ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. WSU vs. Cal

Just a tad worried about how frequently our ST lets opponents start near the 40 this season. 1 or 2 gash plays and they're already FG range.

Stanford has narrowed the gap with the uw to 7 with 9 minutes left. They have outscored the uw 17-3 in the second half. It is now 24-17.

Absolute horse S. Understand they're supposed to make that call but if you're setting up football rules for the first time, NO WAY do you flag an out of bounds backslap as a 15-yard penalty.

In no way do I think refs are out to get us, but I'm curious how many consecutive Top 10 seasons we have to string together before we become a team the PAC is interested in protecting. We're getting called on a lot of technicalities (ie, by the book vs why the rule was created) that I don't feel the legacy teams get dinged for.

WSU has given Cal 10 points with the turnover and the two 15 yard penalties.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall in this halftime speech. Hard to believe Cal could have much else to show on offense... take away QB scramble and it's an entire half of 3-and-outs

Wish I could be a fly on the wall in this halftime speech. Hard to believe Cal could have much else to show on offense... take away QB scramble and it's an entire half of 3-and-outs
Cal has 117 yards in the first half, 57 yards on runs by Garbers.

Hopefully leach uncorks on them—they’re playing like they’ve been reading their press clippings...crap on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 702coug
First cold wet night, and we look like it on offense. We aren't going to score a lot trying to dink and dunk these guys to death. The longer we let them hang in there, the more vunerable we become to a big play, bad call or stupidity.

I didn't watch. Is this true? The P12 refs are the best.

Go look at the last 2 minutes. They never stopped it on first downs let UW sub and everything and just let the clock run.

Totally cheated Stanford

Go look at the last 2 minutes. They never stopped it on first downs let UW sub and everything and just let the clock run.

Totally cheated Stanford

Well....they did stop the clock briefly, but they did cheat Stanford by holding them up even when they didn't substitute players. That was some bad coaching and playcalling by Shaw. A spike on 1st down would have saved them 15 seconds.

Totally cheated Stanford
I just looked at Brand Y. Someone there brought this up about the refs and time keeper as well.

Very heavy use of the checkdown tonight. Better than 5-Mississippi without having identified a receiver like the @Furd game, but would really like to see us not get to 3rd down within 30 seconds of game clock on every possession.

You got to be kidding me. The Cougars intercept and then fumble the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT