ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. tWSU vs. PSU

Someone explain this one to me:

McIntosh has 70 yards in the first half, averaging 10 yards per carry.

He’s had one touch in the second half.

??

Someone explain this one to me:

McIntosh has 70 yards in the first half, averaging 10 yards per carry.

He’s had one touch in the second half.

??
Not the first head scratcher this year don’t think it will be the last.

6 minutes and change 3 score game this too early to be throwing in walk ons.

I’m not quite ready to say this will be our only win of the year, but we’re far from good. We’re not even average. We have talent, but it’s disorganized and poorly coached. Awareness is poor. Our QB can’t even read sideline signals, much less the defense. Our line play is poor and weak on both sides. We have no pass rush, even against a big sky team. Our defense - even the veterans - take bad angles and don’t wrap up. We don’t seem to have a comprehensible game plan, and when we find something that works, we try something else.

We’re going to lose by 30 next week. We need to improve a lot to even compete with Oregon State and Cal. Portland State easily could be our only win.

I’m not quite ready to say this will be our only win of the year, but we’re far from good. We’re not even average. We have talent, but it’s disorganized and poorly coached. Awareness is poor. Our QB can’t even read sideline signals, much less the defense. Our line play is poor and weak on both sides. We have no pass rush, even against a big sky team. Our defense - even the veterans - take bad angles and don’t wrap up. We don’t seem to have a comprehensible game plan, and when we find something that works, we try something else.

We’re going to lose by 30 next week. We need to improve a lot to even compete with Oregon State and Cal. Portland State easily could be our only win.
Well… it’s not like they lost 24-17.

44-17
Comfortable win in the end and it's good to get that win.

Will have to take it to a new level in order to compete next week.
More realistic is for the team to improve over the course of the year and it translates into wins.

This thread sucks.

Everyone is pissing and moaning like we didn't do anything good out there. Yes, it is Portland State but our execution was much better than last week.

Can't believe nobody can even say anything positive about the Speed option on the goal line. That was a thing of beauty.

Yeah, we may end up sucking and not win another game...but for F sakes!

I saw about 15 total actual minutes of this game. They looked sloppy and poorly coached, even in the win. Next week isn't going to be pretty.

This thread sucks.

Everyone is pissing and moaning like we didn't do anything good out there. Yes, it is Portland State but our execution was much better than last week.

Can't believe nobody can even say anything positive about the Speed option on the goal line. That was a thing of beauty.

Positives
1. 2nd place in North also tied for most home wins in the north.
2. Rolo WL pace after 6 games at WSU now ahead of Wulff.
3. Rare win over Portland St without broken neck vertebrae by QBs

6 minutes and change 3 score game this too early to be throwing in walk ons.
That was at 9 minutes when they brought on that qb to almost throw 3 pick sixes from inside the 20.

Only burned about 20 seconds on that series as well.

Best positive stat was 1 penalty for 10 yards. Offense had 462 yards but the defense gave up 420. No bueno

Best positive stat was 1 penalty for 10 yards. Offense had 462 yards but the defense gave up 420. No bueno
True, but if you consider 150 of those yards for PSU came on their last two drives in the 4th quarter against mostly WSU's backup defenders, that's not as bad as it looks. Believe me, I'm not saying this game filled me with a lot of encouragement, but it could have gone a different direction and didn't.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: Coug90
True, but if you consider 150 of those yards for PSU came on their last two drives in the 4th quarter against mostly WSU's backup defenders, that's not as bad as it looks. Believe me, I'm not saying this game filled me with a lot of encouragement, but it could have gone a different direction and didn't.

Glad Cougar
Agreed. They weren’t even backups they were 3rd and 4th stringers. Defense was much better and for an FCS PSU has a good offense and QB. Still some stuff to clean up especially on offense but a much better effort and better job coaching than last week.

This thread sucks.

We play Arizona. PSU would beat them by 3 TDs. There’s at least 2 wins out there and the North is garbage outside of Oregon.

I thought the defense looked OK at least. They’re not great, but PSU gained almost 500 yards last week too.

I thought the defense looked OK at least. They’re not great, but PSU gained almost 500 yards last week too.

The interior DL is bad. But at least everyone gets to play to show that everyone at DT is bad.

Positives
1. 2nd place in North also tied for most home wins in the north.
2. Rolo WL pace after 6 games at WSU now ahead of Wulff.
3. Rare win over Portland St without broken neck vertebrae by QBs
And Rolo and Wulff have something in common. Two of the last three coaches who beat Portland State.

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT