ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle is dead

Haha I remember. Must have been those extra hundred pounds I was sportin'
It reminds me when Yaki, the John Clayton look alike, mentioned your hairline .it’s almost like these people don’t own a mirror. My dog after grooming had more hair on his balls than Yaki had on his head

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
#2 F-head. And it's been like what, 20 years since I've seen you guys? I thought spongy was a big old hog like you are. Sorry if my memory fades me. Goddam early onset dementia. And yeah I am still 190 pounds and handsome and attractive to chicks.
That 190# isn't solid muscle when you are only 5' 0" tall.........

• Haha
Reactions: HCoug
Hey buddy. I am 6'0 in shoes. Funny how many 6 2 guys I can look at in the eye.
il_794xN.2402634310_9655.jpg

Objective …. Hmmmm. Understood .

I guess I have met many people in my life who have very different religious views and have what I would call strong moral character, including people who are atheist.

So I really could care less what you think about mine. And not sure why I would think slavery would we a good idea cause it certainly goes against my families personal interests.

In terms of your posts I will give you a big amen and bless you…

Ed, this is the struggle discussing any issue with you. Your ability to think through the logic is, honestly, very weak.

I never stated that atheists and those from other religions cannot behave with a strong moral character. Show me where I stated that.

What I did state was that you and any atheist have no objective moral basis for your values your assert. There is no objective moral wrong being done in your world to have a slave. You may think (correctly) that it is morally wrong, but in your case (and for atheists), that is only your opinion. Do you understand the point?

If not, you might benefit from taking a course on logic and reasoning.

Loyal go back to the other site you frequent .

Very easy to discern . How did this happen to me” has a different moral code supported by the book of fact , the Bible .

My beliefs have been formed long before the indoctrination of media .But he is under the impression because others share the same opinions as mine they came from the same source .

His moral code is driven by the word of the Bible, mine come from my experiences . He thinks if people thought slavery for example was a good idea I would as well. Which is stupid btw because of my immediate families history . Does that help you discern.

Whooooosh....

The sound my point made when going over your head.

😀

OK, I'm not going very far into this topic. I see that my latest SDSU football - shocker! thread has over a hundred views but no replies.

What kills me about religion is that it is so hypocritical. I mean how many hundreds or thousands of Catholic priests have molested boys, and mostly been covered up by that church? I mean WTF does that say? And churches in general - these big buildings that are used once or twice a week and otherwise just sit there? Christ they could be schools or daycares or homeless shelters.

Not for me man. I try to be a good person and treat people well (especially women :)) and if there is a heaven maybe that will get me there. But I haven't been to church since my Mom died and have no plans to go again. Ever. Unless my kids have a memorial when I die.
Everyone is hypocritical to at least some extent. That is part of being human, which is to be flawed. Big deal. People do things they shouldn't. This is no news flash, and it reinforces my point that we need an objective moral code. And no, the Bible hasn't been distorted from its original text of thousands of years ago.

The curriculum at a local private catholic school requires kids to take a class called “Morality and the Catholic Church.” I couldn’t resist asking what these things have to do with each other? Is this a compare & contrast course?

Yeah, the kid isn’t going there.

I see. I'm not Catholic, but to paint all Catholics as horrible because priests and bishops abused children seems a bit unfair, eh?

You realize the immense amount of good the Catholic Church has done over the years?

By the way, your objection to evil some Catholic leaders have done over the years is based on your subjective opinion only. See posts above.

My objective basis is from the Bible. That is objective and unchanging.

I don't care if you don't care about my opinions. You finally admit yours is only opinion. It has no objective moral basis.

Like I said, if 90 percent of the population believed in slavery, you'd be right with them. There is no moral issue on which you differ with pop culture and the lying corporate media.
Classic that in a boast about the bible as your "objective" basis for morality that is "unchanging", you bring up slavery - which is never condemned either in mosaic laws or by Jesus. That's all I have to say about that.

Ed, this is the struggle discussing any issue with you. Your ability to think through the logic is, honestly, very weak.

I never stated that atheists and those from other religions cannot behave with a strong moral character. Show me where I stated that.

What I did state was that you and any atheist have no objective moral basis for your values your assert. There is no objective moral wrong being done in your world to have a slave. You may think (correctly) that it is morally wrong, but in your case (and for atheists), that is only your opinion. Do you understand the point?

If not, you might benefit from taking a course on logic and reasoning.
Just asserting that the bible is an objective basis for morality doesn't make it so. You have simply decided that that is what works for YOU, personally.

There are actual, more legitimate, objective tests of justifiable moral behavioral standards an atheist can use than a collection of stories and histories written for a mainly nomadic and illiterate people two to three thousand years ago. Taihtsat

I see. I'm not Catholic, but to paint all Catholics as horrible because priests and bishops abused children seems a bit unfair, eh?

You realize the immense amount of good the Catholic Church has done over the years?

By the way, your objection to evil some Catholic leaders have done over the years is based on your subjective opinion only. See posts above.
A LOT of priests and bishops abused kids, and then the church covered it up and denied it and/or made excuses for it.

And that doesn’t even begin to address the Crusades, Inquisitions, witch trials, and all the various ways the church tried to keep itself at the forefront for centuries. Or their inaction during the Holocaust.

But really, it’s not just the Catholics. I laugh at the notion that morality and any religion share a significant connection.

A LOT of priests and bishops abused kids, and then the church covered it up and denied it and/or made excuses for it.

And that doesn’t even begin to address the Crusades, Inquisitions, witch trials, and all the various ways the church tried to keep itself at the forefront for centuries. Or their inaction during the Holocaust.

But really, it’s not just the Catholics. I laugh at the notion that morality and any religion share a significant connection.
Lets not forget the golden parachute all card-carrying holier-than-thou christians keep in their back pocket: try to follow the rules, but if you slip up and diddle a kid, or murder 5 hookers, just repent and your rap sheet is wiped clean by god and your place in heaven still awaits. Looking down on non-christians because they don't have a fictional book of anecdotes and stories to use as a moral compass is laughable and the epitome of hypocrisy.

Everyone is hypocritical to at least some extent. That is part of being human, which is to be flawed. Big deal. People do things they shouldn't. This is no news flash, and it reinforces my point that we need an objective moral code. And no, the Bible hasn't been distorted from its original text of thousands of years ago.
Perfect so you understand that I am flawed and I am imperfect so not sure the issue .

And maybe my “objective morality comes from a different book. Therefore since there is a source for my morality it must be ok with you . Glad we got this all straightened out .

Lets not forget the golden parachute all card-carrying holier-than-thou christians keep in their back pocket: try to follow the rules, but if you slip up and diddle a kid, or murder 5 hookers, just repent and your rap sheet is wiped clean by god and your place in heaven still awaits. Looking down on non-christians because they don't have a fictional book of anecdotes and stories to use as a moral compass is laughable and the epitome of hypocrisy.
I think in the financial world they call it a hedge …. But hey, I would be ok with Becky Graham serving as a host on a recruiting weekend . Several Hail Marys and she will be ok until the next weekend .

Classic that in a boast about the bible as your "objective" basis for morality that is "unchanging", you bring up slavery - which is never condemned either in mosaic laws or by Jesus. That's all I have to say about that.

Well, since you are morally superior to God, what is the problem Krusty?

You have no objective moral reason to oppose slavery.

The Bible is more radical that any other historical text about how slave owners should treat their slaves. Never before had these moral standards of treating even slaves with dignity and respect.

Furthermore, slavery also in many cases refers to indentured servitude. You understand that some had to work off their debts? There was no Wells Fargo bank to go to for a loan.

Keep in mind that this president you love so much and voted for is complicit in human sex trafficking on our southern border, too.

Just asserting that the bible is an objective basis for morality doesn't make it so. You have simply decided that that is what works for YOU, personally.

There are actual, more legitimate, objective tests of justifiable moral behavioral standards an atheist can use than a collection of stories and histories written for a mainly nomadic and illiterate people two to three thousand years ago. Taihtsat

Please reference the specific ones you are referring to.

Well, I hardly think you can approach morality from a position of superiority given your support of human sex trafficking (the Biden administration is complicit on this at our Southern border and I presume you support his policies), and the killing of children prior to birth "just because."

And besides, did I state that the behaviors of some leaders in the Catholic church should be allowed to not face justice for their crimes? The same principle applies to any Christian in the past that acted immorally.

By the way, The Crusades were a reaction to Muslim aggression to take over lands inhabited previously by Christian people, not that you'd know that.

The Inquisition is something I suspect you know very little about as well. I don't excuse the Spanish government (gasp!) working with the local Catholic Church to act unjustly.

You are bringing up strawman and then knocking those suckers down. Congratulations. That's very easy to do for anyone in a debate.

You and Ed would have been with the Nazi government 100 percent had you been a German citizen in the 1930s and 1940s. Why not? I laugh at the notion that you wouldn't be.

Well, I hardly think you can approach morality from a position of superiority given your support of human sex trafficking (the Biden administration is complicit on this at our Southern border and I presume you support his policies), and the killing of children prior to birth "just because."

And besides, did I state that the behaviors of some leaders in the Catholic church should be allowed to not face justice for their crimes? The same principle applies to any Christian in the past that acted immorally.

By the way, The Crusades were a reaction to Muslim aggression to take over lands inhabited previously by Christian people, not that you'd know that.

The Inquisition is something I suspect you know very little about as well. I don't excuse the Spanish government (gasp!) working with the local Catholic Church to act unjustly.

You are bringing up strawman and then knocking those suckers down. Congratulations. That's very easy to do for anyone in a debate.

You and Ed would have been with the Nazi government 100 percent had you been a German citizen in the 1930s and 1940s. Why not? I laugh at the notion that you wouldn't be.
Will you ever just STFU you freak?

Since your entire basis is built on the assumption that i support biden’s policies…it comes apart pretty quickly. I don’t recall weighing in on sex trafficking, the border, or abortion, so don’t know how you reach your assumptions, flawed as they are.

The first crusades were when the Christians felt they were strong enough to take the holy lands the Muslims were living in, and convinced themselves they had rights to. Who was really there first is lost in religious mythology, but the one thing that’s certain is that it wasn’t Western Europeans.

There were multiple inquisitions. Spain was the best advertised, but there were others in Germany, Rome, Italy, and Mexico…among others. And the church leadership was only too happy to participate. They used to line up to kill non-Catholics in the same way their clergy now line up to diddle altar boys

Well, since you are morally superior to God, what is the problem Krusty?

You have no objective moral reason to oppose slavery.

The Bible is more radical that any other historical text about how slave owners should treat their slaves. Never before had these moral standards of treating even slaves with dignity and respect.

Furthermore, slavery also in many cases refers to indentured servitude. You understand that some had to work off their debts? There was no Wells Fargo bank to go to for a loan.

Keep in mind that this president you love so much and voted for is complicit in human sex trafficking on our southern border, too.
I never said I was "morally superior to God". But since you bring that up i think that even you have a higher moral compass than the one demonstrated by God in the bible.

I doubt if you would condone the wholesale slaughter of conquered people as "God" does in the bible, or the killing or all livestock, or keeping for themselves women whom have never "known" a man, or passing down - as property - slaves and children of slaves to your descendants. I also doubt you would condemn to eternal torment your own children simply if they didn't recognize you as their father and "believe"or "follow" you.

Arguing that the bible was perhaps more progressive regarding slavery than contemporary cultures ignores the fact that the creator of the universe could simply have stated in very clear terms: " you shall not own people. You shall not have slaves. It is an abomination"

Please reference the specific ones you are referring to.
You belief that "objective" morality is in the bible and there are no other standards of equal value is just your OPINION.

Simply claiming a book has a superior moral authority is only because you believe and accept it as so. Other religious folk can make the same claim and that, by definition, makes these claims SUBJECTIVE.

John Rawls "veil of ignorance" thought experiment is a very good test to determine what any reasonable person would determine to be "objective" morals. In short, you are designing a society in which free will and choice flourishes. You will be a citizen of that society, yet you are ignorant of who will be in that society. In theory, you would design a society in which humans would flourish and suffering would be minimal because you wouldn't be certain that you wouldn't wind up as an oppressed minority, a slave, etc.

And you would make these designs based off collective human experience. We don't like to be in bondage, or abused, beaten, killed or raped (to name just a few injustices). These are objective standards.

Do you really need the bible to tell you how to behave in these realms? Taihtsat

Yes, but where are they going to go. Eastside, Southend. North? Not a lot of “safer-better” alternatives. Plus affordability.

Hey “How did Ed’s Morality get in my head”….not sure why you would compare 95 to me. There are some people I have come to know that I sit there and shut up because they know more about certain subjects than I.95 has never once commented on Joe Biden, abortion , transgender or any other like issue and yet you throw him into a certain camp .

Great line from the movie Good Will Hunting … “my boy if wicked smart”. Why you would chose 95 to include your “crudade” about lack of morality is beyond me.

Notice I haven’t said Jack about your faith ? I don’t talk about your faith. Your objective morality is based one hundred percent on something you can’t prove… thus it is faith . And I won’t comment on your faith, or someone who is Jewish and their faith, or someone who is Hindu etc .it is your faith .

I don’t or didn’t need to read a Bible to realize slavery is wrong . I can look back at family history and realize it was wrong .

Now we are on to Nazi Germany … you don’t need to read a Bible to realize it is wrong to kill 6 million Jews . My mom and dad gave me a sense of right and wrong .

Gays … it wasn’t the corrupt media who educated me about gays … it was a gay receptionist we had in the early 90’s.

You do crack me up . You talk about moral superiority yet it is you who is making judgements about morality .

I can only tell you if presented to the pearly gates and my maker asks me … did you really think it was a great idea to put my children in cages and separate them from parents and what did you do to stop it ? You really believe I want some made may law to stop the protection of my children at your schools . What did you do to stop it ?

So yeah when it comes to abortion it is very personal to people . And if they have one and they believe there is an after life they will have to deal with it .

But why people put a greater emphasis on that versus the kids who are already here is beyond me .

Reactions: Coug1990
Yes, but where are they going to go. Eastside, Southend. North? Not a lot of “safer-better” alternatives. Plus affordability.
Not sure if you read the article?

Most are leaving to Maricopa County, (Phoenix area). Some are going to Spokane. I sell residential real estate, and for the most part, it's true. I've had several clients sell and leave for Wenatchee, Coeur d'Alene, and South Carolina. About a third want to bolt King County mainly for two main reasons:

1. Liberal state.
2. We are now Manhattan and San Francisco.

Over 800,000 people have moved here recently, because of the tech industry. It's impossible for a young person to rent an apartment at $20 an hour. You need to live at home, or have 2 other roommates. Therefore, there's a shortage of entry level workers, everywhere.

Also, if you need body work done on your car, you're in for a huge surprise. Unless you take your car to Yakima, Ellesnsburg, or Spokane.....it takes, (and I'm referring to almost all body shops), it takes one month to get an initial appointment, just to have a guy write you an estimate. Then, it's another 60 days to get the on their calendar to start the job. Then, it takes 3 weeks to repair the damage, (quarter panel, bumper and paint). You're in a rental car for 3 weeks.

In the old days....it was 7-10 days, max. It's becuase of the tech industry has brought so many people to King County. Again, we are New York City and San Francisco, in terms of cost of living, and overhead.

They can't hire people for $20 bucks an hour, and the Insurance companies won't pay a shop rate at $85 an hour, (which are wages at $30 to $35 an hour). They will only pay a shop $65 an hour rate.

Light industrial in Bellevue is scarce. They didn't plan on the extra one million people who would have needs like car repairs, etc. It's the same light industrial as it was 50 years ago. Actually, it's less today, because of the Light Rail, Facebook, Google and Microsoft demolished some of the light industrial for the new Spring District in Bellevue.

Biggest employer's are Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook. Hundreds of smaller tech companies.
Other employers: Disney, Apple, Netflix, Uber, Space X, Tesla, Blue Origin, Boeing, Oracle, Starbucks, and the legal and medical industry, etc.
Seattle, Austin, and the Bay Area leads the nation in high paying jobs.

Another example. Taco Time for 3 people, is $37.00. Five Guys hamburgers for 3 people is $57.00. A Lube Oil & Filter change at Jiffy Lube is now $80.00 (without the coupon).

Someone told me McDonald's is expensive, too.

Speaking of fast food, Taco Time's starting wage is $23.00 an hour. Burger King is closing most locations because they have a hard time hiring people, and going to a Burger King is like going over to your poor cousin’s house. The screen door held together by duct tape. It’s just a bit “off.”

Keep in mind, the last time I went to a Burger King was 15 years ago. You go into a Red Robin, and there are two servers for the entire restaurant! Again, you can't rent an apartment for these wages. You have to commute from Auburn, Federal Way, Fife, or Tacoma.

Your entry level home in Auburn, Kent, Covington, Federal Way, Fife or Tacoma is $600,000. Your commute to Bellevue or Seattle is brutal, unless you're near the Sounder Train and work in downtown Seattle, or work hybrid from home.

Cost of living is high, especially for folks on a fixed income, or retired.

For us, our short list is Arizona, Florida, or South Carolina. Would consider Texas, but the property taxes in Texas are considerably high.

Last edited:
I have lived on the east side in some capacity or another for over 50 years. I know of these issues first hand.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I have lived on the east side in some capacity or another for over 50 years. I know of these issues first hand.
What a mess. Had to pick up a friend at Sea-Tac last month. OMG, what a clusterF. Could not wait to get the F out of there. I always said I got to Seattle once a year to remind myself of why I don't ever want to live there. Spent a few years in Tacoma and Olympia recently. They weren't so bad, although Olympia people are not very nice. Not to mention the homeless.

It might be gone now, but I remember a news report about the homeless camp in basically downtown Olympia. These two maybe 21 year old girls were interviewed in their tent. "Oh we like it here, this is how we want to live" or some shit like that. I mean WTF?

Eat shit. He has every right to respond and defend his points of view.
Pretty sure I wasn't talking to you. And frankly, HDTH has never brought anything intelligent or Coug related to this board. For that matter, I don't believe you have either. Both of you, just a lot of hate, insults and vitriol (probably too big of a word for you). So FOAD. In case You don't know the acronym , it stands for F-off and die.

Yes he does….
Buddy I just don't get you sometimes. HDTH insults you in about every other post, including threads you aren't even in. This justin little prick is as bad. But you defend them? I mean WTF dude?

If Hood was still the Board manager I'm pretty sure 90% of us would be banned.

Not sure if you read the article?

Most are leaving to Maricopa County, (Phoenix area). Some are going to Spokane. I sell residential real estate, and for the most part, it's true. I've had several clients sell and leave for Wenatchee, Coeur d'Alene, and South Carolina. About a third want to bolt King County mainly for two main reasons:

1. Liberal state.
2. We are now Manhattan and San Francisco.

Over 800,000 people have moved here recently, because of the tech industry. It's impossible for a young person to rent an apartment at $20 an hour. You need to live at home, or have 2 other roommates. Therefore, there's a shortage of entry level workers, everywhere.

Also, if you need body work done on your car, you're in for a huge surprise. Unless you take your car to Yakima, Ellesnsburg, or Spokane.....it takes, (and I'm referring to almost all body shops), it takes one month to get an initial appointment, just to have a guy write you an estimate. Then, it's another 60 days to get the on their calendar to start the job. Then, it takes 3 weeks to repair the damage, (quarter panel, bumper and paint). You're in a rental car for 3 weeks.

In the old days....it was 7-10 days, max. It's becuase of the tech industry has brought so many people to King County. Again, we are New York City and San Francisco, in terms of cost of living, and overhead.

They can't hire people for $20 bucks an hour, and the Insurance companies won't pay a shop rate at $85 an hour, (which are wages at $30 to $35 an hour). They will only pay a shop $65 an hour rate.

Light industrial in Bellevue is scarce. They didn't plan on the extra one million people who would have needs like car repairs, etc. It's the same light industrial as it was 50 years ago. Actually, it's less today, because of the Light Rail, Facebook, Google and Microsoft demolished some of the light industrial for the new Spring District in Bellevue.

Biggest employer's are Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook. Hundreds of smaller tech companies.
Other employers: Disney, Apple, Netflix, Uber, Space X, Tesla, Blue Origin, Boeing, Oracle, Starbucks, and the legal and medical industry, etc.
Seattle, Austin, and the Bay Area leads the nation in high paying jobs.

Another example. Taco Time for 3 people, is $37.00. Five Guys hamburgers for 3 people is $57.00. A Lube Oil & Filter change at Jiffy Lube is now $80.00 (without the coupon).

Someone told me McDonald's is expensive, too.

Speaking of fast food, Taco Time's starting wage is $23.00 an hour. Burger King is closing most locations because they have a hard time hiring people, and going to a Burger King is like going over to your poor cousin’s house. The screen door held together by duct tape. It’s just a bit “off.”

Keep in mind, the last time I went to a Burger King was 15 years ago. You go into a Red Robin, and there are two servers for the entire restaurant! Again, you can't rent an apartment for these wages. You have to commute from Auburn, Federal Way, Fife, or Tacoma.

Your entry level home in Auburn, Kent, Covington, Federal Way, Fife or Tacoma is $600,000. Your commute to Bellevue or Seattle is brutal, unless you're near the Sounder Train and work in downtown Seattle, or work hybrid from home.

Cost of living is high, especially for folks on a fixed income, or retired.

For us, our short list is Arizona, Florida, or South Carolina. Would consider Texas, but the property taxes in Texas are considerably high.
Just so you know - that's body shops everywhere. My bud owns one in Tri-Cities and he's a couple of months out for a multitude of reasons, but the biggest one is scarcity of parts.

Just so you know - that's body shops everywhere. My bud owns one in Tri-Cities and he's a couple of months out for a multitude of reasons, but the biggest one is scarcity of parts.
I hear ya. I do know that some distributors have certain brands readily available, and other brands...not so.
I do think the Tri-Cities is blowing up, like the rest of Eastern Washington. Lot of people are moving in, and they can't keep up with the demand.

It's crazy to drive a rental car for a couple of months, and then pay your responsibility of the bill to Enterprise. Not necessarily fair. Depends on your insurance contract, but some only cover so much a day. The rest is on you. Crazy.

Me agreeing or liking what he says is very different than he has the right to say it . If it is within the board rules he can say what he wants .

Do you really believe I give credence to a lick of what he says ? It says more about him than me .

Me agreeing or liking what he says is very different than he has the right to say it . If it is within the board rules he can say what he wants .

Do you really believe I give credence to a lick of what he says ? It says more about him than me .
Well it is not. No flaming, bring something to the table. Flunk on both counts. Keep it PG 13? ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT