ADVERTISEMENT

Some Fall guidelines

Thanks for the links.
What was not mentioned by the Evergreen was any capacity for testing in WSU/Pullman. I wonder what they have in mind.
Pretty funny that UI thinks they are going to have 5000 fans to see the Vandals play, when that is pretty much their average before COVID, and there won't be an opponent on the field...

Thanks for the links.
What was not mentioned by the Evergreen was any capacity for testing in WSU/Pullman. I wonder what they have in mind.
Pretty funny that UI thinks they are going to have 5000 fans to see the Vandals play, when that is pretty much their average before COVID, and there won't be an opponent on the field...
Many states who are in full panic mode despite not being FL, TX, or AZ are sending kits to those hot spots, Oregon specifically. Not sure about WA yet.

So the bright side is that we should see cases go down...

Many states who are in full panic mode despite not being FL, TX, or AZ are sending kits to those hot spots, Oregon specifically. Not sure about WA yet.

So the bright side is that we should see cases go down...
Not in Pullman. They’ve had less than 50 cases total. When students come back from all over the place, their numbers will take off...and there’s only one Small hospital, and you have more fingers than they have ICU beds. Frankly, I’m not sure how they expect to be able to handle even a modest outbreak among 20,000 students.

Not in Pullman. They’ve had less than 50 cases total. When students come back from all over the place, their numbers will take off...and there’s only one Small hospital, and you have more fingers than they have ICU beds. Frankly, I’m not sure how they expect to be able to handle even a modest outbreak among 20,000 students.

what % of 18-23 year olds need hospitalization?

And if they pass it to older residents? Then what?

Maybe they need hospitalization, maybe they dont. But if they spread the virus to enough residents in the age group that do need hospitalization, what then?

Reactions: Coug90
And if they pass it to older residents? Then what?

Maybe they need hospitalization, maybe they dont. But if they spread the virus to enough residents in the age group that do need hospitalization, what then?

When will older residents be mixing with students?

Like Biggs says, it doesn’t matter if they are hospitalized Themselves, if their contacts with older people results In spread.
Regardless, if the hospitalization rate exceeds about 0.1% of the student population, Pullman regional can’t accommodate them.

Like Biggs says, it doesn’t matter if they are hospitalized Themselves, if their contacts with older people results In spread.
Regardless, if the hospitalization rate exceeds about 0.1% of the student population, Pullman regional can’t accommodate them.
How many are actually on campus and what happens after more are on campus....is still to be written.

When they go to class and meet their instructor. Office hours. Orientation. Sports Page. Rico’s. Dissmores. Etc.

Are you living under a rock? Gatherings are limited to ten in Phase 3 counties. Classes will be online. If bars are open at that point the profs will be assuming the risk. Masks and social distancing is required at Dissmore’s.

Last edited:
There have still been no hospitalizations in Whitman County. That said, if an “outbreak” does occur the patients would be shipped north to Spokane which is better prepared and has more ICU beds available. Whitman hospital does not even have an ICU and Pullman has a very small one. The beds at those two hospitals would likely be used for non covid patients from up north should the need arise to free up beds. The student age groups as a whole are requiring very little in the way of hospitalization as are most positive cases under 70. Some do occur, but statistically that number is very small compared to the whole.

There have still been no hospitalizations in Whitman County. That said, if an “outbreak” does occur the patients would be shipped north to Spokane which is better prepared and has more ICU beds available. Whitman hospital does not even have an ICU and Pullman has a very small one. The beds at those two hospitals would likely be used for non covid patients from up north should the need arise to free up beds. The student age groups as a whole are requiring very little in the way of hospitalization as are most positive cases under 70. Some do occur, but statistically that number is very small compared to the whole.

There was one hospitalization last time I checked. You're correct that if there is some kind of spike and the local resources are insufficient that Spokane will continue to receive patients. It's been happening for months.

If there is an outbreak in Pullman, how long until it spreads to Spokane? Competition for ICU beds isn't the scenario I wanna be in if I need one.

20,000 college kids, some of which will take precautions, some of which wont... isn't where I wanna be if Im 70 years old.

I had a buddy of mine squarely in Camp Covid Hoax in April. Last week his gf’s parents both landed in the ICU in Vegas. He is a believer now.

If you're counting on 20,000 college kids to defend public health, you prob aren't counting on much.

If there is an outbreak in Pullman, how long until it spreads to Spokane? Competition for ICU beds isn't the scenario I wanna be in if I need one.

20,000 college kids, some of which will take precautions, some of which wont... isn't where I wanna be if Im 70 years old.

I had a buddy of mine squarely in Camp Covid Hoax in April. Last week his gf’s parents both landed in the ICU in Vegas. He is a believer now.

If you're counting on 20,000 college kids to defend public health, you prob aren't counting on much.

where do you think I stated anything about these presumptions?

There was one hospitalization last time I checked. You're correct that if there is some kind of spike and the local resources are insufficient that Spokane will continue to receive patients. It's been happening for months.

Our data had one conflicting report of a hospitalization but there have been none verified.

Our data had one conflicting report of a hospitalization but there have been none verified.

Just asking, the DOH website says one in Whitman county. Do you not consider that a reliable source?

where do you think I stated anything about these presumptions?

Your stats about younger people being hospitalized are irrelevant. Minimizing the issue, which is the tone of your post, is asinine. Not acknowledging that they can be carriers and infect the older people you do believe are at risk, is ridiculous.

We’ll just ship them up to Spokane! Yeah man, cause Spokane doesn't have their own issues lol.

Your stats about younger people being hospitalized are irrelevant. Minimizing the issue, which is the tone of your post, is asinine. Not acknowledging that they can be carriers and infect the older people you do believe are at risk, is ridiculous.

We’ll just ship them up to Spokane! Yeah man, cause Spokane doesn't have their own issues lol.
yup same argument they are using for public schools. 7 and 8 year olds don’t get sick, but they carry and put teachers, bus drivers, etc at risk. Really a crazy stance.

Spokane has been fine. But thanks for your concern. Spokane is the regional trauma center and Spokane is where the resources have been positioned to deal with a regional outbreak. A positive test doesn't mean mean severe illness or death, it means there was a positive test.

European countries have already reopened schools. I guess they're asinine.

Inslee can turn Martin Stadium into a field hospital.

He has experience and it's only a few million dollars.
Pre sports pass era student section portion of Martin Stadium well tested to students being covered in vomit.

Now with social distancing it will just be the projectile vomiters who cause problems - Wulff era social distancing due to horrid play was on average was 12 ft between fans and generally safe.

In a crisis, the Small Animal vet hospital and Large Animal vet hospital could be converted in to "Small Asssed Coed Hospital" and "Large Assed Coed Hospital".

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Old people and people at risk need to stay self quarantined, have groceries delivered etc. Everyone else needs to wear a mask, social distance, try and get to as much a normal Life and work life as possible.

Your stats about younger people being hospitalized are irrelevant. Minimizing the issue, which is the tone of your post, is asinine. Not acknowledging that they can be carriers and infect the older people you do believe are at risk, is ridiculous
Assuming people believe something because you want it to be true is asinine.

Just asking, the DOH website says one in Whitman county. Do you not consider that a reliable source?
Both hospitals in the county have not admitted a covid patient. It is possible they were admitted in another county, but DOH will not release those details, which I agree they should not, so that is where the confusion is. WHMC and PRH talk and collaborate continuously regarding Covid at the administrative level. Neither has knowledge of a covid positive inpatient.

Both hospitals in the county have not admitted a covid patient. It is possible they were admitted in another county, but DOH will not release those details, which I agree they should not, so that is where the confusion is. WHMC and PRH talk and collaborate continuously regarding Covid at the administrative level. Neither has knowledge of a covid positive inpatient.

Or door number 3- there is no hospitalization, the DOH website is wrong, or something else.

The periodic shifts in how data is reported and why changes have been made is interesting.

Or door number 3- there is no hospitalization, the DOH website is wrong, or something else.

The periodic shifts in how data is reported and why changes have been made is interesting.
There was at least one COVID patient at PRH. That was confirmed by Whitman county public health.

Are you living under a rock? Gatherings are limited to ten in Phase 3 counties. Classes will be online. If bars are open at that point the profs will be assuming the risk. Masks and social distancing is required at Dissmore’s.
Actually I’m quite familiar with the situation. Higher ed is exempt from the phases and can hold in-person classes in any phase if the local health authorities agree with their plan.

However, since L&I decided this virus is a workplace hazard (why this one and no others?), the university cannot force faculty to teach in person. So some classes will be online no matter what. Profs will not assume risk, unless they choose to.
It’s required according to the sign at Dissmores, but I’d bet that it’s not being enforced.

Actually I’m quite familiar with the situation. Higher ed is exempt from the phases and can hold in-person classes in any phase if the local health authorities agree with their plan.

However, since L&I decided this virus is a workplace hazard (why this one and no others?), the university cannot force faculty to teach in person. So some classes will be online no matter what. Profs will not assume risk, unless they choose to.
It’s required according to the sign at Dissmores, but I’d bet that it’s not being enforced.

So, no mixing with students unless they choose to.

I don’t see anything that indicates at Pullman Regional.
It was mid-June, if I remember correctly. I got it directly from the health district, and it was confirmed in their daily summary. Don’t recall the duration, but it was relatively short.

Right. Is it a hoax or not? Let’s be clear where you stand.

I stand that there is a pandemic, and it is a serious issue. I also stand on the fact that there is still, months in, a crazy amount of misinformation from all political sides and constantly moving guidance from the CDC. For instance I posed the question of how to “clear” someone to return to work after being positive for Covid. CDC has guidance but Seems to contradict themselves. You can test positive up to 60 days out, but does that mean you are shedding virus? Unknown. Do you risk it? I would rather not. This is like most etiology of diseases everywhere. Factors and contributory information but no definitives. We know smoking can and does cause lung cancer, but so do many other things. We can say you are safer not smoking, but can not say if you are never exposed to cigarettes in any way that you will not get it. Genetics play roles, chemical exposures, radiation both natural and man made, etc. Hope that helps you, but if not, whelp that is just a you thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT