ADVERTISEMENT

On the Covid "thing"...how many

Outside = no mask + social distance from strangers

Inside public place = mask + social distancing. And our kids still dont go into stores or restaurants.

Client visits onsite and inside = no mask

I social distance and wear a mask when required for going into a business, store, etc. I never wear one outside.

Reactions: 78Chief
Mask at store and picking up food. No mask in the office or anywhere outside around fam/friends/park. More than anything I just make sure to wash my hands and phone a lot and never touch my face or food until I do.

I'm in construction, so it is masks at every job site in SoCal and at the office when not in your personal area.

We actually have our own R&D lab experiment going. I had a guy and his wife get the fever on Friday July 3, both vomiting Monday July 6, and positive test result notification Tuesday July 7. This sick guy worked with the same other guy at the same job site for the three days before the fever (Tues-Thurs June 30-July 2). The guy who got sick is one of my more religiously masked guys; his guess is that he and his wife got it somewhere in common, not at work, but no idea where. He and the guy with whom he was working were both masked for all but one lunch period when together. They were at a strict "mask only" site (one of the entertainment giants). They ranged from far apart to within 3' at various points in the 3 days. We will know within a few more days if proper behavior can prevent transmission, because time and opportunity were present, but these two tell me they did everything right...and knowing them both I believe them.

I will also note that our field work force is roughly 50/50 white and hispanic. The hispanic guys know that their severe illness odds are worse than the white guys (we all discuss this openly), and I only have one hispanic guy that I know of out of a current field crew of about 100 that does not reliably wear a mask. Most of the hispanics have already had aunts, uncles, grandmas & grandpas get sick and everybody knows someone who did not make it. On the other hand, I probably have about a dozen white guys who only pull up the mask when they see a supervisor coming. Most of them have not had relatives die yet.

That is my mask report for now, but I'm very interested to see whether the second guy in the work crew comes down with it.

I wear masks and glove up like OJ when going to the store.

I have been going to bars/restaurants on occasion and have followed the guidelines set forth.

I'm in construction, so it is masks at every job site in SoCal and at the office when not in your personal area.

We actually have our own R&D lab experiment going. I had a guy and his wife get the fever on Friday July 3, both vomiting Monday July 6, and positive test result notification Tuesday July 7. This sick guy worked with the same other guy at the same job site for the three days before the fever (Tues-Thurs June 30-July 2). The guy who got sick is one of my more religiously masked guys; his guess is that he and his wife got it somewhere in common, not at work, but no idea where. He and the guy with whom he was working were both masked for all but one lunch period when together. They were at a strict "mask only" site (one of the entertainment giants). They ranged from far apart to within 3' at various points in the 3 days. We will know within a few more days if proper behavior can prevent transmission, because time and opportunity were present, but these two tell me they did everything right...and knowing them both I believe them.

I will also note that our field work force is roughly 50/50 white and hispanic. The hispanic guys know that their severe illness odds are worse than the white guys (we all discuss this openly), and I only have one hispanic guy that I know of out of a current field crew of about 100 that does not reliably wear a mask. Most of the hispanics have already had aunts, uncles, grandmas & grandpas get sick and everybody knows someone who did not make it. On the other hand, I probably have about a dozen white guys who only pull up the mask when they see a supervisor coming. Most of them have not had relatives die yet.

That is my mask report for now, but I'm very interested to see whether the second guy in the work crew comes down with it.
Keep us posted.

I mask when required, and cheat due to lack of air. It is difficult for some of us. I wash and or sanitize hands constantly. I am not offended by people who choose not to. I am happy when I can take mine off. I am not in line with group think and mass hysteria though. Be you. Do what you need. If it makes you feel better great. But I also got bitched out by people wearing bandanas and cloth masks. Please. If you are wearing a pretend mask piss off with any judgements of anyone. Cloth is better than nothing....barely. Learn what PPE is and how to use it, then maybe(if you are Not an asshole) complain about someone else.

Reactions: 79COUG
I mask when required, and cheat due to lack of air. It is difficult for some of us. I wash and or sanitize hands constantly. I am not offended by people who choose not to. I am happy when I can take mine off. I am not in line with group think and mass hysteria though. Be you. Do what you need. If it makes you feel better great. But I also got bitched out by people wearing bandanas and cloth masks. Please. If you are wearing a pretend mask piss off with any judgements of anyone. Cloth is better than nothing....barely. Learn what PPE is and how to use it, then maybe(if you are Not an asshole) complain about someone else.

MRI...I agree probably with 95% of what you said. I too can't wait until I can take the mask off. Allergies make it hard to breath with the mask.

I don't get pissed when someone doesn't wear a mask. But I suppose what I don't get is (npot you) if it was mandated and enforced would I be upset if I am written up if I forgot to put my mask on? I wouldn't. I don't get the freedom issue with it. I sometimes forget to put on my seat belt. Once I got pulled over because I didn't have it on. I got a ticket. Is that an attack on my liberties?

I probably don't wear my mask because i want to protect myself, even tho I have access to a few N95 that would actually serve as some protection. I do so in case I have it and don't spread it but most important I want all people to get back to work asap. I want the ability for my daughter and her friends to go off to their freshman year and actually have a semi normal experience (not going to happen). But people are going though savings (if they have or had them) so i am not sure why we as a collective group (everyone) would see this as an issue of freedom, unless the masks truly don't work. And I am not sure anyone has any definitive data.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT