ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs. Ducks

One of the understated gaps we have is an electric returner. How many points every season is a guy good for who can start you at your own 48 instead of at your own 22?

One of the understated gaps we have is an electric returner. How many points every season is a guy good for who can start you at your own 48 instead of at your own 22?

Harris is pretty good. HM last season.

Another nice thing is how quickly we can get yards (provided they're thrown to the right team). Ducks grinded/ground their way to a TD this last time but we can steal yards from you in a hurry between YAC and Borghi.

Another near pick. Gordon: it's OK to throw it away if nothing is there. No need to chuck the impossible off the back foot million dollar toss and throw away 50 yards of gains. Live to fight another down.

Gordon is the definition of gunslinger. Throws 2 picks including a pick-6 and just keeps trying backyard football and fitting it into impossible windows

Offense moves the ball well enough but can't punch it in.
FG is good
24-20 Ducks late in the 3rd.
Cougs need a turnover now.

Overall the team has played well. This is a bowl bound team if they keep playing this way the rest of the year.

Reactions: taf88
Why anyone would run anything over than inside zone against us is beyond me. Especially to the weak side.

Gordon is the definition of gunslinger. Throws 2 picks including a pick-6 and just keeps trying backyard football and fitting it into impossible windows
It's annoying to say the least. You're gonna get your numbers even if you're patient. I don't get it.

he gets out of position a lot. Not as much as Rogers.
I think the reason Woods looks as bad as he does is he is trying to compensate for Rodgers. He can’t play downhill because he doesn’t trust the guy next to him (and rightfully so).

I think the reason Woods looks as bad as he does is he is trying to compensate for Rodgers. He can’t play downhill because he doesn’t trust the guy next to him (and rightfully so).

He also doesn’t have Pelluer next to him anymore either.

At some point you have to realize that you're just making the defense worse by doing that. Just do your job and let the other guy fail or not on his own. 2 players out of position is worse than 1.

31-20 Ducks with 13 minutes left.
Think the Cougs are in 4 down mode now. Can't have a series without a score.

Gawd the booth with the "story" packages is just intolerable. Justin Herbert makes Tom Brady look like Clipboard Jesus whether he's taking a bow or taking a sack or taking a knee or taking a dump, and CJ Verdell might win NFL MVP before even getting in the league.

It's annoying to say the least. You're gonna get your numbers even if you're patient. I don't get it.
Ducks have been good at taking away Arconado in the red zone, and I haven't seen Easop Winston down there. It's like Falk once Cracraft and Marks were out of the picture. Take away the security blanket, and he's neutralized. At least he's throwing the ball away instead of eating it, but still, as someone else pointed out, the red zone sequences are really where you see the difference between Gordon and Minshew. Gardner sees everything and improvises beautifully.

Jahad has been one of the most disappointing players for me cuz I had high expectations after his freshman year. He’s gotten worse, not better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT