ADVERTISEMENT

Rolo’s a NoNo

Good. Why anyone who wears crimson and gray is rooting for this clown to receive a payday he didn’t earn is baffling to me. Y’all can’t stand liberal policies and people getting tax money given to them they didn’t earn…poster boy right here.

Good. Why anyone who wears crimson and gray is rooting for this clown to receive a payday he didn’t earn is baffling to me. Y’all can’t stand liberal policies and people getting tax money given to them they didn’t earn…poster boy right here.
Halleluiah. F that stupid dipshit and his 4 stupid assistants. As I've said before, the freaking Pope told people to get vaxxed. So how can you possibly cite your Catholic religion as an exemption?

What a G-d idiot. Say goodbye to your career, dumbshit.

Sorry to baffle you. Not a fan of public institutions persecuting individuals for expressing their religious beliefs, particularly when time has proven that individual right for his reluctance to violate his beliefs. But whatever, throw individual rights out he window if the issue is politically advantageous.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
I agree Rolo knew the rules and made his bed. You can disagree the if the rules were fair but he made the choice that lead to the loss of the job and millions of dollars.

Sorry to baffle you. Not a fan of public institutions persecuting individuals for expressing their religious beliefs, particularly when time has proven that individual right for his reluctance to violate his beliefs. But whatever, throw individual rights out he window if the issue is politically advantageous.
Oh Geezus Christ. When the Pope tells people to get vaxxed, then Rolo cites his Catholic faith as his reason not to, I mean come on. Violating what beliefs? He knows more than the Pope?

Oh Geezus Christ. When the Pope tells people to get vaxxed, then Rolo cites his Catholic faith as his reason not to, I mean come on. Violating what beliefs? He knows more than the Pope?
Bill Gates fleeced the Pope. Rolo was too smart for that.

Halleluiah. F that stupid dipshit and his 4 stupid assistants. As I've said before, the freaking Pope told people to get vaxxed. So how can you possibly cite your Catholic religion as an exemption?

Say hello to high school football.

I’m a little surprised he didn’t dismiss the suit against WSU at the same time. The reasoning is pretty well articulated in the quote:
“This Court and many others around the country have consistently found COVID-19 vaccine mandates for state employees are facially neutral and generally applicable, and terminating an employee for failing to comply with a vaccine mandate is a permissible employment action”

Based on that statement alone, it seems pretty likely that the whole thing will get thrown out. As it should. Religious beliefs and effectiveness of the vaccine aren’t even relevant to the case - the mandate was legally allowable, and he didn’t comply. Case closed.

In this it's not about Rolo getting more money then he deserves.

Just like most of the rest of you, I think Rolo's approach, methodology was bad, and should have gotten fired for not taking the Vaccine, making WSU, himself look bad, waiting until last second to apply for exemption, his bad coaching, leaving the cupboard less full, bad recruiting, etc

That said, what EMPEROR INSLEE did was much worse.

1. By executive fiat, without a VOTE, he UNILATERALLY, did the MANDATES, Semi Lockdowns, etc.

While that was technically right in the SHORT TERM, and his right to do under his EMERGENCY powers, authority, he UNCONSTITUTIONALLY in the VERY LONG TERM, didn't have his Mandates, Lockdowns, etc, VOTED on by the STATE LEGISLATURES, LEGISLATORS, like what is supposed to happen to RATIFY, extend his mandates, lockdowns, etc.

It's kind of like Bush senior going into Panama, to oust Noriega, he did so as a executive Fiat, which was ok at first, but he failed, as the deadline expired, failed to get congressional approval like he was supposed to, which made democrats upset.

2. At the beginning of COVID, there was every reason to put in emergency measures, as there was a lot we didn't know, and needed to be careful, and for the first 9 months to a year, it was bad.

About 1.5 Million died due to covid. Most of those were 63+ that didn't get the Vaccine, or had cancer, diabetes, etc.

Most of those deaths happened IN THE FIRST YEAR, and the Mortality rate was about .50 to .85 to 1%, out of about 100 million infections. 600k deaths were in first year alone out of 100 million infections. That doesn't look as bad.

But the media and politician SPIN DOCTORS kept on only mentioning 600k, and not putting it into context of such a low mortality rate, and how it was mostly affecting 63+ year olds that were unvaccinated.

The remaining 900k dead out of the 1.5 million dead, has died over the last 3,4 years, meaning about 275k dead per year on average, and each year the death toll went down, as the 3rd, 4th year has had about 125k+ out of about 200 million infections, which about a .19% of 1% Extremely low Mortality rate, almost asow as the FLU's past mortality rates of about .10% of 1%.

The reason why this is important, is that EMPEROR INSLEE LIED, AND SPIN DOCTORED JUST AS BAD AS ALL THE OTHERS DID.

3. While those who are VULNERABLE, should Vaccinate, as it helps a LITTLE TINY BIT, and altho the UN, NOT vulnerable younger, etc, masses vaccinating helped a little tiny bit, overall Vaccination didn't help or didn't hurt that much, wasn't that effective.

So the Vaccines while it was ok for people to get vaccinated, as only ultimate extreme little chance of bad side effects, and how it was NOT made from aborted fetuses, embryos, etc, SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FORCED ON PEOPLE VERY LONG TERM.

But EMPEROR INSLEE LIED, SPIN DOCTORED ABOUT VACCINES, AND FORCED VACCINATIONS, LONG TERM.

INSLEE WRONGFULLY FORCED government employees to get the Vaccination or be FIRED.

He also incentivized, put pressure on, almost forced Corporations to fire those who didn't vaccinate, which caused Corporations to fire those who didn't Vaccinate.

It was the ultimate DRACONIAN TACTIC to DEPRIVE people of their jobs, possibly make them at least temporarily homeless, HUNGRY, starving, etc, only because they didn't vaccinate, when the vaccines weren't that effective as they could have been, and since INSLEE LIED about it, and since INSLEE didn't get it ratified by state Congress in the long termz like he was supposed to do.

Because of all the above, EMPEROR INSLEE IS RESPONSIBLE, LIABLE, AND SUEABLE, etc.

That Federal Judge is WRONG, just like the 4th, 9th circuit court of appeals judges are often wrong.

Would love to see this case goto the USA Supreme Court.

Not so that Rolo can get his money, as I could care less about that, and in a way don't want him to get any money.

But I do want Emperor Inslee's WRONG DOINGS, HELD TO THE FIRE, and let a JURY look at the facts, interpret the facts, and decide the issue of Emperor Inslee's mal feasance, responsibility, abuse of power, lying, being uninformed, INCOMPETANCE, etc.

By doing so we prevent, deter a future governor from doing what INSLEE wrongly did.

Reactions: 702coug
I hope you are joking. I'm not Catholic (or religious at all), But c'mon. Rolo is smarter than the Pope. WTF is that?
Yes, it was a joke. Rolo had made comments about Bill Gates and his involvement with the vaccine early on.

In this it's not about Rolo getting more money then he deserves.

Just like most of the rest of you, I think Rolo's approach, methodology was bad, and should have gotten fired for not taking the Vaccine, making WSU, himself look bad, waiting until last second to apply for exemption, his bad coaching, leaving the cupboard less full, bad recruiting, etc

That said, what EMPEROR INSLEE did was much worse.

1. By executive fiat, without a VOTE, he UNILATERALLY, did the MANDATES, Semi Lockdowns, etc.

While that was technically right in the SHORT TERM, and his right to do under his EMERGENCY powers, authority, he UNCONSTITUTIONALLY in the VERY LONG TERM, didn't have his Mandates, Lockdowns, etc, VOTED on by the STATE LEGISLATURES, LEGISLATORS, like what is supposed to happen to RATIFY, extend his mandates, lockdowns, etc.

It's kind of like Bush senior going into Panama, to oust Noriega, he did so as a executive Fiat, which was ok at first, but he failed, as the deadline expired, failed to get congressional approval like he was supposed to, which made democrats upset.

2. At the beginning of COVID, there was every reason to put in emergency measures, as there was a lot we didn't know, and needed to be careful, and for the first 9 months to a year, it was bad.

About 1.5 Million died due to covid. Most of those were 63+ that didn't get the Vaccine, or had cancer, diabetes, etc.

Most of those deaths happened IN THE FIRST YEAR, and the Mortality rate was about .50 to .85 to 1%, out of about 100 million infections. 600k deaths were in first year alone out of 100 million infections. That doesn't look as bad.

But the media and politician SPIN DOCTORS kept on only mentioning 600k, and not putting it into context of such a low mortality rate, and how it was mostly affecting 63+ year olds that were unvaccinated.

The remaining 900k dead out of the 1.5 million dead, has died over the last 3,4 years, meaning about 275k dead per year on average, and each year the death toll went down, as the 3rd, 4th year has had about 125k+ out of about 200 million infections, which about a .19% of 1% Extremely low Mortality rate, almost asow as the FLU's past mortality rates of about .10% of 1%.

The reason why this is important, is that EMPEROR INSLEE LIED, AND SPIN DOCTORED JUST AS BAD AS ALL THE OTHERS DID.

3. While those who are VULNERABLE, should Vaccinate, as it helps a LITTLE TINY BIT, and altho the UN, NOT vulnerable younger, etc, masses vaccinating helped a little tiny bit, overall Vaccination didn't help or didn't hurt that much, wasn't that effective.

So the Vaccines while it was ok for people to get vaccinated, as only ultimate extreme little chance of bad side effects, and how it was NOT made from aborted fetuses, embryos, etc, SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FORCED ON PEOPLE VERY LONG TERM.

But EMPEROR INSLEE LIED, SPIN DOCTORED ABOUT VACCINES, AND FORCED VACCINATIONS, LONG TERM.

INSLEE WRONGFULLY FORCED government employees to get the Vaccination or be FIRED.

He also incentivized, put pressure on, almost forced Corporations to fire those who didn't vaccinate, which caused Corporations to fire those who didn't Vaccinate.

It was the ultimate DRACONIAN TACTIC to DEPRIVE people of their jobs, possibly make them at least temporarily homeless, HUNGRY, starving, etc, only because they didn't vaccinate, when the vaccines weren't that effective as they could have been, and since INSLEE LIED about it, and since INSLEE didn't get it ratified by state Congress in the long termz like he was supposed to do.

Because of all the above, EMPEROR INSLEE IS RESPONSIBLE, LIABLE, AND SUEABLE, etc.

That Federal Judge is WRONG, just like the 4th, 9th circuit court of appeals judges are often wrong.

Would love to see this case goto the USA Supreme Court.

Not so that Rolo can get his money, as I could care less about that, and in a way don't want him to get any money.

But I do want Emperor Inslee's WRONG DOINGS, HELD TO THE FIRE, and let a JURY look at the facts, interpret the facts, and decide the issue of Emperor Inslee's mal feasance, responsibility, abuse of power, lying, being uninformed, INCOMPETANCE, etc.

By doing so we prevent, deter a future governor from doing what INSLEE wrongly did.

The pandemic was a dark time in our history. We saw how government abused their power and history will not be kind to them and all who supported the lockdowns, jab mandates, out of control spending, and school closures. How shameful and corrupt these people were. They should go hide under a large rock.

But they won't, because they are shameless and most are like sheep and don't think for themselves (I'm looking at you Ed, and others like you).

Rolo messed up because I don't think he was honest from the beginning about his objection to the unnecessary jab. Inslee is a snake and a coward. We all know that. After all, he's a politician. He also enjoys exerting power over others in the most cynical of ways.

I nearly got released from my job for not getting the jab. I was the only one in an organization of over 200 people who didnt comply. I held my ground and, fortunately, my terrific manager (who took the jab and all the boosters) backed me up.

My reasoning was that I had zero chance of dying from covid, so why take an experimental mrna shot and increase my risk of health problems? I was proven right. The problems from getting the jab are coming out more and more every day. The Supreme Court sort of bailed me out by ruling that jab mandates were unconstitutional. At least there is some sanity still existing in government. I'm not sure my employer actually would have fired me though.

Back to Rolo, I don't think he was clear from the beginning about his objection to the jab. I question whether he had a true religious objection. I also think the state was wrong to impose this idiotic, immoral, and unconstitutional requirement.

Remember lefties, "my body, my choice." How do you like that turned back on you? Lol. (And don't claim that the jab helped prevent the spread of covid. That proved to be a lie.)

Hate to break it to you guys, but if I'm not mistaken, the lawsuit against WSU continues, only Rolo's suits against Inslee and Chun, personally, have been dismissed. The general legal practice is to throw every conceivable claim in the initial complaint, to avoid the possibility of being found to have waived the claim later. This is in essence a wrongful termination claim, and it proceeds. If you get fired from a company you can alway try to sue your supervisor too, but it seldom works. The only one who is happy here is the insurer who issued Chun's personal error and omissions policy, it is probably off the hook.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Hate to break it to you guys, but if I'm not mistaken, the lawsuit against WSU continues, only Rolo's suits against Inslee and Chun, personally, have been dismissed. The general legal practice is to throw every conceivable claim in the initial complaint, to avoid the possibility of being found to have waived the claim later. This is in essence a wrongful termination claim, and it proceeds. If you get fired from a company you can alway try to sue your supervisor too, but it seldom works. The only one who is happy here is the insurer who issued Chun's personal error and omissions policy, it is probably off the hook.
This is correct. The suit will continue against WSU and, either way, will be appealed.

It will be over about the time the North-South Freeway is complete.

If I was a betting man, the longer it drags on, the greater chance WSU will settle.

Reactions: froropmkr72
This is correct. The suit will continue against WSU and, either way, will be appealed.

It will be over about the time the North-South Freeway is complete.

If I was a betting man, the longer it drags on, the greater chance WSU will settle.

O-11,

Wouldn't that actually be a worse outcome for WSU Athletics?

If the Governor loses a lawsuit, that bill doesn't end up in Doc Schultz's in-box.

There's probably some kind of ceiling on how much an individual (Chun) would have to pay if Team RoLo prevails in court.

But if WSU gets in a long, drawn-out legal battle and ends up with the wrong side of the ruling, the judgement (or settlement) plus legal fees could be in the 8 figures

The pandemic was a dark time in our history. We saw how government abused their power and history will not be kind to them and all who supported the lockdowns, jab mandates, out of control spending, and school closures. How shameful and corrupt these people were. They should go hide under a large rock.

But they won't, because they are shameless and most are like sheep and don't think for themselves (I'm looking at you Ed, and others like you).

Rolo messed up because I don't think he was honest from the beginning about his objection to the unnecessary jab. Inslee is a snake and a coward. We all know that. After all, he's a politician. He also enjoys exerting power over others in the most cynical of ways.

I nearly got released from my job for not getting the jab. I was the only one in an organization of over 200 people who didnt comply. I held my ground and, fortunately, my terrific manager (who took the jab and all the boosters) backed me up.

My reasoning was that I had zero chance of dying from covid, so why take an experimental mrna shot and increase my risk of health problems? I was proven right. The problems from getting the jab are coming out more and more every day. The Supreme Court sort of bailed me out by ruling that jab mandates were unconstitutional. At least there is some sanity still existing in government. I'm not sure my employer actually would have fired me though.

Back to Rolo, I don't think he was clear from the beginning about his objection to the jab. I question whether he had a true religious objection. I also think the state was wrong to impose this idiotic, immoral, and unconstitutional requirement.

Remember lefties, "my body, my choice." How do you like that turned back on you? Lol. (And don't claim that the jab helped prevent the spread of covid. That proved to be a lie.)

Rolo messed up because I don't think he was honest from the beginning about his objection to the unnecessary jab

With all due respect HDTH, that seems like potentially a slippery slope to question a whether a man truly believes his stated religious beliefs.

Let's say Coach RoLo was against getting the shot because he didn't believe in the vaccine itself and the science behind it. Maybe that's all he felt he needed to say at that time?

But he also could've been against the vaccine for religious reasons from Day 1 but felt no need to cite his personal beliefs initially because ... well those were his personal beliefs

With all due respect HDTH, that seems like potentially a slippery slope to question a whether a man truly believes his stated religious beliefs.

Let's say Coach RoLo was against getting the shot because he didn't believe in the vaccine itself and the science behind it. Maybe that's all he felt he needed to say at that time?

But he also could've been against the vaccine for religious reasons from Day 1 but felt no need to cite his personal beliefs initially because ... well those were his personal beliefs

June Jones had some interesting comments about his conversation with Turd….

Hard to say what was requested in the motion to dismiss (and I'm not going to bother to find it and read it). Sounds like it was limited to dismissing Inslee and Chun as defendants. That's not any big victory for WSU/State of Washington.

It's more complicated than that.

I’m a little surprised he didn’t dismiss the suit against WSU at the same time. The reasoning is pretty well articulated in the quote:
“This Court and many others around the country have consistently found COVID-19 vaccine mandates for state employees are facially neutral and generally applicable, and terminating an employee for failing to comply with a vaccine mandate is a permissible employment action”

Based on that statement alone, it seems pretty likely that the whole thing will get thrown out. As it should. Religious beliefs and effectiveness of the vaccine aren’t even relevant to the case - the mandate was legally allowable, and he didn’t comply. Case closed.
WSU/State of Washington may not have asked for that.

As for us "Sheep," while it is "My body, my choice," what the F does that have to do with one's employer, and how he runs his business. You don't get to foust your nut job beliefs on your employer and his employees, particularly when their primary mission is enlightenment and dispelling nut job beliefs, and you are their most visible employee. It isn't like Rolo was an assistant groundskeeper. When you are the primary face of a business, paid accordingly, your first job is to promote, not embarrass, it. That is why coaches/Prezs/ADs routinely get fired "for cause" for saying the wrong thing, "meeting Destiny." drinking and driving, having sex with staff etc., when groundskeepers don't. You have every right to wear a tin foil hat, and your employer has every right to say you can't be a tin foil hat wearer and work for him. The better Rolo cliche is "you can't have the cake and eat it too." Free not to vaccinate, free to express Bill Gate conspiracies, but WSU has no obligation to continue to employ you. Where in your analysis is WSU's rights?

Good point.

Hard to say what was requested in the motion to dismiss (and I'm not going to bother to find it and read it). Sounds like it was limited to dismissing Inslee and Chun as defendants. That's not any big victory for WSU/State of Washington.
My take on this is Rolo's attorneys are trying to say Chun and/or Inslee violated Rolo's civil rights, which is a fairly standard employment law, wrongful termination play (based on my knowledge of the subject).

I still think it's tough sledding for Rolo as the decision to accommodate was done through sources that were not Chun and/or WSU. Inslee's orders were protected due to the state of emergency we were in, so he's basically free to do whatever he needs to do to protect the citizens of the state.

Agreed, this will be one of the dark points in our history. So much ignorance created an angry mob mentality that was ruling things.

As for us "Sheep," while it is "My body, my choice," what the F does that have to do with one's employer, and how he runs his business. You don't get to foust your nut job beliefs on your employer and his employees, particularly when their primary mission is enlightenment and dispelling nut job beliefs, and you are their most visible employee. It isn't like Rolo was an assistant groundskeeper. When you are the primary face of a business, paid accordingly, your first job is to promote, not embarrass, it. That is why coaches/Prezs/ADs routinely get fired "for cause" for saying the wrong thing, "meeting Destiny." drinking and driving, having sex with staff etc., when groundskeepers don't. You have every right to wear a tin foil hat, and your employer has every right to say you can't be a tin foil hat wearer and work for him. The better Rolo cliche is "you can't have the cake and eat it too." Free not to vaccinate, free to express Bill Gate conspiracies, but WSU has no obligation to continue to employ you. Where in your analysis is WSU's rights?
Rolo vs groundskeepers...why insult groundskeepers.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz

How did that happen to me....keep on looking at me. Shrinks (didn't want to be woke in front of you) would say an unhealthy obsession as once again you have called out my name in a post I am not even involved in. Maybe 30 times now. Versus me.... I have brought your name up in posts how many times? Zero

And the numbers when covid 19 was covid 19 and the study showed it had a 85% response rate to transmission. The problem is it morphed to Delta and made the vaccine far less affective to the transmission component.

You know what is funny...I know people on this board who have put crap in their body that is highly problematic. Cocaine for example. No problem doing coke, but for put the vaccine in your body before 7/15/2021,,,that is a bridge too far.

And if you think medicine and disease are constant you live in an alternative world. Cancers morph all the time, but sure call the docs liars.

Reactions: Coug1990
Interesting take here. Does an employer also have the right to force an employee to have an abortion so the employee does not miss work due to morning sickness, doctor appointments, and maternity leave?

Sage Steel didn't want to get the shot. However she did, because she wanted to support her family. Sometimes we have to do things we don't wish to, simply because it is the unselfish thing to do, because you are concerned about others. Rolo never got that part of it.

In September 2021, at the height of the Covid pandemic, ESPN anchor Sage Steele appeared on the podcast “Uncut with Jay Cutler” on her day off. During the interview, Cutler asked Steele why she had a bandage on her arm, and she explained that she had just received the jab in compliance with Disney policy, which required salaried and non-union workers to be fully vaccinated. The 16-year veteran of ESPN went on to slam the corporate mandate as “sick” and “scary” and noted that she “didn’t want to” get the vaccine but still complied in order to keep her job and support her family

Rolo vs groundskeepers...why insult groundskeepers.

ED, before RoLo announced himself as an anti-vaxxer, were you on board with him as HFC at WSU?

I know there were some fans who liked him as a coach, but then changed their minds 180° because of his approach to Covid-19

Interesting take here. Does an employer also have the right to force an employee to have an abortion so the employee does not miss work due to morning sickness, doctor appointments, and maternity leave?
Oh c'mon Stretch. This is really a reach (or stretch in your case). I mean why would you even post such a thing?

This whole anti-vax thing is just getting old. As I've said, I've had 4 jabs. J&J, Pfizer, and Moderna. Damn glad I had 'em all. And yes, still got a very mild case of Covid. Very mild. I know personally one anti-vaxxer, in her 50's, who died of Covid. People are still dying from Covid. People are still running around my town wearing masks. So maybe the vaccines didn't "prevent" it as originally publicized, but they sure as hell saved lives by reducing the impact.

Reactions: longtimecoug
O-11,

Wouldn't that actually be a worse outcome for WSU Athletics?

If the Governor loses a lawsuit, that bill doesn't end up in Doc Schultz's in-box.

There's probably some kind of ceiling on how much an individual (Chun) would have to pay if Team RoLo prevails in court.

But if WSU gets in a long, drawn-out legal battle and ends up with the wrong side of the ruling, the judgement (or settlement) plus legal fees could be in the 8 figures
The effect on WSU Athletics is of nominal interest to me.

Fair and just legal due process, application of the law and defense of the Constitution of the United States have far greater societal impacts than what happens in Pullman.

There are going to be way more of these cases as time goes on. Rolo's just happens to be one of the most visible.

Reactions: 702coug
How did that happen to me....keep on looking at me. Shrinks (didn't want to be woke in front of you) would say an unhealthy obsession as once again you have called out my name in a post I am not even involved in. Maybe 30 times now. Versus me.... I have brought your name up in posts how many times? Zero

And the numbers when covid 19 was covid 19 and the study showed it had a 85% response rate to transmission. The problem is it morphed to Delta and made the vaccine far less affective to the transmission component.

You know what is funny...I know people on this board who have put crap in their body that is highly problematic. Cocaine for example. No problem doing coke, but for put the vaccine in your body before 7/15/2021,,,that is a bridge too far.

And if you think medicine and disease are constant you live in an alternative world. Cancers morph all the time, but sure call the docs liars.
Cocaine. That topic needs a thread of its own. Been a long, long time since I indulged, and can't now because of my heart. Oh, but the tales I could tell............ever hear of doing sheets?

m
ED, before RoLo announced himself as an anti-vaxxer, were you on board with him as HFC at WSU?

I know there were some fans who liked him as a coach, but then changed their minds 180° because of his approach to Covid-19
I’m not Ed but I’ll give you my take here. I liked the hire of Rolo initially. I 180’d on Rolo when it became clear he couldn’t make a half time adjustment to save his life. I honestly didn’t care much about the anti vax thing, but the ultimate issue for me is “can you do your job?” If you can’t go into a recruits home, and you may not be able to fly on a plane to go recruit among other things, how the hell can you be a head coach of a P5 program. Rolo made that choice and the choice to need a coach that could perform the job was then made for him. And I think we lucked out because it was obvious he wasn’t going to make it anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT