ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Bellantoni named new ILB coach

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
FB Chief of Staff Dave Emerick announced the hire on Tuesday's 'Cougs in 60' show. He has already arrived in Pullman.

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/bellantoni-named-cougs-linebackers-coach

roJhB2m6_400x400.jpg

FB Chief of Staff Dave Emerick announced the hire on Tuesday's 'Cougs in 60' show. He has already arrived in Pullman.

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/bellantoni-named-cougs-linebackers-coach

While the Power 5 assistants make pretty good coin, and serious coin if they ascend to a HC job, I don't envy their career paths. So many of these guys bounce around from town to town every couple of years, either uprooting their families or leaving them behind (wonder if Spurrier's family is still down South, or if he is bringing them out West). So you are either a perpetual apartment/condo dweller, or you are selling your house and packing up every 1-2-3 years. Really has to suck for their wives and kids. Hi Dad, bye Dad.

I would bet that stability and loyalty is apart of what he and family want. Leach is a loyal guy. The opportunity to be on Leach's staff, even for a couple of years, could open doors for him in other places.

While the Power 5 assistants make pretty good coin, and serious coin if they ascend to a HC job, I don't envy their career paths. So many of these guys bounce around from town to town every couple of years, either uprooting their families or leaving them behind (wonder if Spurrier's family is still down South, or if he is bringing them out West). So you are either a perpetual apartment/condo dweller, or you are selling your house and packing up every 1-2-3 years. Really has to suck for their wives and kids. Hi Dad, bye Dad.
Saw a tweet from his wife. 4 kids, looks like the oldest may be 15 or so. All are serious baseball fans. They were all lined up with WSU baseball hats. "Hoping for some good baseball out our way." lol. Mariners... my tip... just mark the calendar when the Yankees come to town and then go watch the Mariners that way... losing! But at least you'll get to watch some good ball! :D

And while he was working in Buffalo, it appears the family was in Florida. But by her tweet, it looks as though the family is moving out our way. From Florida where the boys are playing ball right now... to our baseball team having to re-locate the home games to RENO because we have so much snow...

Welcome coach and welcome to the family. Once a Coug always a Coug.

Coug95man, the rumor is that the Angels will finally have some pitchers that can stay off the disabled list. I would guess the Yankees are a tough ticket in Seattle. Good option is to see Mike Trout and the Angels there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT