ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread tWSU vs uu

Kwete active and around the ball, he's going to be a player. Hobbs is probably going to be pretty good next year after a year in the weight room, I haven't seen brown get any time on defense not sure why unless they decided to redshirt him
Kwete looks legit. Hopefully brown redshirts.

For sure CU at home? Cal with a backup QB. OSU at home? Come on there’s 3 more wins on this schedule. Vegas Baby!!
All Cal has to do is not pass once and they'll beat us. They could run the wildcat, score 28 and only give us 5 possessions all game.

Reactions: walzuu
Ok, here’s how I see things:

Our D sucks, front to back. We don’t have a defensive strength or a solid unit.

Our highly hyped offensive line isn’t as advertised. Still can’t run block, still can’t hold up against a 3 man rush, and only half of them can remember the snap count.

Our highly hyped receivers are talented, but not very tough. They don’t fight for balls, can’t play through contact, and quit early on plays.

Our QB put up huge numbers against crap teams, but real defenses have exposed him. His vision is limited, and he gets tunnel vision under pressure. Stares down receivers, doesn’t see defenders.

Borghi is awesome. But like Jerome Harrison he’s on a strong offense with an awful defense. Also like Harrison, he’s our only reliable weapon so if he gets hurt our season is over.

Lots of work to do, and in the end I we don’t seem to have the bodies to change it this year. Based on the last 4 quarters of play, this looks like a 4-8 team....and I’m not even sure who the 4th win is.
If I was Borghi, I would declare the minute I was eligible to

I'm ready for gabrud, I saw some things early against houston in person that worried me about Gordon and I also have some unease about claeys. Gabrud would give a steadier hand with more poise and leadership. Claeys stunts and slants too much and it is leading to people being out of position. This defense is too undermanned to gamble, they don't need to try to shut people out just slow them down.

Reactions: ATACFD
It’s crazy how Borghi got about 3 or 4 carries the first possession of the game and we were moving the ball good then got maybe 3 carries the rest of the game

Yup he’s missed as many tackles as anyone. Hey! Nambdi sighting! Hey Utah has a punter!
Too bad Nnamdi is a senior. I copied off the size of the Minnesota defense that beat WSU in the bowl. Their dline was much bigger and their linebackers were like 240 pounds. Something tells me there's going to be some attrition on defense.

Cougs are 3-2 with a bye week coming up.
Need that bye week in the worst way.

ASU on the road will be a difficult game but they aren't as tough as Utah IMO.
Need some breaks, need to win the turnover battle, need to keep the defense off the field.

Need some breaks, need to win the turnover battle, need to keep the defense off the field.
As per my solution earlier, maybe two weeks of not practicing will really get these guys going!!

You can't win the turnover battle if you can't tackle anyone. The best you can do is not turn it over yourself and be even

Well, again, this game isn’t all the surprising to me. Playing at Utah was always going to be tough. The absolute killer was last weeks game.

I’m not going to write off the season, but I suspect a lot of our fans will. We can compete with the middle tier P12 teams, but Oregon and UW are going to run us off the field. 7 wins would be a nice accomplishment.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT