. Never happen under Price, only because he never punched above his talent weight, which Leach does every game. Price only won when he had superior talent, Leach wins consistently with guys that the big schools pass upon.

This loss in many ways is a relief . This was not going to ever be the kind of team where you wanted to sweat out the remaining games wondering whether they could win the division etc. . They win tonight and it would still be in play that maybe just maybe they can etc., when in the back of your mind you knew they could not.

Got all of that over early . 8 more game just to let it roll.

Last years' team was conference champion material or at least it was possible this bunch is not.

There is a down side to our talent gap. When kids are bigger, faster and stronger than you, and you give them a ray of hope, this can happen. Never happen under Price, only because he never punched above his talent weight, which Leach does every game. Price only won when he had superior talent, Leach wins consistently with guys that the big schools pass upon.

We didn't just give them a ray of hope. With 6 turnovers, and sloppy play we gave them the whole flippin' pot of gold at end of the rainbow. And yes you are correct when you do that to talented teams....you see what we saw.

Throw in 2 special team TDs and you have a team loss. Bad D, bad special teams and a ridiculous number of OTs on offense.

Really ... blaming only the defense when the offense turned the ball over 6, yes 6, times, and they had 2 special teams TDs, kinda ignores the big picture.

Reactions: ATACFD
This loss in many ways is a relief . This was not going to ever be the kind of team where your wanted to sweat out the remaining game on whether they could win the division etc. . They win tonight and it would still think maybe they can etc., when in the back of your mind you knew they could not.

Agreed. This season just turned into a lets see how many points we can score every game season. I wouldn't punt the rest of the year if I was Leach. I'd go full on Hank Gathers/Bo Kimble and do everything to get the ball back as quick as possible.

This loss in many ways is a relief . This was not going to ever be the kind of team where you wanted to sweat out the remaining games wondering whether they could win the division etc. . They win tonight and it would still be in play that maybe just maybe they can etc., when in the back of your mind you knew they could not.

Last years' team was conference champion material or at least it was possible this bunch is not.

Finally, some sense. Leach wins, but does not win championships. He is 0 for his career. Price won 4 championships but won sporadically. In Pullman, do you seriously expect both?

We didn't just give them a ray of hope. With 6 turnovers, and sloppy play we gave them the whole flippin' pot of gold at end of the rainbow. And yes you are correct when you do that to talented teams....you see what we saw.

Bingo, we have a winner. The Cougs look unbeatable, until the bigger, stronger guy, has the balls to pick themselves off the canvas, then we kinda look like Anthony Joshua!

Finally, some sense. Leach wins, but does not win championships. He is 0 for his career. Price won 4 championships but won sporadically. In Pullman, do you seriously expect both?
No it's impossible to have both in Pullman without a massive paradigm shift like having Urban Meyer take reigns. I much prefer the consistent winning over the sporadic stuff. With the sporadic winning years, you're always just around the corner from a 4/5 year dip of shitty teams to root for.

The only thing that would even remotely come close to making this game a tiny bit better to swallow, would be if it somehow woke up UCLA for the rest of the year and they won the south. I fully expect them to lose the rest of their games however. That's how we roll

I know it is cliche at this point to blame the blizzard against UW. But it is hard to not watch Minshew in the NFL and not think in different weather conditions in that game last year was Leach's championship type season. Huskies will scoff at that and let them, but like I say just watch Minshew against NFL types and you can not think he would have found a way to win that game if he could have had more than 10 yards of visibility.

I counted 14 points on special teams mess ups and 21 from short fields due to turnovers. Ironically the D finally made what would have been the game winning stop but for the one last fumble that lead to the game winning TD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT