ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Wulff's hypothetical return to WSU?

No, only under Wulff did EVERY qb get injured.
You .must not be paying ATTN then...because every qb to start for Leach has been injured except for Falk..and he's only played a few games. If he continues to take a beating like he did against ASU, he'll be on that list, too.

No, only under Wulff did EVERY qb get injured.
I don't remember Tuel getting hurt at all in 2010 where he missed time. And he made a stupid move to get hurt on 2011. Sorry that one was not on the line. Did Lobster get hurt in 2011?

I don't remember Tuel getting hurt at all in 2010 where he missed time. And he made a stupid move to get hurt on 2011. Sorry that one was not on the line. Did Lobster get hurt in 2011?
Oh no, the QB getting himself injured, the coach can't do anything about that. Getting out of bounds is a "fourth year in Wulff's system" kind of thing.

Didn't he have three guys go down for the season in his first year? As opposed to the one season ending injury Leach has had in three years?

Oh no, the QB getting himself injured, the coach can't do anything about that. Getting out of bounds is a "fourth year in Wulff's system" kind of thing.

Didn't he have three guys go down for the season in his first year? As opposed to the one season ending injury Leach has had in three years?
And you wonder why I bring up the you never played football line.. because if you had, you would know that a coach never tells his qb to stay in bounds and take an unnecessary hit.

That was a stupid move by Tuel.

No question, keeping the starters healthy on line one was one key. You now are going to blame Wulff for not having Tuel get out of bounds?

And you wonder why I bring up the you never played football line.. because if you had, you would know that a coach never tells his qb to stay in bounds and take an unnecessary hit.

No way! Coaches don't tell players to get injured?

You wanted to say something more profound, but you phrased it poorly, and said more obvious goofiness.

No question, keeping the starters healthy on line one was one key. You now are going to blame Wulff for not having Tuel get out of bounds?

Wulff deserved blame for letting Tuel play in a meaningless game that was easily in hand where the Tuel had been throwing up all day.

For the historians amongst us that can't quite recall recent history clearly, here are the severe injuries to QBs suffered under the former staff.

Rodgers- broken neck
Lopina- broken back
Lobbestael- blown knee

Tuel- knee injury shelved him for the remainder of the season after the Arizona game

None

Tuel- broken collarbone and whatever happened in the OSU game knocked him out for the rest of the season
Halliday- lacerated liver

Reactions: wulffui
No way! Coaches don't tell players to get injured?

You wanted to say something more profound, but you phrased it poorly, and said more obvious goofiness.
Whatever you say, Wulffy. You are the one blaming Wulff for Tuel not getting out of bounds.

Does that mean Halliday made a stupid decision not to scramble on the play he broke his leg on versus USC?

Does that mean Halliday made a stupid decision not to scramble on the play he broke his leg on versus USC?
Are you serious?

Two completely different scenarios. Tuel easily could have stepped out of bounds instead of taking on a LB. Halliday can't scramble...and it certainly was not his fault.

Whatever you say, Wulffy. You are the one blaming Wulff for Tuel not getting out of bounds.
His finger is in that pie.

Consider the kind of offense that makes a marginal QB like Tuel think the only way he could get those yards, rather than trusting the next play and his teammates, was to plow into a LB. And wasn't that another "catastrophic injury against C-level competition" scenario? Thank goodness Wulff needed to roll out his sick QB against Idaho STATE to feel sure of the win. Sturdy group he had in year four. A real coach sits a QB with the flu against the JV.

His finger is in that pie.

Consider the kind of offense that makes a marginal QB like Tuel think the only way he could get those yards, rather than trusting the next play and his teammates, was to plow into a LB. And wasn't that another "catastrophic injury against C-level competition" scenario? Thank goodness Wulff needed to roll out his sick QB against Idaho STATE to feel sure of the win. Sturdy group he had in year four. A real coach sits a QB with the flu against the JV.
So if I pull out an example of Leach playing a kid who was sick like Tuel does that make him not a real coach? You are ridiculous. Tuel needed to take his first down and npt take that hit. RG 3 had great coaching and he still doesn't know how to slide. For Tuel, it was simple, he needed to move his foot seven inches to the right. That is on him. Just like Wilsons draft status was his responsibility.

So if I pull out an example of Leach playing a kid who was sick like Tuel does that make him not a real coach? You are ridiculous. Tuel needed to take his first down and npt take that hit. RG 3 had great coaching and he still doesn't know how to slide. For Tuel, it was simple, he needed to move his foot seven inches to the right. That is on him. Just like Wilsons draft status was his responsibility.
A kid with the flu? Against your FCS opponent? Yeah, pull me a Leach example. Your desire to absolve coaching decisions that both look shitty at the time, then wound up actually BEING shitty... but no, it's always someone else's fault with a guy who was 9-40. I'd say ridiculous is always looking for someone else to blame when it's clear to everyone outside your gene pool that he deserves most of the blame for his tenure. You could wait for our first game- it will be year four for Leach, like it was for Wulff- let's see if he puts a gimpy player in a position to get injured against the worst team on our schedule, like Wulff.

And a stupider move by Wulff putting him into the game.

You'd have to recreate the full scenario for a true Consistency Crusade. First, there would have to be a FCS doormat opponent. Second, there would have to be a QB throwing up all morning. Third, the game would have to be in hand when the sick QB goes in. Fourth, after said QB suffers a severe injury, the coach would have to go on a state wide media tour to convince the fan base that injured QB was better Andrew Luck and that everything would have come up Rose Bowl had said QB not gotten injured. And course, no one would be able to question the coach's decision to play the QB in a meaningless game, even though said QB was vital to the success of that season.

And a stupider move by Wulff putting him into the game.

You'd have to recreate the full scenario for a true Consistency Crusade. First, there would have to be a FCS doormat opponent. Second, there would have to be a QB throwing up all morning. Third, the game would have to be in hand when the sick QB goes in. Fourth, after said QB suffers a severe injury, the coach would have to go on a state wide media tour to convince the fan base that injured QB was better Andrew Luck and that everything would have come up Rose Bowl had said QB not gotten injured. And course, no one would be able to question the coach's decision to play the QB in a meaningless game, even though said QB was vital to the success of that season.
Yeah, Wulff usually set up a lot of stupidity dominoes, and once one fell...

And against Pocatello High, Tuel is too stupid to make the right play. But he'd have made all the difference against SDSU and UCLA, though!

Sponge put on the pads. On this there is no question, but he often played without a helmet. Explains some things, doesn't it? hahaha
That may be so, Nanookie, but the only pads you and Whitworth ever put on were knee pads.

A kid with the flu? Against your FCS opponent? Yeah, pull me a Leach example. Your desire to absolve coaching decisions that both look shitty at the time, then wound up actually BEING shitty... but no, it's always someone else's fault with a guy who was 9-40. I'd say ridiculous is always looking for someone else to blame when it's clear to everyone outside your gene pool that he deserves most of the blame for his tenure.

I really have zero idea how on earth how they could defend a coach who won a total of 5 games in a 3 year span.

Recruited in the bottom of the ENTIRE fbs. One year FAU/New Mexico state out recruited us.....this kind of recruiting for A BCS team that was at the Rose Bowl within the decade and beat Texas in a bowl game.

And speaking of Qbs/injuries and recruiting... this same coach recruited 2 OL for the class of 2009, 3 OL in 2010, and 3 OL in 2011... that's how insanely clueless Wulff was in recruiting guys for the trenches...AND HE WAS A O-LINEMAN HIMSELF.

For example that would be like if Leach only took 1 wide receiver every single year and then wondered why we don't have anyone to throw to...Oh well you can't get wide receivers to come to WSU I guess we'll role out that excuse right?

Please. Wulff endangered the QBs because the "protection" was the least of his interest.

To contrast things. Leach recruited the following O-line numbers in 4 classes

7 - OL - 2012
5 - OL - 2013
3 - OL - 2014
5 - OL - 2015
Total OL recruits for Leach 20 over 4 classes.

Wulff? 11... How the hell are you going to build a two deep with just 11 Lineman in 4 years?!?!?! YOU WON'T.

And Wulff basically signed his name on the danger that he put those QBs in.

I really have zero idea how on earth how they could defend a coach who won a total of 5 games in a 3 year span.

Recruited in the bottom of the ENTIRE fbs. One year FAU/New Mexico state out recruited us.....this kind of recruiting for A BCS team that was at the Rose Bowl within the decade and beat Texas in a bowl game.

And speaking of Qbs/injuries and recruiting... this same coach recruited 2 OL for the class of 2009, 3 OL in 2010, and 3 OL in 2011... that's how insanely clueless Wulff was in recruiting guys for the trenches...AND HE WAS A O-LINEMAN HIMSELF.

For example that would be like if Leach only took 1 wide receiver every single year and then wondered why we don't have anyone to throw to...Oh well you can't get wide receivers to come to WSU I guess we'll role out that excuse right?

Please. Wulff endangered the QBs because the "protection" was the least of his interest.

7 - OL - 2012
5 - OL - 2013
3 - OL - 2014
5 - OL - 2015

Wulff? 11... How the hell are you going to build a two deep with just 11 Lineman in 4 years?!?!?! YOU WON'T.

I don't know, I just can't square "proud Cougar fan" and "hellbent on twisting scenarios to make our current coach look the same as our worst coach in program history, while ignoring his successes"... unless you just don't like the coach.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

7 - OL - 2012
5 - OL - 2013
3 - OL - 2014
5 - OL - 2015

Tron....aside from Leach, how do your oline recruits square with the numbers in the past.

I will defend anyone 11-0 or 0-11 when the a coach is blamed for a kid not stepping out of bounds.
I don't know, I just can't square "proud Cougar fan" and "hellbent on twisting scenarios to make our current coach look the same as our worst coach in program history, while ignoring his successes"... unless you just don't like the coach.

Tron....aside from Leach, how do your oline recruits square with the numbers in the past.

I will defend anyone 11-0 or 0-11 when the a coach is blamed for a kid not stepping out of bounds.

See, that's the difference. I won't blindly defend any situation, no matter who the coach. Gib laid out the trail of errors Wulff made that led to Tuel's injury. You just choose not to agree- your default setting when people hold Wulff responsible for laughable coaching decisions.

Swing and a miss. Please defend putting a QB, who was apparently the key to the entire season because he was at least as good as Andrew Luck, on the field in a meaningless game, with the game in hand after the QB had been throwing up all morning.

See, that's the difference. I won't blindly defend any situation, no matter who the coach. Gib laid out the trail of errors Wulff made that led to Tuel's injury. You just choose not to agree- your default setting when people hold Wulff responsible for laughable coaching decisions.
A guy not running out of bounds after he had the yardage fro teh first down and he was six inches away isn't a trail point to the coach. You get if he didn't puke earlier he would have been in the game and he would have sustained the injury.

A guy not running out of bounds after he had the yardage fro teh first down and he was six inches away isn't a trail point to the coach. You get if he didn't puke earlier he would have been in the game and he would have sustained the injury.

You get more ediotic with every post. Is it part of your genetic code to attach to losers?

But he did puke, because he was sick, so, you, probably shouldn't have fired a lame bullet against a team you didn't need to.

You talking about "well, this would have happened if he weren't sick..." He was, though, and not like secretly sick. So, poor choice, coach Wulff.

Well let's take a look.

Doba
2003 - 3
2004 - 4
2005 - 3
2006 - 3

So over 4 years Doba took 13 still 2 more than Wulff and seven less than Leach, and probably helped contribute to our decline, but instead of coming in and fixing that problem. Wulff's solution was to recruit even less. Where as someone like Leach walks in says WTF where are my lineman?!? and starts putting an emphasis on it.

It always starts with the O-line on offense. Doesn't matter if you are running a gun throw it all the time Air Raid, or a Power Run, or a Single Back. Having a deep pool of lineman is critical. Not just for your offenses's health, but your QBs as well.

We had more injuries to QBs under Wulff than any coach I can remember and it shows in the sack numbers (which I've posted on here before)

You can argue till you are blue in the face Ed, but everything points to Wulff having absolutely no idea how to run a program at the BCS level. His record shows it, his recruiting rankings show it, his failure to understand scholarships show it, his failure in our APR 2007 season, 2008 season we posted a 918. To contrast things Leach posted 944, 951, 973 (Highest ever), Wulff was a terrible terrible terrible head coach.

What we have now is a coach who has taken us to a bowl game, posted the highest APR in our history, is breaking NCAA records, recruiting at the highest levels we've had in a decade, putting more people in the NFL than we've had go in a decade. It's a big turn around, and yes we need more wins, but I have complete faith that they will come.

Leach is actually building us a program. From the roster depth, to the classroom work to breaking school and NCAA records, and yet you want to cling and defend the person who set off the bomb that made us return to ground zero like somehow that will make Wulff's terrible decisions better? or less of the complete ineptness he displayed?

I judge Wulff solely on what he did and take into consideration what he was handed before I came to my conclusions about him, and he made his verdict PERFECTLY clear. He was a horrible horrible coach. He was given a mediocre team and he ran the program into the ground.

Leach was given a bad team/program and is starting to make it close to decent. If he maintains his recruiting and builds on what he's done so far the break out will happen. 8-9 wins is not far away. Last year despite losing our starting QB, a swiss cheese secondary we still could have beaten Cal, Could have beaten Rutgers, Could have beaten Oregon, That's 3 games that were decided by just 1 score. And that's with the defense and special teams being terrible. If those two units are decent we win 7 games for sure. If they are actually good we will in 8-9. It's not far away. It's actually attainable. A far cry from 2-10,1-11,2-10.... but keep on riding that delusional train that Wulff put you on...maybe he'll give you some of his special coffee he makes so well on the sidelines of Team USA.

Well let's take a look.

Doba
2003 - 3
2004 - 4
2005 - 3
2006 - 3

So over 4 years Doba took 13 still 2 more than Wulff and seven less than Leach, and probably helped contribute to our decline, but instead of coming in and fixing that problem. Wulff's solution was to recruit even less. Where as someone like Leach walks in says WTF where are my lineman?!? and starts putting an emphasis on it.

It always starts with the O-line on offense. Doesn't matter if you are running a gun throw it all the time Air Raid, or a Power Run, or a Single Back. Having a deep pool of lineman is critical. Not just for your offenses's health, but your QBs as well.

We had more injuries to QBs under Wulff than any coach I can remember and it shows in the sack numbers (which I've posted on here before)

You can argue till you are blue in the face Ed, but everything points to Wulff having absolutely no idea how to run a program at the BCS level. His record shows it, his recruiting rankings show it, his failure to understand scholarships show it, his failure in our APR 2007 season, 2008 season we posted a 918. To contrast things Leach posted 944, 951, 973 (Highest ever), Wulff was a terrible terrible terrible head coach.

What we have now is a coach who has taken us to a bowl game, posted the highest APR in our history, is breaking NCAA records, recruiting at the highest levels we've had in a decade, putting more people in the NFL than we've had go in a decade. It's a big turn around, and yes we need more wins, but I have complete faith that they will come.

Leach is actually building us a program. From the roster depth, to the classroom work to breaking school and NCAA records, and yet you want to cling and defend the person who set off the bomb that made us return to ground zero like somehow that will make Wulff's terrible decisions better? or less of the complete ineptness he displayed?

I judge Wulff solely on what he did and take into consideration what he was handed before I came to my conclusions about him, and he made his verdict PERFECTLY clear. He was a horrible horrible coach. He was given a mediocre team and he ran the program into the ground.

Leach was given a bad team/program and is starting to make it close to decent. If he maintains his recruiting and builds on what he's done so far the break out will happen. 8-9 wins is not far away. Last year despite losing our starting QB, a swiss cheese secondary we still could have beaten Cal, Could have beaten Rutgers, Could have beaten Oregon, That's 3 games that were decided by just 1 score. And that's with the defense and special teams being terrible. If those two units are decent we win 7 games for sure. If they are actually good we will in 8-9. It's not far away. It's actually attainable. A far cry from 2-10,1-11,2-10.... but keep on riding that delusional train that Wulff put you on...maybe he'll give you some of his special coffee he makes so well on the sidelines of Team USA.
I remember when Wulff said that there was a shortage of Olinemen in one year. Funny thing about that, it's easily looked up. There were more Olinemen that year (whichever it was. As I recall I looked up the numbers from his whole tenure) and there wasn't a shortage at any time… It's that kind of stuff that truly sunk the boat for me. As I've stated in other posts, you don't lie to me. You do that, I'm done. He was done.

Yes, and the moment Leach had to put in a rookie center Halliday gets rolled up. How many injuries did Leach have on the oline year one or year two? Leach is on to something. Every coach in the country should copy the beach. It is not a coincidence his lineman stay healthy.

2008 was unreal. Unreal the number of injuries on the oline and three rookie QB's. Do I think Alex Brink had a great line in front of him? No, I think he was so smart he checked out of bad plays and didn't expose him to the shots Rogers and Lopina took. PSU went "Casino", more players blitzed than blockers to block them. Do I know the original play call? Nope, Do I know what most teams do when it is on? Yep. Block down, hit a crossing route. It is a play that can't take more than two seconds. Did Rogers even recognize the blitz? I am ultra confident, even with that banged up line Brink would have hit the hot read and seen that guy coming.

Yes, and the moment Leach had to put in a rookie center Halliday gets rolled up. How many injuries did Leach have on the oline year one or year two? Leach is on to something. Every coach in the country should copy the beach. It is not a coincidence his lineman stay healthy.

2008 was unreal. Unreal the number of injuries on the oline and three rookie QB's. Do I think Alex Brink had a great line in front of him? No, I think he was so smart he checked out of bad plays and didn't expose him to the shots Rogers and Lopina took. PSU went "Casino", more players blitzed than blockers to block them. Do I know the original play call? Nope, Do I know what most teams do when it is on? Yep. Block down, hit a crossing route. It is a play that can't take more than two seconds. Did Rogers even recognize the blitz? I am ultra confident, even with that banged up line Brink would have hit the hot read and seen that guy coming.
Oh shit, Portland State ran a BLITZ?!? That's borderline cheating! How could Wulff have prepared for that? And if the QB didn't read it, that's the QB's fault, not the coach at all.

Oh shit, Portland State ran a BLITZ?!? That's borderline cheating! How could Wulff have prepared for that? And if the QB didn't read it, that's the QB's fault, not the coach at all.
No I am saying inexperience players make mistakes. Are you saying Leach did a crappy job preparing falk for ASU and UW? The fact a redshirt senior had no experience manifested itself on that exact play.

No I am saying inexperience players make mistakes. Are you saying Leach did a crappy job preparing falk for ASU and UW? The fact a redshirt senior had no experience manifested itself on that exact play.
Most inexperienced players don't get their backs broken in a "P5 v. FCS" game, though (if it happens often to non-Wulff teams, feel free to show an example)- that takes a failure to prepare your team, in many aspects- a failing Wulff was guilty of over, and over. He played Portland St. for YEARS before as a Big Sky coach- and he was surprised they blitzed?! That's what you're going with?

Bowl teams in our conference aren't the same as bad Big Sky teams, but you need to treat them as equals or else you have no point.

From someone who "made a move" that backfired? Stupid is as stupED does.
You seem proud of the fact you betrayed his trust and stalked his coworker and posted her name on here. Says a lot about your character.

You need to be fitted for a straight jacket.

You seem proud of the fact you betrayed his trust and stalked his coworker and posted her name on here.

Produce the post to prove it, and while you're at it, dolt, produce Ed's posts in which he divulges details about a co-worker's personal life. Btw, some time ago I refuted these claims on the premium board, or didn't your big sis share that with you? Go away and play now, little fella.

Produce the post to prove it, and while you're at it, dolt, produce Ed's posts in which he divulges details about a co-worker's personal life. Btw, some time ago I refuted these claims on the premium board, or didn't your big sis share that with you? Go away and play now, little fella.
Well, I don't have access to Ed's computer...and I'm not going to go through all if your posts.. More than half of which are about Ed.

We both know what happened...but perhaps one of your other personalities tells you different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT