ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to agree with SCGlory about Kiffin.

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Why in the Hell isnt Alabama running the ball 75% of the time? The inside runs are there all day, but as soon as they get some momentum, Kiffin calls a 1st down pass that fails miserably.

Why in the Hell isnt Alabama running the ball 75% of the time? The inside runs are there all day, but as soon as they get some momentum, Kiffin calls a 1st down pass that fails miserably.
He's dying to get that freshman qb injured as well. A nice little parting gift for his former employer.

**edit - as an aside, speaking of their qb - mullets in football helmets look fcking stupid, I'm sorry. I'd have a tough time taking billy joe dreaklock seriously if he were my qb - but that's just me.

Last edited:
Jesus, just hand the ball off. Easiest analysis ever. Why is he still passing on 1st downs? Idiot.

One could argue that since they knew that they were going to win easily anyway, they might as well work on the things that they struggled with.

Lame has never been satisfied with merely succeeding. His sense of self worth requires that he do so flamboyantly, in a manner that will bring spotlights and kudos in his direction. Saban has reached well beyond his normal comfort zone in bringing in an OC with those known tendencies. This was clearly not going to last long, and Lame's highly publicized comments over the past week show why, as well as making his ego needs & lack of control all the more evident.

Sarky is a different person and has had a greater variety of life experiences than Lame. My only real gripe with Sarky over the years has been his need (yes, I think it is a need, not just a willingness) to cheat. Sarky will fit better as a Saban subordinate, and as long as he can stay away from the sauce, he will probably be a long term fit as OC for Saban. Sarky can control his ego better, will take orders without getting snippy, and is every bit as good an offensive coach as Lame (both of whom, by the way, are good fundamental offensive coaches).

Bottom line, both Lame and Sarky are high energy, capable guys. Lame will do OK at what ever football job he has until such time as his ego-driven personality flaws blow up on him. Sarky will do OK as long as he controls his addiction and is not put in a situation where he has to choose between right and wrong when wrong is easier. At this point my long term outlook for Lame is not good, because until one learns to control one's ego, sustained success is really tough. I hope that Sarkesian can stay sober. If he can do that, and if success at Alabama is easy enough that he really never has to be put in a position where he has to control his urge to cheat, then I could see him lasting at Alabama as long as Saban is there…to the benefit of them both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT