ADVERTISEMENT

Some good news

Take it for what it’s worth but I read on a brand x message board it was for am MIP. Big whoop in my book, especially after being locked down for so long.

It’s not only at WSU, Oregon’s QB is transferring out too.

Except that Oregon, Alabama types, etc, can EASILY handle, deal with it.

If it happens to them, they just plug and play, next 4 star, 5 star, All American, NFL er, up, and dont miss a beat, same high level performance, and they win games

If it happens to WSU, they put in a 2, 3 star to replace Hector the 4 star, and at best does a just barely SERVICEABLE, OK job.

Otherwise they do a bad job, and WSU loses games.

So there is a difference

Any program whose player gets arrested (MIP or any other low level offense) pretty much has to invoke some sort of suspension. Even the Huskies, who coddle and do anything required to maintain eligibility (then dump the kid when the eligibility is gone), would have a short, almost minuscule suspension. You would want your own kid to understand that there are consequences to their actions. A DUI is another level higher up the offense chain, and deserves more serious consequences. I don't read much into this. This is just the coach doing his job. The kid needs to recognize it for what it is and learn from it. Maturity is seldom gained without some cost. And most star HS athletes have not had to deal with consequences before, and are frequently behind the curve on maturity.

None of this is good news, however it's not the end of the world either. Let's turn this into a positive learning experience for both Hector and JDL, and they can become better people because of it, don't let your set backs in life define you, use them to motivate you. As for Calvin, I hate to see him go, certainly after all he has been through, I wish him nothing but the best, and as for the impact on the team, next man up. Fortunately, it's one position where we have depth. This is not the end of the world there are many solid pieces on offense, and with some solid play at the QB position this team should average 30 points a game as they become familiar with this offense. Shore up the defense and there is no reason this team shouldn't have a winning season.

Reactions: Lollapalousa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT