ADVERTISEMENT

Players only meeting with Chun at 5:30.

Maybe . I think it would be a mistake but it will give those who don’t play very often some playing time . Their protest will make no difference. None. And if I was Abe Lucas , Ryan , Borghi, etc they missed all of 2020 and now missing games to protest. If they walk what keeps the AD from saying pack up your bags?

WTF are blabbing about? Ryan is a super senior, Borghi is going to the NFL, Lucas too. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Players like JDL could be gone. There is no punishment to leave. You are eligible right away.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
WSU is really in a no win situation with this. And honestly, the recent winning just complicates matters.

They either approve his exemption and accommodate him and it will look like he sidestepped the mandate and got special treatment, or he'll be denied and fired, and it will look like WSU is forcing the vaccine on him. Either way, people are going to be pissed off and take it out on the WSU admin.

So strange to think about it. No other school is having to deal with this.
The reason no other school is dealing with is because their Head coach got a shot. This is a WSU problem, but it was created by the coach, not the other way around.

WTF are blabbing about? Ryan is a super senior, Borghi is going to the NFL, Lucas too. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Players like JDL could be gone. There is no punishment to leave. You are eligible right away.

Then let them go. Good bye. They should take note of where all the other kids that entered the portal landed.

There will be zero shortage of coaches and kids wanting to be at a P5 school. None.

There are plenty of coaches not vaccinated. You are ignorant to think they are. You only see Pac-12 coaches, but there is a lot of coaches in the country who aren't and won't get it and will refuse to come to Washington over it.

Richardson is a great coach and he will probably be gone. He will go to the SEC or another school in a state that doesn't require a mandate and crush it. So, yes, there will be fall out from this with really good coaches.

I guess all those stories during media weeks about coaches and teams being vaxxed we made up. My bad.

I guess all those stories during media weeks about coaches and teams being vaxxed we made up. My bad.
You have no clue what the coaches Vax status is at all the SEC schools or Big 10 or ACC schools. You only know about Pac-12 schools and the coaches that shared it.

Leach was asked and he told the dude if he was or wasn't he wouldn't tell them. We still don't know what his staff vax status is. Harsin isn't vaccinated and he's still a head coach.

Let's go get Jed Fish to appease you!

Reactions: Mitchf350
They like me would have Rafael Palmero inject an performance enhancing steroid once with Alex Rodriguez watching to make 3 mil. There is only one head coach who did not choose to get jabbed.
So, every coach in America got the vaccine. Care to back that up?

Can Mason's special teams coach get an exemption from WSU if she is pregnant?
Not sure if serious question, but my niece is pregnant and has been denied admission and employment because she doesn't want to risk it. She said she'll do it after she delivers, but not before.

But you know... her body, (not) her choice. Besides, what's inside her isn't technically even alive, just a glob of cells specifically resembling a human being.

It would be. DM me which location you’re at. Or I could show up. Either way, you’re done hiding behind the keyboard. We are meeting.
Biggs vs the internet

Last I checked, you're the only one threatening to physically assault people on this board. Yaki was banned for as much, not sure what Scott is waiting for, he'd be doing us all a favor.

Well Chun has had well over a month to prepare for this day, he knew it was coming, so he has to have plan A, B and C with the coaching options. The wild card in this is the players reaction, you can't predict what they will do, the initial reaction of the players might be to boycott, however you have position coaches, which will be kept on, and so much of this really depends upon Senior leadership on the team for many this is their last chance at organized football. WSU didn't let the team down, the Governor and the Rolo did. I was reading the Hawaii papers to find out the reaction over there, not a lot of sympathy for him, vast majority of the the fan reaction was negative towards Rolo, most felt he was ruining a great opportunity simply for being stubborn. Sometimes you see things better from a distance.

Well Chun has had well over a month to prepare for this day, he knew it was coming, so he has to have plan A, B and C with the coaching options. The wild card in this is the players reaction, you can't predict what they will do, the initial reaction of the players might be to boycott, however you have position coaches, which will be kept on, and so much of this really depends upon Senior leadership on the team for many this is their last chance at organized football. WSU didn't let the team down, the Governor and the Rolo did. I was reading the Hawaii papers to find out the reaction over there, not a lot of sympathy for him, vast majority of the the fan reaction was negative towards Rolo, most felt he was ruining a great opportunity simply for being stubborn. Sometimes you see things better from a distance.
My guess is that Dickert gets the nod. Not sure if he wants it like this, but its an opportunity for sure.

Yep. And now we do it in person.
How bout your drive your ass over to Dufur for a cold one and simmer the fck down...

Besides, today should be your best day ever! You get to see Rolo canned, the program burn to the ground, JDL will probably xfer, and now you'll have a new QB and coaching staff to bitch about! Its like Christmas in October!!

*** I'm guessing that Biggs the tough guy has me on ignore. How ironic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitchf350
Yep. And now we do it in person.

-shd2gSws8hyg8DKPfScL4cddTvJ59ksgNmNRkQxSQ0.jpg

Reactions: BiggsCoug
You have no clue what the coaches Vax status is at all the SEC schools or Big 10 or ACC schools. You only know about Pac-12 schools and the coaches that shared it.

Leach was asked and he told the dude if he was or wasn't he wouldn't tell them. We still don't know what his staff vax status is. Harsin isn't vaccinated and he's still a head coach.

Let's go get Jed Fish to appease you!
What the hell does Jed Fisch have to do with anything?

BH...I guess I answered the wrong question or I am babbling on the wrong subject. When someone mentioned they would protest do you think the seniors will protest the upcoming game? Yes, my guess or expectation is JDL will transfer. They transfer new players will come in. On the defensive side of the ball they brought in better players than we had.

If you aren't willing to get a vaccination to coach the Cougs, your commitment isn't what it should be. Who can you argue with that?
You know, if he did what every other coach did this wouldn't be an issue or a distraction. Rolo put the school in a no win situation, and he was disingenuous in his reasons. At least Kyrie comes out and says I am not taking thge vaccine and losing pay to do so and not hide behind the religious exemption...which I suppose could be granted.

Watching Rolo coach on Saturday I think he has some destructive tendencies. Fourth and four? He is fortunate the defense got the ball back after foregoing the first fg. Where would Stanford had been if they kick the fg, and on the next play from scrimmage they fumble like they did?

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Per my daughter... after talking this morning with a couple players she reports Romo is gone along with a "couple" of assistants. Players are overall very pissed off however camp is pretty much split over whether to move forward as though nothing happened or to create "some sort of protest". They think Chun meeting is damage control to try to talk them out of protesting.

You guys are sure making a LOT of assumptions.

The deadline was today. Chun, if he was thinking clearly, would want a meeting after the end of the work day to discuss the result, REGARDLESS of what that result might be. The workday is not over, so nothing is done or decided until then. The meeting is due to the deadline, more than it is due to the message.

That said, one possibility is that 1) Rolo was not given an exemption, and 2) Rolo then choses to stick to his decision to throw away his job. That requires two sequential events, so obviously there are other possibilities, but maybe the result at the end of the day will be that our coach is gone. If so...the rest is pretty easy to predict.

If Rolo is in fact gone (and I'm waiting to see if that happens, but if so), the D staff has done a good job and so far as I've heard are all (or at least almost all) vaxxed. Dickert could easily be declared interim coach and they play with what they have. The players will not be happy about Rolo being gone, but they also will not be happy with his decision to get himself canned over a vaccine that most of the players have taken. And I suspect they will support Dickert for the remaining season, with the added bonus of proving that Rolo can put together a program (which in the final analysis will help him get another job someday). For that very reason, Rolo will also be telling them to go out and win the game, because it will be the only path to long term credibility that he (Rolo) might have available.

Based on the above (which seems most likely to me if Rolo is gone), the players will indeed play like their hair is on fire. And when I've seen this before in P5 football, there is surprisingly good focus on individual assignments in the first game with the interim guy. Consequently, the chances of Dickert winning the first game of his new career as a HC is good. If.....if....if....Rolo is really gone. I don't expect that, because in the final analysis I think he will get the shot if that is what he has to do. But if Rolo is gone, the above is what I expect to happen.

Per my daughter... after talking this morning with a couple players she reports Romo is gone along with a "couple" of assistants. Players are overall very pissed off however camp is pretty much split over whether to move forward as though nothing happened or to create "some sort of protest". They think Chun meeting is damage control to try to talk them out of protesting.
That’s sort of what I expected for initial reactions. They are kids. I bet they play, though. No better way to make a statement.

Chun earns his paycheck today.

We will know in six hours and if he is here he got an exemption and if he is not then we move on . In March of 1995 the program exploited. Three of Prices best young recruits, Daryl James, a DT in the size of Leon and Gary played all of 95 cause Leon was at a cc. He would have been a helluva a player. Started 11 games . He transferred. Ricky Austin who was probably the highest recruited lineman of that era also got significant playing time as a freshman . He transferred. A Linebacker named Glover was a sub 4.5 guy who could run and played a lot as a freshman transferred . Everyone thought yhe program was toast. It survived. It survived Sweeney to Sherrill Sherrill to powers powers to Walden in consecutive years . It survived Wulff . Whatever happens the program will survive this
It was worse, actually, Paul Michelbart, the state #1 OL who had initially signed with Notre Dame, was a no show too.

However, let's not kid ourselves, we don't have "two years from a Rose Bowl" talent, still in the fold. We did get rid of some serious ambivalence in the top job though.

You guys are sure making a LOT of assumptions.

The deadline was today. Chun, if he was thinking clearly, would want a meeting after the end of the work day to discuss the result, REGARDLESS of what that result might be. The workday is not over, so nothing is done or decided until then. The meeting is due to the deadline, more than it is due to the message.

That said, one possibility is that 1) Rolo was not given an exemption, and 2) Rolo then choses to stick to his decision to throw away his job. That requires two sequential events, so obviously there are other possibilities, but maybe the result at the end of the day will be that our coach is gone. If so...the rest is pretty easy to predict.

If Rolo is in fact gone (and I'm waiting to see if that happens, but if so), the D staff has done a good job and so far as I've heard are all (or at least almost all) vaxxed. Dickert could easily be declared interim coach and they play with what they have. The players will not be happy about Rolo being gone, but they also will not be happy with his decision to get himself canned over a vaccine that most of the players have taken. And I suspect they will support Dickert for the remaining season, with the added bonus of proving that Rolo can put together a program (which in the final analysis will help him get another job someday). For that very reason, Rolo will also be telling them to go out and win the game, because it will be the only path to long term credibility that he (Rolo) might have available.

Based on the above (which seems most likely to me if Rolo is gone), the players will indeed play like their hair is on fire. And when I've seen this before in P5 football, there is surprisingly good focus on individual assignments in the first game with the interim guy. Consequently, the chances of Dickert winning the first game of his new career as a HC is good. If.....if....if....Rolo is really gone. I don't expect that, because in the final analysis I think he will get the shot if that is what he has to do. But if Rolo is gone, the above is what I expect to happen.
As a Broncos fan who watched the Raiders kick their asses all over field yesterday minus John Gruden I can confirm. Losing Rolo isn’t going to necessarily derail the team Saturday or beyond.

Nope....not everyone coach in the country has got vaxed. Our QB coach is not and I believe three other coaches as well.
Do you know for sure that our QB coach hasn’t? Wearing a mask on the sideline doesn’t mean he isn’t vaxed. He might not be but I don’t remember other specific names outside of Rolo.

Reactions: kougkurt
Do you know for sure that our QB coach hasn’t? Wearing a mask on the sideline doesn’t mean he isn’t vaxed. He might not be but I don’t remember other specific names outside of Rolo.
No, he doesn't. Nobody does.

But we'll know tonight at 5:30.

You know, if he did what every other coach did this wouldn't be an issue or a distraction. Rolo put the school in a no win situation, and he was disingenuous in his reasons. At least Kyrie comes out and says I am not taking thge vaccine and losing pay to do so and not hide behind the religious exemption...which I suppose could be granted.

Watching Rolo coach on Saturday I think he has some destructive tendencies. Fourth and four? He is fortunate the defense got the ball back after foregoing the first fg. Where would Stanford had been if they kick the fg, and on the next play from scrimmage they fumble like they did?
Like I said, you want a coach who recognized that with a 3.2 million salary comes major obligations and responsibilities. That type of money means coaching must be priority #1, family and your god must wait till Sunday afternoon.

This can mean really only one thing... that he is gone. Why else would the AD meet with the kids without the coach present?
Well being the son of someone who was in corporate America, when there were these unscheduled meetings it normally meant we were moving to another state, as the President was just blown out or the company was acquired.

In 2011 the small company I worked for was bought by a larger local company. Two years later an email comes out, XYZ Corp Summit at the Meydenbauer Center tomorrow at noon. I told my wife, the company was just sold. She argued and argued, and half way through the Presidents speech I looked at her(as he was talking about a need for updated computer crap) and I looked at her and said "here it comes".

I would have hoped Rolo wouldn't put himself and the school and the team through this. But it did occur to me he may really not like Pullman. Maybe is wife was like Bennett's wife and wanted to go back home. They can live comfortably with the 6 mil earned the last two years, and then sue and see if they get any more cash.

Maybe I am hyper sensitive to these types of meeting, but something is being discussed that isn't normal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT