ADVERTISEMENT

serious replacement at DC

You want names , how about these ?

Brady Hoke ,Gary Anderson, Kevin Clune, Ruffian McNeil.

Leach also seemed really impressed with what Minnesota did defensively . Would not be surprised to see Jay Sawvel or Tracy Claeys ( long shot) in the mix.

You made the call. I don't think Leach could have made any better hire. WSU is going to be good.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Wow, Leach just made a terrific hire. You guys should be very happy with Tracy Claeys as your DC. See Holiday Bowl last year if you have any doubts. I didn’t want Claeys to be our head coach but I hated to lose him as a defensive coordinator. This guy can flat out coach defense. Home run hire.

Very excited about this hire. He obviously will work well with Phelps. I wonder if he can recruit, too?

Glad Cougar

In terms of numbers his top recruits were at about the level of our average recruits. He does coach them up however. He runs an aggressive speed defense. Definitely an upgrade in my opinion. We need to strong recruiter hires to go with this hire. Leach out did himself. Evidently, this has been in the works for weeks.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Wow, Leach just made a terrific hire. You guys should be very happy with Tracy Claeys as your DC. See Holiday Bowl last year if you have any doubts. I didn’t want Claeys to be our head coach but I hated to lose him as a defensive coordinator. This guy can flat out coach defense. Home run hire.

Was he a position coach too while DC?

Was he a position coach too while DC?

He started out as a defensive line coach. I have been unable to find any other position for him. Prior to his becoming head coach they ran a 4-3. So he may have coached defensive ends (5 techs) while Phelps coached the tackles (2 techs).

You want names , how about these ?

Brady Hoke ,Gary Anderson, Kevin Clune, Ruffian McNeil.

Leach also seemed really impressed with what Minnesota did defensively . Would not be surprised to see Jay Sawvel or Tracy Claeys ( long shot) in the mix.

Bump for a humble brag> if I was betting actually leaning towards Sawvel, because I thought Claeys was a tough get. Leacher pulled it off !

Most in the CFB world would consider that as a serious upgrade.

Also consider it a good sign that Phelps obviously gave the thumbs up to the big man that this would be a good landing spot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT