ADVERTISEMENT

Rolovich article on ESPN

I think the bigger problem is people trusting Facebook friends and politicians over science. Maybe you think Fauci is more politician than scientist, and that’s fine…maybe he is, I really don’t care. We all go to the doctor for stuff. Most of us probably know a doctor or two. My sister is a doctor. 4.0 student, UCLA med school, double residency, geneticist. She’s not telling my family to get vaccinated because of some grant or fund. If people listened to their doctors on the vaccine 98% of the country eligible would be vaxxed and we could move on. Doctors aren’t always right but your odds are probably better trusting 98% of doctors on something concerning science/medicine than 40% of politicians and podcast clowns trying to make a buck off of you.

Random made up %'s are cool.

I think the bigger problem is people trusting Facebook friends and politicians over science. Maybe you think Fauci is more politician than scientist, and that’s fine…maybe he is, I really don’t care. We all go to the doctor for stuff. Most of us probably know a doctor or two. My sister is a doctor. 4.0 student, UCLA med school, double residency, geneticist. She’s not telling my family to get vaccinated because of some grant or fund. If people listened to their doctors on the vaccine 98% of the country eligible would be vaxxed and we could move on. Doctors aren’t always right but your odds are probably better trusting 98% of doctors on something concerning science/medicine than 40% of politicians and podcast clowns trying to make a buck off of you.

Perfect summary.

Moderna, Pfizer and J&J aren't making a buck off you, right?

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
He's 1000x more educated than both of you mental gymnastic gold medalists.

When there are 100 people (far more educated than you or I) saying one thing.....and there are less than a handful of people disagreeing with them.....I'm going to go with the group of 100 over the handful. A few loud voices don't mean that they are right.

Well, I didn’t have an opportunity to consult with Mik on exact percentages…but 96% of doctors are vaccinated according to the AMA- so you got me I was off by 2%. 40% of politicians and the being on the antivax (or pro-freedom if that’s the term you prefer) side of this is probably pretty close considering this has become a party-line political issue.

Kind of a sad and petty rebuttal but whatever flips your pickle.

Single layer paper or cloth masks (bandannas, most neck gaiters) don’t do much. A growing number of studies and literature reviews - plus the qualitative associations of increased compliance correlating with decreased infections where mask compliance is high - suggest that multi-layered masks (optimal appears to be 3 layers of cloth) are effective at reducing aerosol generation by 50-70%. Velocity is also reduced, but my quick search didn’t quantify by how much.

At this point, it really seems we have 4 options:
- vaccination, which evidence indicates is effective
- masking, which is less effective and doesn’t provide a long-term solution
- Restore lockdowns, which would be highly effective if actually performed/enforced, but also don’t address the long term
- do nothing, keep spreading it around and sacrifice another million Americans

Answer seems pretty clear to me. Already had had to get shots to go to WSU, shots to travel, shots for work, and shots to protect infant relatives. What’s one more to be able to go out without a rag stuck to my face?
What about those with natural immunities? I'll wait for you to pull your head out your anus.

the fact you ask that question speaks volumes.
What volumes does it speaketh? The basic premise of your argument is that it’s not to be trusted because a company is making money off of it. I’m happy to give you plenty more examples of the fallacy of this argument if one wasn’t enough.

And….I bet you guys have never taken a medication for your health that a pharma company has marked up 10,000% for profit. What’s your point?

Just a guess- The point is that you don't recognize the hypocrisy of claiming youtubers just trying to make a buck off you, while ignoring that pharma is making a lot more bucks off you.

Just a guess- The point is that you don't recognize the hypocrisy of claiming youtubers just trying to make a buck off you, while ignoring that pharma is making a lot more bucks off you.

Only 40% of the youtubers are just trying to make a buck off you.

There’s zero hypocrisy. One picks their nose and eats Cheetos while on their laptops spouting off about shit they have no expertise on and can hide behind the 1st amendment. The other employs folks who have dedicated their lives to medicine and science and are subjected to rigorous testing. Apples and elephants.

Should we have police ride around on horses and use pepper spray because Ford and Smith and Wesson make a profit selling cruisers and firearms?

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
“I'm from Big Pharma and I'm here to help you.”
Yup, big pharma is the only industry in which a company gets nipped for being shady. Keeping big corporations and their money (bribes) out of politics is another conversation. You name an industry I’ll find you a greedy corporation that has cut corners/pays to play. Always going to be a bi-product of free-market, capitalism. Using a couple of bad apple examples like this to make Joe Rogan the voice of reason over doctors and medical experts is an interesting choice, but you do you I guess.

I am game...which numbers should I look at? I know last year others said this was simply an old person virus. That our concern should have the old people stay at home and open things up, no masks etc. Do you believe young kids are now being affected and that they are being hospitalized? What number is acceptable? Is it just the flu like others have said over and over again, or is it something more.

I'm from Big Pharma and I'm here to help you.
Actually Big Pharma isn't making money from the manufacturing of it. Heard that from the top. Take a peek at Moderna was selling for 20 months ago, what is it selling for now? That is how these companies are making their money., not from the manufacturing of it.

“I'm from Big Pharma and I'm here to help you.”
Yup, big pharma is the only industry in which a company gets nipped for being shady. Keeping big corporations and their money (bribes) out of politics is another conversation. You name an industry I’ll find you a greedy corporation that has cut corners/pays to play. Always going to be a bi-product of free-market, capitalism. Using a couple of bad apple examples like this to make Joe Rogan the voice of reason over doctors and medical experts is an interesting choice, but you do you I guess.

You didn't want to listen to Bret Weinstein, PhD on lab leaks or Dr. Pierre Kory or effective treatment methods -maybe you're an MMA fan.

You didn't want to listen to Bret Weinstein, PhD on lab leaks or Dr. Pierre Kory or effective treatment methods -maybe you're an MMA fan.
Don’t know who they are. Don’t care. There’s always going to be an alternative opinion for those who want to go find it. As mentioned, I’ll listen to my sister who’s also a brilliant doctor along with the overwhelming majority of folks in her profession, but you do you.

There’s two types of people in this world. Those who watch finding Bigfoot because it’s funny AF, and those watch it because they want to be tuned in when Bigfoot is found.

What about those with natural immunities? I'll wait for you to pull your head out your anus.

11...I do have to ask...in part because you have been to Best of the West and we have that in common. Once the FDA approves the vaccine will you be in support of the vaccine? Also, have you always had this strong opinions on vaccines? The reason I ask is I know for a fact your kids would not be able to play in the Best of the West or any other grade school, middle school or high school sport without them . What is it about this vaccine that troubles you so much that you must be ok with other vaccine mandates but not this one?

11...I do have to ask...in part because you have been to Best of the West and we have that in common. Once the FDA approves the vaccine will you be in support of the vaccine? Also, have you always had this strong opinions on vaccines? The reason I ask is I know for a fact your kids would not be able to play in the Best of the West or any other grade school, middle school or high school sport without them . What is it about this vaccine that troubles you so much that you must be ok with other vaccine mandates but not this one?

FWIW, I talked to a friend of mine that is very opposed to the vaccine and he basically said that since the normal FDA approval timeline is 7-9 years, he wouldn't trust the vaccine until then.

JC...anyone can pop in a video. There is a video of a guy stating this Indiana doctor is not qualified, he is a family doctor with limited virology experiences. The video corrected the doctor about masks. He says people don't expel virus particles, they expel water droplets which contains the virus particles, and the masks do catch the water droplets that contain the virus particles. A small but important distinction.

FWIW, I talked to a friend of mine that is very opposed to the vaccine and he basically said that since the normal FDA approval timeline is 7-9 years, he wouldn't trust the vaccine until then.
ASk your friend why that is the "normal" time frame.

ASk your friend why that is the "normal" time frame.

When he made the comment, I looked it up to see if it really was the "normal" time frame and I found that it was a typical thing. Whether or not he should look at this differently for any of a number of logical reasons is irrelevant, because as we know, logic only matters if it supports one's viewpoint.

When he made the comment, I looked it up to see if it really was the "normal" time frame and I found that it was a typical thing. Whether or not he should look at this differently for any of a number of logical reasons is irrelevant, because as we know, logic only matters if it supports one's viewpoint.

I know this is the National Geographic and it is in the back pocket of Fauci, but pass along the history of "unsafe" vaccines" and why normal "problems" show up in 6 weeks of vaccinations.

They know how to make vaccinations. It is like making a cake. It requires certain "ingredients" that is already known. It is like the difference between a white cake and yellow...hey lets put the yoke in this cake mix and turn it yellow.

It is not like they reinvented the wheel when they came up with this vaccine.

And tell your friend...my friend has had cancer drugs submitted and approved in half the time he is talking about. And the reason some of it requires so much time is that the pool of people who are beta testers for the trials is limited. Covid reasearch had the supply in hand day 1.

And not that they have 160 mill shots in peoples arms they have even more data.

I know this is the National Geographic and it is in the back pocket of Fauci, but pass along the history of "unsafe" vaccines" and why normal "problems" show up in 6 weeks of vaccinations.

They know how to make vaccinations. It is like making a cake. It requires certain "ingredients" that is already known. It is like the difference between a white cake and yellow...hey lets put the yoke in this cake mix and turn it yellow.

And tell your friend...my friend has had cancer drugs submitted and approved in half the time he is talking about. And the reason some of it requires so much time is that the pool of people who are beta testers for the trials is limited. Covid reasearch had the supply in hand day 1.

sweet jesus...

actually Ed, they did reinvent the wheel on this vaccine. Do some research on mRNA for God's sake.

Well, for the 10% of the population that have been infected and gained some natural immunity, it's reasonable to suggest that they don't need a vaccination. But there are issues with that, which parallel similar issues with the vaccine. We know that people can get COVID more than once, and that vaccinated people can also get it. We don't know how long natural immunity - or vaccine-induced immunity - lasts. We don't know to what degree natural immunity protects (if you had alpha, does it protect from delta?).

And, importantly, there's no apparent harm in getting vaccinated even if you've had COVID. So while there is a valid argument that people who've had it don't need to be first in line to get vaccinated, I don't really see it as a permanent reason that they shouldn't. Whatever the guidance on boosters ends up being, I think should also extend to those who were infected, at least until there's enough research to indicate otherwise.

Well, for the 10% of the population that have been infected and gained some natural immunity, it's reasonable to suggest that they don't need a vaccination. But there are issues with that, which parallel similar issues with the vaccine. We know that people can get COVID more than once, and that vaccinated people can also get it. We don't know how long natural immunity - or vaccine-induced immunity - lasts. We don't know to what degree natural immunity protects (if you had alpha, does it protect from delta?).

And, importantly, there's no apparent harm in getting vaccinated even if you've had COVID. So while there is a valid argument that people who've had it don't need to be first in line to get vaccinated, I don't really see it as a permanent reason that they shouldn't. Whatever the guidance on boosters ends up being, I think should also extend to those who were infected, at least until there's enough research to indicate otherwise.
I'm sure you've seen the infographic about the infection rates of the vaccinated and reinfection rates of those who've had it, but in case you haven't its about four zeros and a 1.

We don't make policy decisions around that number. Oh wait, in this country we do, because GODDAMIT we're gonna SAVE 'EM ALL! SEE OUR CAPES, HOW THEY FURL IN THE WIND?

Actually Big Pharma isn't making money from the manufacturing of it. Heard that from the top. Take a peek at Moderna was selling for 20 months ago, what is it selling for now? That is how these companies are making their money., not from the manufacturing of it.

From the top. From the top.

Ignore the billion dollar contracts signed as part of Warp Speed.

Ed, these are the first mRNA vaccines ever. This is also the first time any vaccine has been approved under an emergency use.

sweet jesus...

actually Ed, they did reinvent the wheel on this vaccine. Do some research on mRNA for God's sake.

Ed, these are the first mRNA vaccines ever. This is also the first time any vaccine has been approved under an emergency use.

sweet jesus...

Sweet God B and G....Take the J and J. That is a "traditional" vaccine . The other two have similar principles but it is newer technology that has been studied for decades. It didn't just pop up two years ago. Tell me what is the significant difference and the danger as you see it between a typical vaccine and the mNRA? What is your huge concern?

I'm sure you've seen the infographic about the infection rates of the vaccinated and reinfection rates of those who've had it, but in case you haven't its about four zeros and a 1.

We don't make policy decisions around that number. Oh wait, in this country we do, because GODDAMIT we're gonna SAVE 'EM ALL! SEE OUR CAPES, HOW THEY FURL IN THE WIND?
B and G...so what is the answer. How do you best manage the pandemic and endemic?

B and G...so what is the answer. How do you best manage the pandemic and endemic?
It would begin by admitting that there are certain things we simply can't control. As many others have stated, you mitigate the best you can and accept that there are going to be losses. If the goal really is to get the other 50% vaccinated, how about reaching out to them instead of treating them like the unclean masses. People are reasonable if you let them be, but going down the road of:
"If you don't get vaxxed, you're stupid. Not only that, but you're morally bankrupt, and honestly should be culled from this earth."

"Ummm, no. Its just that I have some questions and reservations, and regardless of my reasons if you could speak to me as a human being and not a sub-species then I might be able to understand and come around."

"FIRE UP THE OVENS!!!"

Stop having the most polarizing figures in American deliver the message - you think they're doing that on accident? Its more divide and conquer bullshit, but they forgot that part of the unclean masses is their voter base, so....

Also, honesty. Stop fcking lying - they've already lost most if not all credibility as it is. Continuing the charade of "mask up, you'll be saving lives!!!" is insane, and not because it is only somewhat effect, but because people know that its a charade, just some are more willing to play the game than others. Notice how there have been no mask efficacy studies? We can study how "red counties are hillbilly p.o.s. people who won't get vaxxed", but nothing on whether or not masks are working. (with real numbers, none of this fuzzy math bullshit.)

Those are a few suggestions.

It would begin by admitting that there are certain things we simply can't control. As many others have stated, you mitigate the best you can and accept that there are going to be losses. If the goal really is to get the other 50% vaccinated, how about reaching out to them instead of treating them like the unclean masses. People are reasonable if you let them be, but going down the road of:
"If you don't get vaxxed, you're stupid. Not only that, but you're morally bankrupt, and honestly should be culled from this earth."

"Ummm, no. Its just that I have some questions and reservations, and regardless of my reasons if you could speak to me as a human being and not a sub-species then I might be able to understand and come around."

"FIRE UP THE OVENS!!!"

Stop having the most polarizing figures in American deliver the message - you think they're doing that on accident? Its more divide and conquer bullshit, but they forgot that part of the unclean masses is their voter base, so....

Also, honesty. Stop fcking lying - they've already lost most if not all credibility as it is. Continuing the charade of "mask up, you'll be saving lives!!!" is insane, and not because it is only somewhat effect, but because people know that its a charade, just some are more willing to play the game than others. Notice how there have been no mask efficacy studies? We can study how "red counties are hillbilly p.o.s. people who won't get vaxxed", but nothing on whether or not masks are working. (with real numbers, none of this fuzzy math bullshit.)

That is what not to do … now what you can do . You offered suggestions how not to rub you the wrong way, you have not offered ways to manage it .

600k dead is a number people throw out. What is your number ? 100k? What is the “right” number? Did Herman Cain die of covid or cancer?

Do you believe the N95 mask works ? One last question , do you believe in 2020 cases were literally reduced to nothing? Or is that number out of whack as well.

What is your mitigation strategy?

Last edited:

"FIRE UP THE OVENS!!!"

Who are you referring to as far as "the most polarizing"? If fauci - the head of the National Infectious disease division, if not him, then who? Someone else is going to deliver a dissimilar message?

"Stop faking lying"... who's lying? And what specific "lie" is being promulgated? And what would be the motive to deliberately deceive?

And there have been mask-efficacy studies. I believe Washington University out of St.Louis did one last year, just off the top of my head. Prolly more. Taihtsat

Reactions: HHusky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT