ADVERTISEMENT

Per FootballScoop, another Cougs asst.coach could be departing

We should look at either Paul Wulf or Jasson Geser. I believe both to be passionate, detailed football minds and both have unique perspectives to add to our recruiting and coaching tree. Would be homeruns IMO.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I have visions in my head of ElC doing a victory dance right now. Trust me, it's not pretty...

They should contact the OL coach at OSU, but doubt Leach will do that.

Until it begins to effect recruiting or the incoming coach < the old coach. Then good riddance.

Wonderful news!! Their loss is our gain.! It is funny as i wonder if his fan club will still love him? Trust me their tears will not be pretty. It is huge slap in the face to Leach who gave him a job he could not handle.If they can land a quality line coach,the team will be improved in that area.

Reactions: Observer11
I was thinking more about it and we should look at Jim Sharkies, (who cares about the hot dog thing), butch Goncharranoff from Bellview. Recruiting inns in the state.

I care about the hot dog thing... I know many that care about the hot dog thing. He needs to stay away from children, IMHO.

We should look at either Paul Wulf or Jasson Geser. I believe both to be passionate, detailed football minds and both have unique perspectives to add to our recruiting and coaching tree. Would be homeruns IMO.

And they're Cougars!

Exactly. I don’t think others know how to couch on the Palouse. We need someone who has been here before and understands the ins and outs of coaching here, no outsiders. Paul had one of the better olines in 08-11 in the PAC too

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Exactly. I don’t think others know how to couch on the Palouse.

Couch? Well, WSU students know how to couch on the palouse. After the USC game, I heard at least 8 couches were burned out in the streets. I can recall back in my day after an apple cup win in the snow (yes, those AC win things have happened) several couches being burned in celebration.
I know you meant 'coach' but I'm bored and decided to have some fun with this.

Gibbons worst nightmare comes through. He can no longer be head of his fan club.He also left to Texas Tech A big slap in the face to his fan club and Leach. Give the man a cigar.

Gibbons worst nightmare comes through. He can no longer be head of his fan club.He also left to Texas Tech A big slap in the face to his fan club and Leach. Give the man a cigar.

I trust Leach. We will never know what goes on behind the scene. I wonder about two things: One, with the success that WSU is having maybe some of the coaches want more than Leach can or is willing to give. I am sure it cost him a lot to get our current DC. Two, maybe some of the coaches overrate their part of the success.

In this case maybe Leach saw a chance to make a change in the offensive line position coach. He may have wanted to move McGuire to offensive backs, the position he has the most experience with. Leach may have looked outside for the best available coach and found a offensive line coach. There is also an experienced offensive line coach on staff. He played OL for three years at Texas A&M, as well as having coached the position. If Leach thinks he can recruit, he may be the answer.

I do not know what your going to be able to complain about next year. It is only getting better.

Jokes on Tech on this move.

With ELC, not a real hard one to replace. Leach had to basically coach the O-Line in the games I watched.

I trust Leach. We will never know what goes on behind the scene. I wonder about two things: One, with the success that WSU is having maybe some of the coaches want more than Leach can or is willing to give. I am sure it cost him a lot to get our current DC. Two, maybe some of the coaches overrate their part of the success.

In this case maybe Leach saw a chance to make a change in the offensive line position coach. He may have wanted to move McGuire to offensive backs, the position he has the most experience with. Leach may have looked outside for the best available coach and found a offensive line coach. There is also an experienced offensive line coach on staff. He played OL for three years at Texas A&M, as well as having coached the position. If Leach thinks he can recruit, he may be the answer.

I do not know what your going to be able to complain about next year. It is only getting better.

Who are you referring to?

Not so sure about that. Claeys made $616,000 when he was DC at Minnesota, and (only) got a $500,000 buyout when he was fired. And he was a bit toxic, fair or not. I would imagine we are paying him about what grinch made ($600K).

Last edited:
The most talent WSU has had in a long time on the OL was pissed away this year.
I’m not qualified to critically assess the play of the OL, but I do know Leach seemed to single them out a lot last season as playing soft and weak.

Reactions: Cougzz
I think that it is not strong enough. The weakest coach on staff is now gone.

Not as close to it as you guys, but it was clear from just watching games that Leach was far more involved with in game coaching of the O-line then he was with any other unit.

He would never have fired McGuire because of history/loyalty and all of the other crap going on this off-season, so if he can get a good replacement this is probably will turn into a favorable development.

Reactions: Tx64
Chuck Langston....coached the TE's and DLine at Oklahoma in 1999' (Leach year). Coaches the oline at North Texas now.

Another name would be Matt Moore ( Troy) who coached O-line for Leach at Tech and played for him at Valdosta State.

Also > Mike Hallett ( O-line and Running Game coach at Toledo)

Reactions: Tx64
A copy of Harold Etheridge's book to the first Waldenite to start a separate thread seriously suggesting this?

I was thinking maybe calitrojan or tripps sluggo. Those guys have coached legendary players.

A copy of Harold Etheridge's book to the first Waldenite to start a separate thread seriously suggesting this?

Do you think we can get Etheridge? That would be a coup. He is such a big time coach now.

I get your point, but I think “pissed away” is a bit too strong. We had a great season, but just couldn’t take the next step.

You’re wrong. Tell me, when will WSU have another Outland Trophy finalist? Never again is probably the answer. Where was the running game? Where were the ugly yards in the red zone? You wanna take some heat off the pass rush? Why wasn’t there a trap called???

They had 3 kids on the OL that should’ve been able to produce some ground yards and push the offense over the top.

WSU doesn’t have the luxury of missing out on having huge years. WSU doesn’t have so much high end talent that they can afford to let it underachieve.

Not being able to take the next step with your best players on the roster is a disaster. Taking a RB job at another school isn’t a promotion. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was encouraged to move on.

Reactions: Cougzz
He was a running back coach coaching the offensive line. He did okay. It is certainly a chance for Leach to improve the position.

Ok isn’t enough. In fact, ok is what WSU has done for decades and culminated in Coach Turd. Ok, will ruin your program.

Maybe the question that should be asked is this.... do Saban and Belichick talk about being ok in their programs??? Yes or no is the only answer acceptable because you either are or you are not.

Ok isn’t enough. In fact, ok is what WSU has done for decades and culminated in Coach Turd. Ok, will ruin your program.

Maybe the question that should be asked is this.... do Saban and Belichick talk about being ok in their programs??? Yes or no is the only answer acceptable because you either are or you are not.

He was a running back coach. I think that is where Leach would have preferred him. He had Mastro, so could not put him there. He tried to take care of him at OL. I think with Mastro gone, Leach had an opportunity to move him there. He was paid well at offensive line. I do not know what he would make as the running back. Mastro made less. It was a chance to improve the line coach position. I think it disappointed Leach that he had carried him for five years and then he leave for a job that will last maybe one year.

The Texas Tech coach is on thin ice. When he was hired he was supposed to take TT back to the Leach glory days. The previous TT RB coach is now a head coach at a small Texas college. Maybe he thinks in a year he can get one of the small Texas college jobs.

I think if Leach has a weakness he takes care of coaches, that do not that do not fully appreciate him.

No Paul Wulff!!! Have you all learned nothing!

Go look at the sacks allowed under wulff. No no no no no no no no no.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
(I know you all are joking at least I hope so)

Matt Moore looks good to me.
The Toledo guy looks fine.

Leach has a good opportunity to bring in fresh minds and excitement to the RB and the o line.

No Paul Wulff!!! Have you all learned nothing!

Go look at the sacks allowed under wulff. No no no no no no no no no.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
(I know you all are joking at least I hope so)

Matt Moore looks good to me.
The Toledo guy looks fine.

Leach has a good opportunity to bring in fresh minds and excitement to the RB and the o line.

As long as they are hard working recruiters. Matt Moore has history with Leach. The Toledo guy does not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT