ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon opens as favorite

Las Vegas odds makers sense that it may be pay back time.I hope not but they may be right

Linebacker play will be really important. If they don't stay in their gaps, they will just gash us on the ground.

I don't think it has anything to do with payback....it has to do with the perceived talent gap and the the season-to-date results of the two respective teams. The odds makers are probably right in where the line should be set right now, but UO was in a similar position last year having just beat UW in a close game before playing the Cougs. Big differences this time around: No Minshew, no GameDay in Pullman, worse Cougar defense. But you never know. I have a feeling we are going to put it all together one of these weeks, might as well be next week in Eugene.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: wazzubruce
Key to the game will he AG making decisive reads and getting the ball out early. If he does his Falk impression he'll be sacked 5+ times.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Key to the game will he AG making decisive reads and getting the ball out early. If he does his Falk impression he'll be sacked 5+ times.
AG impresses less every week. Lots of ill-advised throws last night. Lots of throws into coverage, to receivers who weren’t open. Lots of leaving the pocket early. Lots of failing to see open receivers. Lots of staring down the one he wanted, and failing to go through progressions. Past the halfway point of the season, I’m no longer surprised that he got beat by Minshew last year. The only surprise is that there was a competition at all.

Falk is one of the greatest QB's in the history of the program. He was the QB that turned around the program and won a lot of games for WSU. Once Cracraft went down, his receiver corps was just Marks. Very few of his receivers would get playing time this year, as they would be buried on the depth chart.

Falk is one of the greatest QB's in the history of the program. He was the QB that turned around the program and won a lot of games for WSU. Once Cracraft went down, his receiver corps was just Marks. Very few of his receivers would get playing time this year, as they would be buried on the depth chart.
Aaaaaand, his senior year he spent 5,6,7,8 seconds in the pocket scanning for his 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th,5th receivers, never finding one and taking 2,3,4,5 sacks a game.

Aaaaaand, his senior year he spent 5,6,7,8 seconds in the pocket scanning for his 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th,5th receivers, never finding one and taking 2,3,4,5 sacks a game.
Truth. We all love Falk and would pick up his tab if we bumped into him in a bar, but it’s ok to call a spade a spade. There were a lot of painful moments his senior year and the defense carried that team.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Truth. We all love Falk and would pick up his tab if we bumped into him in a bar, but it’s ok to call a spade a spade. There were a lot of painful moments his senior year and the defense carried that team.
Yes, and in hindsight point taken from 1990.

Kid bled crimson and gray and I could probably find a better way to describe poor qb play than mentioning one of our own in a negative light.

He was playing injured.

Aaaaand go back and look who those 2nd,3rd, and 4th receivers were after Williams graduated and Cracraft went down. They didn't get open or ran a bad route, all the while Marks was double covered. There was a reason why he held the ball.

Then, go watch how he got rid of the ball when Williams, Marks, and Cracraft were healthy. Meaning it is easy to get rid of the ball faster when you have receivers open. Don't forget that Falk's 3rd or 4th best receiver for a few years was Lewis. The same Lewis who couldn't even get on the field as recruiting got better.

Many of you are underselling just how good Falk was. One other thing, the offensive line has been much better since McGuire left.

AG impresses less every week. Lots of ill-advised throws last night. Lots of throws into coverage, to receivers who weren’t open. Lots of leaving the pocket early. Lots of failing to see open receivers. Lots of staring down the one he wanted, and failing to go through progressions. Past the halfway point of the season, I’m no longer surprised that he got beat by Minshew last year. The only surprise is that there was a competition at all.

Gordon threw a 69% completion rate. That’s a solid completion percentage, especially when you consider he’s throwing for over 10 yards per play. I sat through that game, he played very well in those conditions.

Gordon threw a 69% completion rate. That’s a solid completion percentage, especially when you consider he’s throwing for over 10 yards per play. I sat through that game, he played very well in those conditions.
Agreed, that was a big takeaway for me. We’ve got late season games in Eugene, Cal, UW, and 2 more in Pullman. Likely to see a couple of those in less than ideal conditions. Great to see it didn’t seem to effect Gordon at all, especially considering how GM2 had issues with weather last year.

Gordon threw the ball well and played fairly well overall with the exception of a few forced passes and a couple of very fortunate, careless in the pocket plays that could of led to 14 points.

The ball was coming out of his hand nicely, but he looked a bit off to me overall, which was understandable given the all-day monsoon.

That weather was terrible, only thing that could have made it worse was a 25+MPH wind. Overall I was impressed with AG and the receivers and the RBs on how well they dealt with it. AG was asked about the weather and if it had an impact, his reply was solid " we practice in weather like this most of the spring, and late fall, so it's not a big deal". Weather seems to have a bigger impact on many fans wanting to blame losses on bad weather, and that the air raid doesn't do well in the rain. Almost 400 years passing in a down pour is pretty damn good.

Aaaaand go back and look who those 2nd,3rd, and 4th receivers were after Williams graduated and Cracraft went down. They didn't get open or ran a bad route, all the while Marks was double covered. There was a reason why he held the ball.

Then, go watch how he got rid of the ball when Williams, Marks, and Cracraft were healthy. Meaning it is easy to get rid of the ball faster when you have receivers open. Don't forget that Falk's 3rd or 4th best receiver for a few years was Lewis. The same Lewis who couldn't even get on the field as recruiting got better.

Many of you are underselling just how good Falk was. One other thing, the offensive line has been much better since McGuire left.
Honestly it doesn't matter what the "reason" or "excuse" was, it was unacceptable for him to take those sacks after standing back there scanning the field for more than 3 seconds. If you're a qb your internal clock has to be going off and either you find someone or toss it out of bounds. How much more productive would that offense have been if they weren't consistently digging themselves out of long yardage situations?

I think he paralyzed himself with his own expectations and fear of throwing the pick, so he was looking for the perfect window(s) to throw into, which are going to be tough to find when the D drops 8 into coverage. He had plenty of options available to throw 50/50 balls to, which again would have been better than putting the O in second and long situations. There's a point when, as a leader, you have to put some of the load on the rest of the team, and if the WRs cant get their jobs done then that is on them.

All that being said, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, I was unfairly harsh and painting him as a "bad" qb, which isn't the case at all, and I'LL SAY AGAIN, I'll refrain from doing it in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT