ADVERTISEMENT

These 'SEC Shorts' guys GET IT............

Well, until people vote with their remotes this shit will continue. I, for one, will not be running in to watch ND get embarrassed a second time, as much as that would thrill me.

Well, until people vote with their remotes this shit will continue. I, for one, will not be running in to watch ND get embarrassed a second time, as much as that would thrill me.
I too, do not like ND. Them playing BAMA is a bit ofnthemlesser of 2 evils thing. Although ALABAMA is certainly more deserving.

I, coming from a Catholic home was more sympathetic to ND as a youth. It all changed for me in 1983, I believe it was, when the Cougs won their last 5 games to go 7-4 and got overlooked by some bowl selection committee in favor of a 6-5 Irish team that voted to accept the bid. I've been against them virtually ever since...except when they've played the Tide.

Anyone else have a similar genesis to their disdain?

Krusty, I remember that event and it did, indeed, leave a bad taste.

I've also been ashamed of ND's complicit status with regard to sexual abuse by priests. They may finally have been forced out of that mode...maybe...unless there are yet more shoes to drop. Worse even than Penn State, given that far more perps were involved over a much longer period.

The ND TV network situation was something that royally irritated me. Worse even than Texas's behavior.

Schools like Alabama and Texas make no pretense that they will do anything other than what is required to win. ND has pretended otherwise, and the hypocrisy smells like dead fish.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Anyone else have a similar genesis to their disdain?
I remember that and I also remember Notre Dame looking absolutely lousy in that game. While I never blamed ND for their decision, I never followed nor forgave the Liberty Bowl after that. However, I was a big notre dame fan until that point but have been pretty much indifferent since then.

I probably won't watch any CFP. ESPN basically has ruined CFB with their bogus playoff committee. If I do watch, I'll be pulling for Bama (and they're clearly the best team). Cannot stand Dabo (he seriously sucks); cannot stand Brian Kelly (he also sucks, but less than Dabo), and I think Ryan Day is an average coach winning with Urban's guys (a bit of a coaching fraud).

The CFP is just an invitational at this point. Until it expands and they kick the committee to the curb, that group of games is a pointless exercise.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT