ADVERTISEMENT

Tastiest dog breed thread - poll coming

The whole “abandoned his unit” thing is pretty clearly BS.
He filed as a candidate for office in February. That pretty clearly - and legally - meant that he wasn’t going to be soldiering anymore. His unit was notified in March - a month after he filed for office - that they’d be deployed within the next 2 years. Multiple men from his unit have said he’d been discussing retirement for a while before the deployment notice came in.
He retired in May. His unit was notified in July that they’d be deployed, and mobilized in October.
So…he’d clearly planned to hang it up before they were notified of an upcoming deployment, and he clearly retired before the actual order came. After serving for 24 years, by the way. Saying he abandoned his unit is a complete and oversimplified distortion of the facts…which is pretty typical of Trump and his cronies.

Vance doesn’t have a lot of room to criticize anyway. He did his 4 years as a REMF - he was a reporter and public affairs staff. 6 months of his time was in Iraq safely behind a typewriter. I know a dozen real veterans who wonder how he managed to get out of there in only 6 months, while they had multiple year-long deployments and some of them were stop-lossed. Interesting questions, I think.

Also interesting how he doesn’t seem to have an issue with his boss claiming bone spurs to avoid even getting into the national guard when others his age were being drafted. Not sure how you accept that but then point a finger at someone who did 24 years.
They were notified in May. He retired in March.

They were notified in May. He retired in March.
Some sources are starting to carry conflicting information, but the initial reports said they got their first notification that they would eventually be deployed in March 2005 - they were not activated at that time. And then he retired in May.

Some sources are starting to carry conflicting information, but the initial reports said they got their first notification that they would eventually be deployed in March 2005 - they were not activated at that time. And then he retired in May.
Here's a pretty good and seemingly unbiased fact check.......one key here is that he stayed in the Guard for over 3 years after he was eligible to retire. Was he aware that his unit might eventually get deployed to Iraq? Yes. Was he under any obligation to further extend his service just in case? No.

Lustin for Trump Coug.... oh Stretch can hold his own .

But a legit question, maybe you or Stretch can decipher what Trump was trying to say about banning the abortion pill. There was a flood or words, just had no idea what he was saying.

Also, is he starting to lose his fastball like Biden did? Comes on pretty quickly. He told a story about a helicopter going down, which wasnt true. He said Willie Brown said some bad things about Harris. That wasnt true either. He confused Willie Brown for Jerry Brown. And even if Willie Brown was on tbe plane what was he going ti say? She was horrible in bed?

Anyone who can unscramble what he said it woukd be appreciated
He also thought E Jean Carroll was his ex-wife Marla Maples, when shown a picture of her. Did it twice even though Carroll was supposedly too ugly to rape.

And he confused Victor Orban with Recep Erdogan.

Trump is too old and senile to be POTUS

So? What does graft in the Philippines in 2016 have to do with the 2024 US Presidential election? And the information says exactly -0- about any voter fraud, which I assume you are trying to somehow tie into this.
His team is scrambling. He's still waiting for his instructions from his tribal-leaders. Gotta throw SOMETHING out there since everything else has been total trollesque bullshit. Taihtsat

Here's a pretty good and seemingly unbiased fact check.......one key here is that he stayed in the Guard for over 3 years after he was eligible to retire. Was he aware that his unit might eventually get deployed to Iraq? Yes. Was he under any obligation to further extend his service just in case? No.

His biggest slip is the reference to weapons “I carried in war.” That seems intentionally inaccurate, but it becomes a question of how big a deal one wants to make of it. I’m willing to bet that every single person holding an elected office has made misleading statements and embellished their accomplishments.

I s
His biggest slip is the reference to weapons “I carried in war.” That seems intentionally inaccurate, but it becomes a question of how big a deal one wants to make of it. I’m willing to bet that every single person holding an elected office has made misleading statements and embellished their accomplishments.
I guess the question would be, does it change the message he was trying to communicate about weapons of war. What if he was more accurate and said my squad took these ak's into war ... does that change the narrative about gun violence and why he is at odds with the NRA

I s

I guess the question would be, does it change the message he was trying to communicate about weapons of war. What if he was more accurate and said my squad took these ak's into war ... does that change the narrative about gun violence and why he is at odds with the NRA
No, because that would also be false. American forces don’t carry AKs

Lustin for Trump Coug.... oh Stretch can hold his own .

But a legit question, maybe you or Stretch can decipher what Trump was trying to say about banning the abortion pill. There was a flood or words, just had no idea what he was saying.

Also, is he starting to lose his fastball like Biden did? Comes on pretty quickly. He told a story about a helicopter going down, which wasnt true. He said Willie Brown said some bad things about Harris. That wasnt true either. He confused Willie Brown for Jerry Brown. And even if Willie Brown was on tbe plane what was he going ti say? She was horrible in bed?

Anyone who can unscramble what he said it woukd be appreciated
Fake news Ed it was a perfect phone call

No, because that would also be false. American forces don’t carry AKs
While I am not sure WTF it is we carry these days - some derivative of the old M-16 I guess - those of us than know a rifle from a shotgun are aware that the US military does not use AK-47's or their derivatives. Some of us do not, and probably don't know a .22 from a 9MM or a 12 gauge. All of which I have.

Las Vegas tower recording of “AirForce 1 requesting emergency landing, POTUS is 421”

It’s in the link.

You remember when this happened, right?

Remember how you pulled a muscle while exploding into freakout mode, desperately refreshing your inbox to know how to respond.

You DO remember, right?

BREAKING: Trump announces he's agreed to 3 September debates against Kamala: Fox News, NBC, and ABC​

Fox on September 4, ABC on September 10, and NBC on September 25.

Thank God. Ed can finally relax.

I notice people believing that a plane is a mirror, and not accounting for the angle of the photographer to the plane or the varying curves of the plane and engine cowling. Those will distort the reflections and will impact exactly what’s reflected. youd have to get in just the right position and shoot from a low angle to get a reflection of the crowd in the belly of a plan.
You’re also neglecting that the crowd isn’t really that close. They’d be set back quite a bit by both the FAA and the secret service. Photographers use different lenses and angles to make things look closer than they are. Happens all the time.

There’s also video of this. I think it’s in Detroit, and there was a pretty good crowd.

Kamala thanks you for your service.

You should really look at the picture

The reflection in the picture clearly shows the nearly empty parking lot. Weird, yes?

Last edited:

The reflection in the picture clearly shows the nearly empty parking lot. Weird, yes?
Not sure what you are trying to convey? Are you saying her crowd at the rally wasnt very big and Trumps dwarfs her crowds ?

Not sure the significance of the plane etc

Not sure what you are trying to convey? Are you saying her crowd at the rally wasnt very big and Trumps dwarfs her crowds ?

Not sure the significance of the plane etc
They had the rally in the parking lot? 🤷🏼‍♂️I thought it was inside. Do rally attendees have to meet her at the airport to count? Weird

They had the rally in the parking lot? 🤷🏼‍♂️I thought it was inside. Do rally attendees have to meet her at the airport to count? Weird
Well when I drive to home football games in Pullman, 15k meet up in Washtucna and that is what determines actual attendance in Pullman.

I looked at the picture, and also watched the video of the arrival at Detroit. Most of the crowd is actually inside a hangar adjacent to where the plane parked.

I’ve never been to the Detroit airport, but I think what you see in the reflection is the tarmac and hangar next door to the arrival event. The engine cowlings are curved, so they’ll show what’s at an angle behind the plane, not what’s next to it. You can see this effect in the reflection on the belly of the plane, where it’s reflecting the traffic markers on the ground - not the stuff to the side.

You can see a wider perspective at https://www.mlive.com/galleries/5KCO7UCFIRBKRPTFZTADEEOZV4/

Or the video at
(I don’t do TikTok, but was able to see the video in a browser)

You might also just try a little basic logic and ask what’s more likely: did the sitting VP and presumptive democratic nominee go somewhere and nobody showed up? Or, are angles, curved surfaces, and lighting quirks reflecting areas where the rally isn’t. I think if you see how the plane is parked, it becomes clear that the reflection is not the event venue, but a nearby facility.

And no, I’m not voting for Kamala. Or Donald. Like I’ve said before, since I live in Washington and not in King county, my vote doesn’t matter…so I can feel free to vote for whichever relative down-the-ballot unknown allows me a clear conscience.

But you DID believe in masking as a virtue
signal.

Masks have been and continue to be promoted by official bodies in my country – Brazil – by our FDA equivalent (ANVISA) and also by some state governors and city mayors. Masking was mandatory in planes throughout the country until March 1st 2023, and in public transportation in some cities, including São Paulo, the biggest city in Latin America, they are still required. Although from a mechanistic (laboratory experiments) and intuitive point of view masks are plausible interventions, their effectiveness has not been validated in randomized controlled trials (RCTs).

This fact was correctly pointed out by the president of the Brazilian Federal Council of Medicine in a letter to ANVISA, who bravely said: “The use of masks as virtue signaling or as a measure of a sense of social belonging can never be imposed on people who do not share such ideologies or behaviors, especially in the absence of scientific evidence or even possible harm to the patient’s health, as it is in the case at hand.”

The requirement that masks pass through RCTs is not a mere formality; drugs and therapies are rarely approved without one or more RCTs with clear and statistically significant results. The effectiveness of masks in reducing viral transmission was tested in several RCTs before and after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

These studies were reviewed and updated by Cochrane researchers in a 300-page paper published in late January 2023. To those who are not familiar with this organization, Cochrane is an international network of collaborators whose mission is to analyze and summarize the best evidence from biomedical research, without interference from commercial and financial interests, and is the leading global advocate for evidence-based health care. Cochrane reviews are internationally recognized as the benchmark for high-quality information.

Following your lead.
Is your point about AI altering crowds that Harris' crowd sizes and are more like 1500 people at the rally's as Trump claims and his are 15000 people. Is that the point ?

Last edited:
But you DID believe in masking as a virtue
signal.

Masks have been and continue to be promoted by official bodies in my country – Brazil – by our FDA equivalent (ANVISA) and also by some state governors and city mayors. Masking was mandatory in planes throughout the country until March 1st 2023, and in public transportation in some cities, including São Paulo, the biggest city in Latin America, they are still required. Although from a mechanistic (laboratory experiments) and intuitive point of view masks are plausible interventions, their effectiveness has not been validated in randomized controlled trials (RCTs).

This fact was correctly pointed out by the president of the Brazilian Federal Council of Medicine in a letter to ANVISA, who bravely said: “The use of masks as virtue signaling or as a measure of a sense of social belonging can never be imposed on people who do not share such ideologies or behaviors, especially in the absence of scientific evidence or even possible harm to the patient’s health, as it is in the case at hand.”

The requirement that masks pass through RCTs is not a mere formality; drugs and therapies are rarely approved without one or more RCTs with clear and statistically significant results. The effectiveness of masks in reducing viral transmission was tested in several RCTs before and after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

These studies were reviewed and updated by Cochrane researchers in a 300-page paper published in late January 2023. To those who are not familiar with this organization, Cochrane is an international network of collaborators whose mission is to analyze and summarize the best evidence from biomedical research, without interference from commercial and financial interests, and is the leading global advocate for evidence-based health care. Cochrane reviews are internationally recognized as the benchmark for high-quality information.
Are you talking to me? Where tf did masking come from 😂

By the way when I go to the dentist and they want to put on a mask…I say hell no! I’ll take my business elsewhere if you are gonna subject me to your virtual signaling. Same with when I go in for surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT