ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Kent looks to freshman Flynn to ignite Cougs' offense

The worst thing about the turnovers last season was how many came in a stagnant half court, many while trying to force the ball in to the low block. Not like we were getting out of control in the run and gun.

It was an interesting article. I want to see how Flynn does this year. Kent is high on him and his videos are impressive. However,several posters here and on the other board are not impressed by his signing. i have not see him play and how good the competition really was. He did not have a lot of D 1 offers and one wonders if it was because he was already committed or is not the player,Kent says he is? He definitely will have had to gain strength and some weight to compete against college players. It is a big step up and older players will try to physically intimidate Flynn. It ultimately boils down to how big a heart he has and if he is mentally strong enough to compete on this level

Haven't seen the kid play, or even watched video. However everything about him reminds me of a skinny 6-1 kid who shot pretty well from Spokane about 35 years ago. I didn't think he looked like a high D-1 player and neither did anyone in the Pac 10. He turned out pretty well, so you never know.

Yes, the heart and intelligence coupled with a streak of meanness made him a very effective player. He did not take crap from anyone on the court.Players will test a "skinny kid".

Haven't seen the kid play, or even watched video. However everything about him reminds me of a skinny 6-1 kid who shot pretty well from Spokane about 35 years ago. I didn't think he looked like a high D-1 player and neither did anyone in the Pac 10. He turned out pretty well, so you never know.
His son David probably looked even less like a D-1 player and turned out ok as well. Things don't look good but might as well let it all play out.

Having played against Stockton I can tell you he was a very good player in the GSL but nobody would have ever guessed they were playing against a future hall of fame point guard. As far as Flynn my sources say he is better than Daniels who had his moments last year.

If he proves quick enough to get his shot off and drive the basket,he will have an impact. Flynn can shoot the ball,that is for sure.

If he proves quick enough to get his shot off and drive the basket,he will have an impact. Flynn can shoot the ball,that is for sure.
I can't tell whether Flynn has the kind of overall and lateral quickness for what the Pac 12 has become. Time will tell.

I don't believe he's of the cat-quick variety of some of Kent's guards at Oregon, but I do see a bit of Luke Ridnour in him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT