ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs. Falcons

Once possession is accomplished in the end zone, the ball is dead. The whole “football move” discussion is meaningless.
One would think so. I can find dozens of counter examples, including ones that had reviews. And WSU has been bit by this (ASU in ‘07 I think).

Fisrt half observations:

We are small and weak and slow across the board, but especially on defense.

Unless they get some really talented freshmen or a couple of kids pop bigtime, its going to be more of the same next year.

That being said, go Cougs. Need a freindly bounce or two in the second half.

Also - GROW THE FCK UP #27. WE'RE ALL SICK OF YOUR SH!T.

We could literally have 12 plays in the second half. It could be three and outs or 4 play TD drives.

One would think so. I can find dozens of counter examples, including ones that had reviews. And WSU has been bit by this (ASU in ‘07 I think).
The variable is what counts as possession. I don’t think there’s really any way to argue Borghi didn’t have possession.

Reactions: Suudy
Leach needs to go find a real good d staff if he is serious about winning a rose Bowl. Hard decisions to let go of buddies and friends....but it needs to be done. Strength coach too. Our d players are all too tiny.

One symptom of bad tackling.... weak. This team is physically weak. They cant take on a block. They cant get off a block. They cant knock anyone off the ball at any position. They either havent done the work in the weight room or the work they have done was all wrong.

Reactions: random soul
The variable is what counts as possession. I don’t think there’s really any way to argue Borghi didn’t have possession.
I know...this constant moving of the goals as to what a catch is is mind numbing.

No doubt. My wife just said, "Air Force sucks....it's too bad that our defense is just as bad".
Air Force doesn't suck, but I feel like I'm watching an old Nebraska/Kansas State game from the '80s every time they have the ball. And yet we're the team that theoretically has better athletes. They just have better conditioning, discipline, execution, technique.....

This is what will kill the game. Clearly he caught it, he was standing in the end zone...touchdown, right? Now we gotta have a rule that says he must hold it for a certain amount of time, or do the moonwalk with the ball or some ridiculous stipulation. The rulebook-ization is out of control.

Reactions: Suudy
If we don't attack the line of scrimmage attempting to create TFLs, we are done for. Yeah, they might break a big play, but we might stop them too. Playing more vanilla defense just means we are done for.

Reactions: ShockandAweWSU
202 yds rushing at the half, no reason to think they wont have 400+ by the final whistle.

But yeah, UNC was just chunk yardage, nothing to worry about...

If we don't attack the line of scrimmage attempting to create TFLs, we are done for. Yeah, they might break a big play, but we might stop them too. Playing more vanilla defense just means we are done for.

Run blitzes. 2nd and long is a much better alternative. not 2nd and 4

Air Force doesn't suck, but I feel like I'm watching an old Nebraska/Kansas State game from the '80s every time they have the ball. And yet we're the team that theoretically has better athletes. They just have better conditioning, discipline, execution, technique.....

Their pass defense is pretty much trash. Their offense is a marvel of efficiency and execution though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT