ADVERTISEMENT

P12 Champ. Game won't be played in Santa Clara after 2019

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
The conference declined the option to hold the 2020 P12 title game at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. Las Vegas anybody?

Reactions: SDCoug
Vegas would be perfect !! It’s a neutral site and it’s easy to get to by air. Plus there is lots to do there that is fun. It’s the easy choice and best place for it, which means the dip stick Pac 12 commish won’t put it there. Hell NO to LA.

Vegas is such an obvious choice.

Vegas would be perfect !! It’s a neutral site and it’s easy to get to by air. Plus there is lots to do there that is fun. It’s the easy choice and best place for it, which means the dip stick Pac 12 commish won’t put it there. Hell NO to LA.

Although I have never been to Vegas, I can't disagree at all. The one downside (and LA or Phoenix talking point) is that Nevada is not a Pac-12 state so why send any of our money their way.......

Reactions: earldacoug
Although I have never been to Vegas, I can't disagree at all. The one downside (and LA or Phoenix talking point) is that Nevada is not a Pac-12 state so why send any of our money their way.......
Good point but the Pac 12 already plays the men's hoops tournament in Nevada as do other conferences (WCC?) without an institution in Nevada.

Good point but the Pac 12 already plays the men's hoops tournament in Nevada as do other conferences (WCC?) without an institution in Nevada.

Two or 3 wrongs don't make a right. And the FB game should be much more of an event than the empty Pac-12 BB tourney. But then I don't really care.

If there's really a desire to keep the game in a Pac-12 state, but not to have it in any team's hometown, the only option is San Diego and their 50+ year old stadium.

Problems with that -
It's a 50+ year old stadium that likely isn't long for this world.
Almost a home game for USC/UCLA
Most probably still fly in to LA
If people didn't show up in Santa Clara, why would they show up in San Diego?

Vegas makes a lot of sense to me. Easy travel for everyone, plenty of hotels, new NFL stadium, not really in anyone's backyard....although the entire Pac-12 south would have shorter travel than the entire north, but I don't think there's any way around that.

I thought about the fact that Nevada isn’t a Pac 12 State, but I don’t think that fact is all that important. The most important thing is that the game is well attended and successful and I think Vegas would assure the success.

If there's really a desire to keep the game in a Pac-12 state, but not to have it in any team's hometown, the only option is San Diego and their 50+ year old stadium.

Problems with that -
It's a 50+ year old stadium that likely isn't long for this world.
Almost a home game for USC/UCLA
Most probably still fly in to LA
If people didn't show up in Santa Clara, why would they show up in San Diego?

Vegas makes a lot of sense to me. Easy travel for everyone, plenty of hotels, new NFL stadium, not really in anyone's backyard....although the entire Pac-12 south would have shorter travel than the entire north, but I don't think there's any way around that.
The only other places I could think of outside of Vegas was San Diego but doubted it was a long-term venue. The other was the Arizona Cardinal's stadium but that's even closer for Arizona and ASU than it would be for SC/UCLA. Out of those 2 I would opt for San Diego but without an NFL tenant any longer I agree that's not a long-term option as the stadium goes further downhill.

There's not many good options in December that don't give the warmer weather programs an advantage. Vegas is by far the best choice IMO.

The only other places I could think of outside of Vegas was San Diego but doubted it was a long-term venue. The other was the Arizona Cardinal's stadium but that's even closer for Arizona and ASU than it would be for SC/UCLA. Out of those 2 I would opt for San Diego but without an NFL tenant any longer I agree that's not a long-term option as the stadium goes further downhill.

There's not many good options in December that don't give the warmer weather programs an advantage. Vegas is by far the best choice IMO.

What about Ellensburg?

Reactions: random soul
Two or 3 wrongs don't make a right. And the FB game should be much more of an event than the empty Pac-12 BB tourney. But then I don't really care.
When you finally DO make it to Vegas, you'll learn that TWO or THREE wrongs actually DO make a right there.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT